Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Would you rather date the worst member of your preferred sex or switch teams?
I'm a straight woman and I'd rather date the worst guy than another girl 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a straight woman and I'd rather go lesbian than date the worst guy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a straight man and I'd rather date the worst girl than go gay 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
I'm a straight man and I'd rather go gay than date the worst girl 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
I'm bisexual so this question doesn't matter to me anyway 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
I'm a lesbian and I'd rather date a guy than date the worst girl 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm a lesbian and I'd rather date the worst girl than date a guy 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
I'm gay and I'd rather date a girl than date the worst guy 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm gay and I'd rather date the worst guy than date a girl 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:02 am

The most unappealing person of your sex, like let's say, Hitler or Casey Anthony or just anyone who is really ugly, mean, or both, or switch teams and date the sex you are not attracted to? Think of the member of your preferred sex you find utterly disgusting.

Personally there are some women I find so unattractive I would rather date another (attractive) guy. But I pretty much find the idea of sex with a man and sex with a really ugly and/or mean woman equally unappealing.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:16 am

You can't just "turn gay", it's not a choice. This question is stupid.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:17 am

let's just be single

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2012, 9:24 am

This is a VERY homophobic question.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

SPKx wrote:
This is a VERY homophobic question.

It's not really homophobic, it's just plain stupid.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:54 am

Indifference to sex is also an option especially for HFA people. Also like another poster stated, you are born with your sexuality; its not something you aquire.

Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 9:57 am

huh

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

ah i feel bad for all the negative responses. poor op

if it was just 'dating' id rather spend time in the company of a woman than an as*hole
if it was just sex i might have to go for the penis with the jerk attached

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:22 am

Asp-Z wrote:

I don't mean turn gay. I just meant 'switch teams' in the sense of be in a gay relationship.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:24 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
ah i feel bad for all the negative responses. poor op

if it was just 'dating' id rather spend time in the company of a woman than an as*hole
if it was just sex i might have to go for the penis with the jerk attached

Yeah, I didn't mean to offend anyone. :? Thanks for the honest answer. I would pretty much agree. I've actually had admiration/platonic feelings for men before, though it doesn't happen too often, but I could never have sex with a man. It just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'd rather have sex with the meanest woman I could imagine lol. Though like, having sex with a really ugly 60 year old woman sounds just as bad as having sex with a man does to me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:25 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

I don't mean turn gay. I just meant 'switch teams' in the sense of be in a gay relationship.

Same thing, surely?

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:26 am

Aspinator wrote:
Indifference to sex is also an option especially for HFA people. Also like another poster stated, you are born with your sexuality; its not something you aquire.

I'm aware of that. I was just asking which would be more intolerable - going against your sexual nature, or being with someone of the sex you like that you find extremely unattractive?

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:26 am

Asp-Z wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Same thing, surely?

No not exactly. Being in a gay relationship doesn't make a person gay, any more than being in a straight relationship makes a gay person straight.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:28 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
donnie_darko wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Same thing, surely?

No not exactly. Being in a gay relationship doesn't make a person gay, any more than being in a straight relationship makes a gay person straight.

But why would a person who knows they're straight enter a gay relationship? It still doesn't make much sense. If they're not attracted to the person they're in a relationship with, there's no point.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:42 am

it was just one of those hypothetical 'which, from a selection of non-preferable options, would you rather select' questions

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:54 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
it was just one of those hypothetical 'which, from a selection of non-preferable options, would you rather select' questions

Exactly! I don't see why people get offended by those kind of questions. It's the same as those questions like "would you kill a thousand people to save your mom". It's purely hypothetical, it's an intentionally extreme and ridiculous scenario meant to provoke thought about what you really value. It's not meant to be trolling or offensive or rude or whatever.

I'm saying if FORCED to, if you had a gun to your head, would you rather date (or go further) a person of the sex you like that you hate, or would you rather be in a homosexual relationship with someone who was decent but not your preferred sex?