The good and bad about being short in the dating world

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

Am doing this from height thread we have going on now.

But this about being short then the average height. Do feel it has affected your dating rate. Or people tend to look at you as younger age. Or getting it on :wink: were it Seems like a challenge. Or people tend to be nicer to short women or short men are not attractive.

Or this statement why tall men tend to be with short women. Or opposite way

Am about 5 feet tall so am a short lady. I happen to love my height

State how you feel about being short. And how it affected you

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 7:17 pm

I'm not sure how it would effect anything specific to relationships or dating, but at around 5 feet myself, I can't help but still feel like a kid around a lot of people who are significantly taller than me. :P

I'd hate to sound shallow, but I can't imagine being with someone much shorter or taller than me. I'd prefer someone more the same height. Overall, though, that wouldn't be something that matters in the long run.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

that^

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2012, 7:39 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
I'm not sure how it would effect anything specific to relationships or dating, but at around 5 feet myself, I can't help but still feel like a kid around a lot of people who are significantly taller than me. :P

I'd hate to sound shallow, but I can't imagine being with someone much shorter or taller than me. I'd prefer someone more the same height. Overall, though, that wouldn't be something that matters in the long run.

It may Effect finding a date from someone might be interrested in you .becouse they might think your underage.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

Lady-ivy wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:

It may Effect finding a date from someone might be interrested in you .becouse they might think your underage.

Yeah, I guess....which is why I plan on growing an epic ZZ Top beard. Maybe use some stilts, too. :p But I guess what I meant is, well, I don't have much experience dating so I have nothing to judge by for now.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 8:08 pm

Tall woman crashing your thread :D

For most of my life I've found slightly shorter men to be physically ideal. I'm talking 5'7"/5'8". Men of that height seem to be much more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing, from an objective point of view. But having dealt with the insecurity that so many shorter men feel when their female partner is taller than them, I'm no longer interested in dating anyone more than an inch or so shorter than me, and my preference is that he's my height or a bit taller.
However, I'd still put men like Ed Harris, Paul Newman, and Gene Kelly at the top of my sexy list.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

Being a short lady hasn't really been an issue. It makes it easier to find a man that's taller than me, as most of them are. I'm 5'3" by the way. :P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

women apparently lie slightly on their OKCupid profiles and pretend to be taller, but it is counterproductive.

men message shorter women more than taller women on the site. unfortunately for shorter men, tall men also get more messages. :(

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-b ... ne-dating/

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2012, 9:47 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
women apparently lie slightly on their OKCupid profiles and pretend to be taller, but it is counterproductive.

men message shorter women more than taller women on the site. unfortunately for shorter men, tall men also get more messages. :(

I wander if this is some of the reasons why I get too many message.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

Erisad wrote:
Being a short lady hasn't really been an issue. It makes it easier to find a man that's taller than me, as most of them are. I'm 5'3" by the way. :P

That is so true. We will never really have problem with guys being shorter then us. As almost everyone is taller

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 11:03 pm

I'm 5ft11 and I'll only say I do feel very uncomfortable being with a woman that is taller than me.

Likewise I've been in places with other guys who were shorter (5ft2'ish) and seen them get passed up by women after a quick glance for guys that were taller and significantly less attractive and dressed worse.

I just cant imagine what being rejected at a glance is like. I've gotten used to seeing the 'rejection' look flash by a woman's face after a few awkward minute of conversation with me (AS yay!) but at least I know there is interest. Getting rejected at a glance must be horrible :(

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

This is why i started the other thread. :)

I have found that men shorter then me tend to fall into 2 small sub catagories. (and by shorter i mean more then half an inch shorter) They
are either fetishists or even a smaller number dont care. I have weidness from men even up to and over 6'7" over my height. It has caused lots of issues in the past.

So I'm never in a rush

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 6:05 am

Lady-ivy wrote:
Erisad wrote:

That is so true. We will never really have problem with guys being shorter then us. As almost everyone is taller

And it makes guys on the shorter side happier because, "hey! a cute girl who's shorter than me!" If that's their thing. Some like them taller. My first three bfs were 5'6". My current one is 6"1'. So I jumped a huge height gap between them. Now I gotta get used to kissing a tall fella. :lol:

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2012, 12:37 pm

Erisad wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:
Erisad wrote:

And it makes guys on the shorter side happier because, "hey! a cute girl who's shorter than me!" If that's their thing. Some like them taller. My first three bfs were 5'6". My current one is 6"1'. So I jumped a huge height gap between them. Now I gotta get used to kissing a tall fella. :lol:

I know what you mean. My ex was about 6'3. And kissing was quite awkward at first. He literally had to bend his back and lower his head to kiss. Am sure it hurts having to bend his back.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

Well I'm pretty average height (6'), but I thought I'd add my opinion. I think that being short in many ways might be beneficial for women, as a lot of guys don't want to date a woman who is taller than they are. The opposite seems to be true for men, taller is better. However, all things considered, I don't think height plays a huge role in dating unless it's taken to extreme ends (like under 4'6" or over 6'8")...most people I know wouldn't really consider height much at all.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

Lady-ivy wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Lady-ivy wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I know what you mean. My ex was about 6'3. And kissing was quite awkward at first. He literally had to bend his back and lower his head to kiss. Am sure it hurts having to bend his back.

I sometimes have to stand on my tippy-toes. :oops: