Why are you still single ( one reason)

Page 5 of 36 [ 564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

hockeytaz wrote:
Two words: Super Freak, nothing more really needs to be said.

Guys don't date girls like me no matter how badly I want them to. I'm ugly as sin, my life revolves around 3 things: ice hockey, horses and chemistry, and I have horrid social skills. Who wants to date that?

I would be interested. I have low vision & I'm NOT a visual person at all & I don't have great social skills either sense I'm an Aspie. I don't know anything about ice-hockey, horses or chemistry thou but I could get into horses if I had the opportunity

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bluntedboywonder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2012, 10:37 am

Dillogic wrote:
bluntedboywonder wrote:
I have aspergers and I've attracted women so all the people in here saying that they're single because of it are wrong.

There's a difference between attracting someone and being able to hold onto what's attracted to you. Some people are ok with something that doesn't last long, whereas others want that lifelong deal. Attracting is simple, especially if you're better than average looking. Holding on to what you love, by needing to continually give the social and emotional stuff to the amount most people desire, will be hard to next to impossible for those with an ASD.

An ASD will mean if you can even get there, you'll most likely end up getting lost. This is based on statistics I've read; it's like 95% of men with AS who're married end up divorced, whereas we know the stats for normal people.

You are right there, my relationships have all failed for a large part because of my aspergers.

Diagnosis: Have Aspergers - Diagnosed

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

bluntedboywonder wrote:
You are right there, my relationships have all failed for a large part because of my aspergers.

Sadly.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:13 pm

I meet so few people that 1) are available, 2) are attractive to me, 3) I connect with, and 4) have the character I require.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 6:25 pm

Because I'm a hopeless romantic, and need to have the ultimate spiritual connection with someone. Anything less won't satisfy me.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

I have learned one thing in my 49 years on this weird planet..
There is NO PERFECT match. Not for me, not for anyone. If you are really lucky you find someone you click with. And they with you. The rest is work. No magic needed. Relationships involve work.
Now I just have to find a female who realizes this simple fact of life.
My main problem is getting close to someone INITIALLY. Dates are rare...
And when I was last truly in love, it took me 6 weeks to get up the courage to try to hold her hand..

Matt.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 9:35 pm

I should not get a girlfriend. I want to, but there are too many reasons why I should not.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

Well, the fact that practically no one on campus knows I'm gay could probably be called an impediment.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

dianthus wrote:
Because I'm a hopeless romantic, and need to have the ultimate spiritual connection with someone. Anything less won't satisfy me.

There are plenty of girls who like romance.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
dianthus wrote:

dianthus is a girl & I think she might be looking for a guy but I'm not sure. But there are guys who feel the same way. I would love to have that kind of connection with someone

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BillyJoe
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2012, 11:03 pm

extreme fear of intimacy, and constant anxiety.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:05 pm

nick007 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
dianthus wrote:

dianthus is a girl & I think she might be looking for a guy but I'm not sure. But there are guys who feel the same way. I would love to have that kind of connection with someone

I'm not so sure I'd use the word spiritual, but I agree. I don't see why anyone would settle for less.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
dianthus wrote:

I'm not so sure I'd use the word spiritual, but I agree. I don't see why anyone would settle for less.

Sorry! :oops: I didn't pay attention, kinda out of it right now.

:lol: Good thing I'm looking for a guy as well. :roll: Or ya never know :wink: :lol: :lol: But seriously....I have slept less than 3 hours today, my brain is on totally fried mode right now.

Spiritual and romantic are 2 different things. I would wish for both. :heart:

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:44 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
dianthus wrote:

:lol: Good thing I'm looking for a guy as well. :roll: Or ya never know :wink: :lol: :lol: But seriously....I have slept less than 3 hours today, my brain is on totally fried mode right now.

My brain never works regardless of how much sleep I get. You should count yourself lucky. :P
Yeah I guess they are. Spirituality's never been that crucial for me...then again I guess it makes sense what with having no religion. Maybe I should get that fixed with surgery.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2012, 11:52 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
dianthus wrote:

My brain never works regardless of how much sleep I get. You should count yourself lucky. :P
Yeah I guess they are. Spirituality's never been that crucial for me...then again I guess it makes sense what with having no religion. Maybe I should get that fixed with surgery.

Lucky to be half-awake and focused? :lol:

Definitely! I could click with a few people romantically...and there are even less I could spiritually....but both is near impossible...but I'm going to have faith and hope.

Moat aspies dislike religion unfortunately :?

Your brain or the no religion thing? :scratch:

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 12:07 am

chrissyrun wrote:

Lucky to be half-awake and focused? :lol:

Definitely! I could click with a few people romantically...and there are even less I could spiritually....but both is near impossible...but I'm going to have faith and hope.

Moat aspies dislike religion unfortunately :?

Your brain or the no religion thing? :scratch:

Well it would seem nice to be able to have faith in something. Maybe I'm just too cynical or something. It hasn't helped that some people have made me out to be some kind of devil just because of it. I understand that they don't speak for everyone, and their are atheists who are just depressing to be around, but still, it's people like that that make me wary of joining any sort of group. I guess that doesn't necessarily mean I couldn't just be part of the religion and not the church.

But yeah, being able to not be stupid would be a good thing for me, as well. :P