Valentine's Day... NOT AGAIN.

Page 4 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:13 pm

The-Raven wrote:
I was very touched and pleased and have been very happy all afternoon.

Be very, very careful. He might well be manipulating you.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

Tequila wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
I was very touched and pleased and have been very happy all afternoon.

Be very, very careful. He might well be manipulating you.

Sounds like something I would say, except I don't think he is.

Hmm, from a so-called man who doesn't want to know his own kid...to this. I wouldn't be happy.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:21 pm

smudge wrote:
Hmm, from a so-called man who doesn't want to know his own kid...to this. I wouldn't be happy.

Doesn't make sense. It's up to The-Raven to make her own judgement call here... as always.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:23 pm

deleted

Last edited by The-Raven on 15 Feb 2012, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

deleted

Last edited by The-Raven on 15 Feb 2012, 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

I just don't like it because I am always either single, or not quite sure what is going on with some guy or another I never actually have anyone to spend it with. Except that one time in highschool I think...can't remember though.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 5:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I just don't like it because I am always either single, or not quite sure what is going on with some guy or another I never actually have anyone to spend it with. Except that one time in highschool I think...can't remember though.

Same here... I see everyone else in relationships all the time. V-day is just the worst day of the year for it; it's a year-long phenomenon that doesn't stop. It's so aggravating to me as well. Unlike Weiss-Yohji, however, it doesn't make me want to kill others, it just makes me want to kill myself. EVERY OTHER FREAKING PERSON on the planet either has a significant other or is perfectly happy by themselves. Why did I have to be an incomplete human?

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 6:16 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Same here... I see everyone else in relationships all the time. V-day is just the worst day of the year for it; it's a year-long phenomenon that doesn't stop. It's so aggravating to me as well. Unlike Weiss-Yohji, however, it doesn't make me want to kill others, it just makes me want to kill myself. EVERY OTHER FREAKING PERSON on the planet either has a significant other or is perfectly happy by themselves. Why did I have to be an incomplete human?

I don't think that's true :) There are lots of desperate and lonely singles out there. Some claim that they are perfectly happy and content, but many of those are lying (both to themselves and to others).

I have been alone for 21 years. I had a short relationship at age 19 (my first and only one), but it only lasted for a few weeks and I came out of it as a virgin (she was 16 and didn't want sex). I've come to accept the fact that I will grow old alone, because my social anxiety nowadays makes it impossible to be around other people for more than an hour or two. But I'm certainly not happy by myself.

Try to look at it this way: Relationships rarely ever last a lifetime, and a breakup can turn your entire life upside down. You might have moved in together at that point and need to find a new apartment. Or worse, you might have bought a house together that you're still paying off. And even if things work out: do you really think that people with a couple of kids and a mountain of debt are happier? People who don't have a single minute for themselves, only have sex once a month and can't even j**k off due to the total lack of privacy? I doubt it. They probably dream of being single :)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

An excuse to be schmaltzy and gross.

The flowers die after a couple of days.....

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm

aussiebloke wrote:

They just go mouldy in my place.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

smudge wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

Well I don't get it :?

Perhaps you need to be a girly to do so ? I'll bake you a cake instead :wink:

Actually I've just made one a bakeless unbaked raw vegan Thai coconut " cheesecake. "

Home made Coconut milk, lime ,agar (which is the setting agent similar to gelatin,)

Green pandan topping : pandan extract , green food colouring, water ,

I'm trying new food at the moment in a bit of a food rut at the moment sadly

I love pandan Asia's own green vanilla!

And if you haven't tried it thats your project for the day . :wink:

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

I've never had a reason to celebrate it so to me it is quite pointless.

Except for the availability of candy cinnamon hearts.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 10:09 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
smudge wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

Well I don't get it :?

Perhaps you need to be a girly to do so ? I'll bake you a cake instead :wink:

Actually I've just made one a bakeless unbaked raw vegan Thai coconut " cheesecake. "

You need to be a girl to do what?

aussiebloke wrote:

Home made Coconut milk, lime ,agar (which is the setting agent similar to gelatin,)

Green pandan topping : pandan extract , green food colouring, water ,

I'm trying new food at the moment in a bit of a food rut at the moment sadly

I love pandan Asia's own green vanilla! And if you haven't tried it thats your project for the day . :wink:

Ah! Is that made of vanilla essence, and green food colouring? :tongue:

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 11:39 pm

I completely agree with the OP. Valentine's Day was created by card and flower companies for the sole purpose of profit. If you love someone, you can show them on any random day. You don't need Valentine's Day as an excuse. Some people use Valentine's Day as an excuse to do cheesy romantic stuff and not get laughed it. I laugh at the cheesy relationship crap even on Valentine's Day. I guess that idea failed as well.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

15 Feb 2012, 3:12 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
@ WhiteWidow: It also pisses me off when some random girl is already taken, has kids, or both. WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS LEAD ME ON THIS WAY? I WANT REVENGE ON THEM FOR IT! AND WHY DOES NEARLY EVERYONE I KNOW HAVE TO BE IN RELATIONSHIPS WHEN I NEED IT MORE THAN THEY DO? DO I HAVE TO KILL THEM FOR IT? DO I HAVE TO ELIMINATE ALL COMPETITION?

WTF dude???? You want to kill people and get revenge on them for having a relationship??? You want to get revenge on me and my husband for being married 25 years and having kids? You want revenge on my 18 yo daughter because she's engaged? You can trust me on this one, with that kind of attitude you won't find anybody to be in any relationship with except eventually a cellie if you end up losing it and actually hurting people for no reason except that they are happier than you.

How do women lead you on? By being in public when they have a relationship, or aren't interested in having one with you?

Seriously, get some therapy.

Teens who get engaged should be shot. 18 is far too f*****g young!

The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2012, 7:16 am

deleted

Last edited by The-Raven on 15 Feb 2012, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.