Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 7 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 36  Next

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 5:31 am

There's only one reason for any adult to be single: lack of ambition. If you really wanted someone, were willing to accept someone suitable, and were prepared to take the necessary steps to meet and pursue such a person, anyone could find someone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 5:42 am

NorwichAspie wrote:
This is plain and simple. I have AS and girls dont like boys with AS.

Why are so many guys with AS in relationships then?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 5:46 am

hale_bopp wrote:
NorwichAspie wrote:
This is plain and simple. I have AS and girls dont like boys with AS.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 5:48 am

Boxman108 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

Lucky to be half-awake and focused? :lol:

Definitely! I could click with a few people romantically...and there are even less I could spiritually....but both is near impossible...but I'm going to have faith and hope.

Moat aspies dislike religion unfortunately :?

Your brain or the no religion thing? :scratch:

Well it would seem nice to be able to have faith in something. Maybe I'm just too cynical or something. It hasn't helped that some people have made me out to be some kind of devil just because of it. I understand that they don't speak for everyone, and their are atheists who are just depressing to be around, but still, it's people like that that make me wary of joining any sort of group. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean I couldn't just be part of the religion and not the church.

But yeah, being able to not be stupid would be a good thing for me, as well. :P

It is. :) No, faith is a product of life experience and attitude.
No, nobody is the devil. If you do things that you know are wrong intentionally, that is wrong...but if you don't know then you aren't.
Eh, the people thing as well. Well, it is hard to be both in the religion and in the church but it is awesome.

:lol: Let's get that fixed then ;) (jk)

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 6:52 am

MXH wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

:lol:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:03 am

I've given up and I'm actually happier for it. I think some people are better off alone.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:06 am

hale_bopp wrote:

Even a 98% chance of "failure" will equate to a lot of people when there's several million men [and women] with an ASD worldwide.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:08 am

Aimless wrote:
I think some people are better off alone.

I think some people are made to be alone for much of the time, and that would be people like "us".

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:17 am

Dillogic wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I think some people are better off alone.

I think some people are made to be alone for much of the time, and that would be people like "us".

My one relationship at age 40 produced a son, who has AS. He is precious to me, although he is 14 and can be a little s**t sometimes. It is an ideal circumstance though, as we are free to be ourselves with each other.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:34 am

I think "we" were the scouts of eons past, much like those with OCD were supposedly the carers and camp "defenders"; back when cavemen and women didn't know they were such, of course.

I've never met someone who I know has an ASD who needed a single iota of social and emotional closeness for most of the time, like how "normal" people often do.

Add in repetitive behaviors, and it's just as likely that people with an ASD were scouts for their tribe as they were the lone tinkerers, who were ok with long breaks between interaction, as they didn't need the same amount as everyone else.

Spying on nearby tribes, looking for threats and resources away from the established camp/community, just seems like it's suited to someone with an ASD. The poor motor skills that can manifest are usually seen in modern sports and social structures, rather than survival in the basic wilderness.

There's a tangent hop.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 7:39 am

tangential = fluidity of thought
Not a bad thing

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:17 am

Because I'm awesome :D

mv
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:18 am

Moog wrote:

You so are!

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:19 am

What if too many people in the tribe are born with AS and you end up with a disproportionate amount of "scouts"? I am not an expert in biology but your theory seems like nonsense to me.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:21 am

mv wrote:
Moog wrote:

You so are!

I second this notion!

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 9:16 am

Burzum wrote:
What if too many people in the tribe are born with AS and you end up with a disproportionate amount of "scouts"? I am not an expert in biology but your theory seems like nonsense to me.

Die out, or the social deficits are actually what keeps the population down (much like now), deficits which make some things better (solitary activities for extended periods of time).

Just as nonsensical as the tinkerer/scientist one that people/professionals purvey.