Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 31 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 8:59 am

Perpetual wrong-time/wrong-place. The social circles I run in, while all have cool guys in them, generally had girlfriends - now wives typically, and no one worthwhile around the periphery or coming/going. When I do see attractive or interesting people its in transitional settings - like catching an airplane, going somewhere to get something done of some kind, back when I was in college; its a bit like all kinds of people who are essentially sealed off from my world are revealed as existing at those times.

It's been easily 17 years of that now. The only thing I can think of, and this will make all the atheists groan, is its as if a higher power wants me kept in an isolation tank for now and out into the forseeable future. When that's suppose to end, I'll notice the entire causal fabric of reality shifting (I've seen it happen before), destiny will come calling, and I'll have it asserted that not only is there no acausal free will and likely no worthwhile libertarian free will, but that there are also higher agents making *damn* sure that if we're supposed to be in a particular rut for the case of future events that all odds will be stacked against us for the sake of keeping us there until they look at their watches and say that its time to let that particular person move on.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2012, 11:13 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Perpetual wrong-time/wrong-place. The social circles I run in, while all have cool guys in them, generally had girlfriends - now wives typically, and no one worthwhile around the periphery or coming/going. When I do see attractive or interesting people its in transitional settings - like catching an airplane, going somewhere to get something done of some kind, back when I was in college; its a bit like all kinds of people who are essentially sealed off from my world are revealed as existing at those times.

It's been easily 17 years of that now. The only thing I can think of, and this will make all the atheists groan, is its as if a higher power wants me kept in an isolation tank for now and out into the forseeable future. When that's suppose to end, I'll notice the entire causal fabric of reality shifting (I've seen it happen before), destiny will come calling, and I'll have it asserted that not only is there no acausal free will and likely no worthwhile libertarian free will, but that there are also higher agents making *damn* sure that if we're supposed to be in a particular rut for the case of future events that all odds will be stacked against us for the sake of keeping us there until they look at their watches and say that its time to let that particular person move on.
Are you suggesting if the Universe wants you to be with a particular person then fate/destiny will draw the two of you together ,so any woman that is right for you wouldn't be in a transitional setting ,like catching an airplane?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 11:25 am

bruinsy33 wrote:
Are you suggesting if the Universe wants you to be with a particular person then fate/destiny will draw the two of you together ,so any woman that is right for you wouldn't be in a transitional setting ,like catching an airplane?

If you have immovable blocks that make a transitional setting useless - quite possibly.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 May 2012, 11:34 am

I make things very awkward. I'm working on that.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 11:56 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Yes, I quite identify with this. "...wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed... "

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2012, 5:49 pm

I'll change my reason to something more comprehensive: presentation. While my mind is usually sound, people tell me I have a good sense of humour and I'm good at talking, my physical presentation is bad at best and laughable at worst. I look much younger than I actually am, my motor skills are clumsy, and my voice is so bloody awful people start staring at me the moment I say something. I'd bet anything I have on the following: if I had a better body and voice, I'd be done with university and have a relationship by now.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2012, 3:27 pm

I'm always, "You're a nice guy but...."

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 4:39 pm

Probably because I'm expected to take the leap of faith and I don't take it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2012, 4:41 pm

Lack of social life == single.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 8:13 pm

Hairy Chest = Single

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 12:21 am

I'm not sure... probably due to not being ambitious/smooth enough to ask potentials for an actual date (or even their name!)

(A close second would be my critical lack of self-confidence.)

Ztrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2012, 7:01 am

scarter wrote:
Look at my profile picture. Any questions?

You seem more like a Badass than anything

Ztrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2012, 7:02 am

Women tend to call me too "out there" WTF

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2012, 9:43 am

I am usually not in any situation where I am around women in person, I don't usually pursue them either. I had a GF in high school. Dating just seems like the HS thing to do. Its seems they just "Like oh my god I am totally in love with you (for a minute) ah not any more to the next one a minute later, like omg I am totally in love with you now, and so on.
A while back someone said they saw a 100,000 watt light bulb that was a foot tall at a museum, she said it was the biggest they've seen, I said if you compare the wattage to its size, its smaller than an average 100 watt light bulb. She said another guy she talked to said something really funny about it, so I guess I didn't. It seems I do alot of things like that. They say I am boring.
Like in high school we'd be sitting at the table in the library and people would be talking to each other, one person would say something, and the other person would comment. And the first person would laugh or seem to continue with the conversation, and they would all flow together very well. If I tried to make a comment, I would just break the flow of the conversation, "I can't get in on it" they would just have a questioned look in there eyes, stop, and then continue on about something else like I am not there. This one guy even said, "Rick, you're not a real person, shut up". So I hear alot of things like that.

As far as dating websites go, I am passive. A few years ago I made my self available to be found on a couple of websites. Then I forget about the websites and live my life. I must be too picky and never see any one I like anyway. I get like 10 profile views a year. If one day someone stumbles by and likes my profile, maybe they will send me a message. I just don't send messages, because I never see anyone I like, I don't want to disappoint my self or anyone else, or they may only reply just to be nice, and I don't want to bother anyone.

To my own astonishment, the other day. I broke my own rule. I actually sent someone a message. I can't believe I did that. I shouldn't have. I was excited and I said wayyy too much to her.
I might just be the "stupid knight" from the other side of the world (well actually its just over the top of the world). I don't know.

It would be interesting to meet an aspie, not just because they are one, but for who the are and the relativeness
Some people who don't understand me say, if you meet the right person, all that nervous stuff will go away once you get used to them
It is my theory that, not all of it will, but thats ok :) Like for example, some times if I talk to someone in person, at the time the convorsation is active, I can't think of what to say. They walk away, and after the fact, I finally realize what I was supposed to say but its too late. But if I go back to them and restart the conversation, thats not socially acceptable, thats weird. But with an aspie if this still happens, it might be ok if these things happen because they would both understand, maybe, I am not certain, that is just my idea.

hmm.. google.. search? read? hmmm. maybe, maybe not. this is alot more subtle than sending a message.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 11:57 am

Why am I single? Cuz no one asks me out. I rarely leave the house, I don't have many opportunites to meet people.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 11:58 am

Why am I single? Cuz no one asks me out. I rarely leave the house, I don't have many opportunites to meet people.