What is your weight range in dating?

Page 6 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

Where did they get that pic of me for the US shot? :lol: :(

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:06 am

Oh stop! That actually does look like someone I know, definitely not you though.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:12 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Oh stop! That actually does look like someone I know, definitely not you though.

Lol, you're right. I don't wear sweat pants in public. However, I did look like that at one point in time. I'm a little smaller now and I would like to be as small as that European chick in the other shot. Even if I did, I don't think I'd let my thong show like that. :lol:

myth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:16 am

Imo, all those people who freak out about beauty models being unrealistic need to chill out. There's nothing wrong with enjoying an ideal (though possibly unattainable for most of us) body. It's when someone is so obsessed with that ideal that they can't find normal people attractive or they subject themselves to thousands of surgeries trying to achieve it themselves is when there's a problem. And the problem lies with the obsessed person, not the beautiful person or the person who took/photoshopped the picture. Pretty ladies sell magazines and clothes, it's a fact of human nature.

Nothing is absolute.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:16 am

Erisad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Lol, you're right. I don't wear sweat pants in public. However, I did look like that at one point in time. I'm a little smaller now and I would like to be as small as that European chick in the other shot. Even if I did, I don't think I'd let my thong show like that. :lol:

Yeah, it looked a bit try-hard didn't it.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:40 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Erisad wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:

Yeah, it looked a bit try-hard didn't it.

Yeah, it's as if the outfit was designed to not cover her body. Leaving a bit to the imagination is much sexier, in my opinion. :P

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:44 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
I think the point being made is that unrealistic expectations are unfair because they are based on unrealistic photos and they are unfair to people with genes that aren't conventionally desirable to the media or give the wrong impression to the younger generation, attraction in itself is subjective and based on preference. However the media will dictate what is conventionally attractive and most of the time, that is shown in an unrealistic airbrushed and edited photograph or presentation.

Oh, I agree the media goes to far. Here in the US though I seem to notice is that the reaction is getting closer to 'why try' and further letting themselves go. Then again though I don't fully get the sense that 'good' figures are as unnatural as they are unnatural relative to our culture's serving sizes and social habits.

This is a bit of a farce and more for humor than anything but I think it does have a grain of truth:

from my experience in europe so far the comparison is more like this

just as many overweight here than there.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:47 am

Are those both Hugh Laurie XD

Nothing is absolute.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:52 am

Erisad wrote:
Yeah, it's as if the outfit was designed to not cover her body. Leaving a bit to the imagination is much sexier, in my opinion. :P

I might get shot for saying this but a) I think she's compensating for not having much of a face, b) When I see a girl hanging the pants down hoochie-style its barely differentiable from a guy with a scull-cap and a toy gun in his pocket hanging the top of his pants below his junk - trashy either way.

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 21 Feb 2012, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:53 am

myth wrote:
Are those both Hugh Laurie XD

yea, its the point of the picture. One side claiming superiority when in reality its the same for both.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:07 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I might get shot for saying this but a) I think she's compensating for not having much of a face, b) When I see a girl hanging the pants down hoochie-style its barely differentiable from a guy with a scull-cap and a toy gun in his pocket hanging the top of his pants below his junk - trashy either way.

I actually agree. Some guys compensate for a less desirable trait by having a nice car or dressing tough or something. Women do the same thing, albeit in different ways.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:08 pm

Anything between thin (not anorexic) and Adele (The Singer) but there are more important factors I would consider.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The stupidity some men portray when trying to tell apart false beauty and real beauty is the reason so many women exploit it.

I'll give you an example.

I know a girl who really abused fake tan. It wasn't the orange colour of snooki, but it was obviously fake tan.

She said something about fake tan one day at work and a guy pipes up "Don't use fake tan, you'll go orange" - little did he know she never leaves the house without it anyway.

Some men seem to think women get out of bed with a full face of make up, fake tan and done hair. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

*Same thing* can be said about many girls, hale_bopp when it comes to the muscular and six-packed guys that most of your gender drool over.

Most young girls think that most of those guys are sporty, athletic and *healthy* (LOOOL). When I got involved in the gym stuff I've starting to discover how wrong they are.

Their "athleticism" and their "healthiness" are all about consuming crazy amounts of concentrated animal proteins. The bulkier ones (originally "fat") tend to consume fat-burner crappy stuff + concentrated proteins while the slender types (those with fast metabolism and were originally 'thin') follow unhealthy crazy diets (=crazy amount of protein-rich food).

Like 70% of the "Strong" guys I know in the gym have gallbladder-issues, gallstones and/or other food-related health issues, I witness those guys often have females fans (very obvious fan-behaviors), probably that's why a lot of guys keep following this slow-suicidal behavior.

The male-fitness world is a messed one.

it's true that women also fall for the illusions. we look at pictures of men and women in the media and assume they are accurate or true, and really they aren't.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:36 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hahaha i was trying so hard not to say anything. i didn't notice the size of her head, but i DID notice the photoshopped waistline (hint: look at the uneven horizon line and the broken waves behind her). sorry Wolfheart, her figure doesn't exist (at least, not on her).

Hate to burst the heart-warming morality lesson but I think that's beach sand behind her waist.

the horizon line still isn't straight, whether it's water or sand. you can compare her candid pictures to see what was altered too.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:39 pm

myth wrote:
Imo, all those people who freak out about beauty models being unrealistic need to chill out. There's nothing wrong with enjoying an ideal (though possibly unattainable for most of us) body. It's when someone is so obsessed with that ideal that they can't find normal people attractive or they subject themselves to thousands of surgeries trying to achieve it themselves is when there's a problem. And the problem lies with the obsessed person, not the beautiful person or the person who took/photoshopped the picture. Pretty ladies sell magazines and clothes, it's a fact of human nature.

i think there is something wrong with enjoying an ideal, because no person in real life will ever be quite good enough.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:42 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The stupidity some men portray when trying to tell apart false beauty and real beauty is the reason so many women exploit it.

I'll give you an example.

I know a girl who really abused fake tan. It wasn't the orange colour of snooki, but it was obviously fake tan.

She said something about fake tan one day at work and a guy pipes up "Don't use fake tan, you'll go orange" - little did he know she never leaves the house without it anyway.

Some men seem to think women get out of bed with a full face of make up, fake tan and done hair. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

*Same thing* can be said about many girls, hale_bopp when it comes to the muscular and six-packed guys that most of your gender drool over.

Most young girls think that most of those guys are sporty, athletic and *healthy* (LOOOL). When I got involved in the gym stuff I've starting to discover how wrong they are.

Their "athleticism" and their "healthiness" are all about consuming crazy amounts of concentrated animal proteins. The bulkier ones (originally "fat") tend to consume fat-burner crappy stuff + concentrated proteins while the slender types (those with fast metabolism and were originally 'thin') follow unhealthy crazy diets (=crazy amount of protein-rich food).

Like 70% of the "Strong" guys I know in the gym have gallbladder-issues, gallstones and/or other food-related health issues, I witness those guys often have females fans (very obvious fan-behaviors), probably that's why a lot of guys keep following this slow-suicidal behavior.

The male-fitness world is a messed one.

it's true that women also fall for the illusions. we look at pictures of men and women in the media and assume they are accurate or true, and really they aren't.

That's what hale_bopp isn't getting (and the tan is also a "part" of the body btw and it can't be removed at any time).

Do you recall your shrimp argument? Those guys do fool girls by projecting themselves as 'healthy' and 'strong' (I am not just talking about the media, but about real life) but a lot of them have miserable heath and not even as strong as they appear.

I am not in the "blaming the media" camp btw, it's a matter of supply and demand, the media is just giving what most people want.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 21 Feb 2012, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.