Valentine's Day... NOT AGAIN.

Page 4 of 7 [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Oct 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 687
Location: la la land

13 Feb 2012, 10:25 am

I am fine with valentine's day actually! Mainly because I went on a date Saturday so that is like an early valentine's day for me.



Dia
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2012
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 12

13 Feb 2012, 10:29 am

I send valentine's cards to myself now, at the end saying "from Anonymous"
It's the perfect crime



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

13 Feb 2012, 4:25 pm

You conveniently seem to forget that even a lot of people with partners think Valentine's Day is tacky.



Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,859
Location: Seattle, WA

13 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

I don't mind Singles Awareness Day very much. I'm just used to it. I'll probably just spend the evening at home watching TV or a movie.



sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Age: 119
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,496

14 Feb 2012, 6:50 am

I thoroughly enjoyed valentines this year because it reminded me of how glad I am to be single and not stuck in the position I was in last year (trapped in a dysfunctional relationship).


_________________
Into the dark...


WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 664
Location: Here

14 Feb 2012, 11:55 am

Valentines day is probably really great. What's not great about showing someone you love them just a little more than you usually would any other day of the year?

It just sucks b/c there's a ton of aspies, such as myself who are still single. Girls pass me and I can't say a word. It's not like they put on a big smile either like I try to. I mean... what do you say? They're always walking fast or silent, or with somebody and it's usually a guy, even if it's just a friend. Or their mother, oh man I've been there. I asked a girl out when her mom was with her.

I think the problem is I'm asking the wrong girls, especially at the wrong times. Usually during work, or when they're busy or with someone. I've even tried sitting in on Uni classes, and not for the purpose of meeting someone, but hoping I would of course. And I couldn't bring myself to ask a girl in the class for notes ect. Because... why would I? It's not like I'm actually in the class.

I think the problem with aspies is that they're too honest. When we don't actually want to know something we just don't ask. So we're not making small talk most of the time, so we're not really getting to know anyone. And the only time I'm prompted to make small talk is when I'm in the middle of some sort of transaction.

I'm just hoping to god that a cute girl stands beside me so I can talk to her about the weather. The chances of that are as good as a snowball's chance in hell. It would be nice if a female began a conversation with me.



The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 762

14 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

deleted for stupidity



Last edited by The-Raven on 15 Feb 2012, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 260
Location: Delaware

14 Feb 2012, 2:18 pm

@ WhiteWidow: It also pisses me off when some random girl is already taken, has kids, or both. WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS LEAD ME ON THIS WAY? I WANT REVENGE ON THEM FOR IT! AND WHY DOES NEARLY EVERYONE I KNOW HAVE TO BE IN RELATIONSHIPS WHEN I NEED IT MORE THAN THEY DO? DO I HAVE TO KILL THEM FOR IT? DO I HAVE TO ELIMINATE ALL COMPETITION?



myth
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 707

14 Feb 2012, 2:25 pm

I dislike valentines day and have never recieved anything for it even though I've been in relationships for the last 7+ years without breaks.

I dislike the concept of gifts borne from obligation. I don't like gifts on my birthday or Christmas either. If you want to buy me a gift, do it. Don't do it because its a special day and you're "supposed to." I love gifts. I just don't like to give or recieve them on a designated day because that is what is expected of you. That makes the gift invalid, in my opinion, since it isn't representative of any genuine desire to give me a gift. If it were, why would they wait until valentine's day to give it? Why not as soon as they saw some object they wanted to give me? On the contrary, its not like you are outlawed from giving me a gift on V-day if you happened to see something that day that you wanted to get me. It's just like any other day. "Can't get a gift" is the same amount of obligation as "Have to get a gift" so both are invalid.

I dislike traditions in general for very similar reasons.


I plan to go home to my husband tonight, eat dinner, maybe take a nap and then hopefully do a WoW raid. Just like any other Tuesday.
However, I will probably go out tomorrow and try to score some discount candy. Because, why not?


_________________
Non-NT something. Married to a diagnosed aspie.

Nothing is absolute.


CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,177

14 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

I had no idea that today is Valentine's Day until I saw the VD*-related threads. It's impossible to hate something when you care so little that you're not even aware of it.

*I just realized that "VD" is the abbreviation of both Valentine's Day and Venereal Disease. Coincidence? :scratch:



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

14 Feb 2012, 2:31 pm

CrazyCatLord wrote:
*I just realized that "VD" is the abbreviation of both Valentine's Day and Venereal Disease. Coincidence? :scratch:


Your Valentine might give you VD on VD. ;)



Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,500
Location: Lancashire, UK

14 Feb 2012, 2:32 pm

The-Raven wrote:
Well Ive had the best valentines day ever!

I got home to find on my door mat, a beautiful card and a gift set of my favourite perfume and body wash.

Im very pleased and happy :D :D :D


I'm glad to hear that someone has put a smile on your face. Do you know who might be responsible for that?



OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,897
Location: About 50 miles past the middle of nowhere

14 Feb 2012, 2:47 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
@ WhiteWidow: It also pisses me off when some random girl is already taken, has kids, or both. WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS LEAD ME ON THIS WAY? I WANT REVENGE ON THEM FOR IT! AND WHY DOES NEARLY EVERYONE I KNOW HAVE TO BE IN RELATIONSHIPS WHEN I NEED IT MORE THAN THEY DO? DO I HAVE TO KILL THEM FOR IT? DO I HAVE TO ELIMINATE ALL COMPETITION?


WTF dude???? You want to kill people and get revenge on them for having a relationship??? You want to get revenge on me and my husband for being married 25 years and having kids? You want revenge on my 18 yo daughter because she's engaged? You can trust me on this one, with that kind of attitude you won't find anybody to be in any relationship with except eventually a cellie if you end up losing it and actually hurting people for no reason except that they are happier than you.

How do women lead you on? By being in public when they have a relationship, or aren't interested in having one with you?

Seriously, get some therapy.


_________________
I'm giving it another shot. We will see.
My forum is still there and everyone is welcome to come join as well. There is a private women only subforum there if anyone is interested. Also, there is no CAPTCHA. ;-)

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com


WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Dec 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 664
Location: Here

14 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

I just made small talk today with a woman in line at the shoppers drug mart. She was probably 28 but she was extremely attractive. I said something about how she was eyeing the sweets and we made a couple jokes. Her body stayed positioned as if she wanted to carry on the conversation, but I didn't want to. Not because I didn't want to go on a VD date. That would be awesome. But I assumed she probably was 28. How could I manage that hypothetically? Yeah I can't pick you up b/c I don't have a car and sleep on my futon/bed and I'm unemployed.

Like... yeah that'd work out real well...



The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 762

14 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

Tequila wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
Well Ive had the best valentines day ever!

I got home to find on my door mat, a beautiful card and a gift set of my favourite perfume and body wash.

Im very pleased and happy :D :D :D


I'm glad to hear that someone has put a smile on your face. Do you know who might be responsible for that?

lol yes, its from my mad, bad ex boyfriend. This week he is feeling fond of me and like being a father lol

I was very touched and pleased and have been very happy all afternoon.