What is your weight range in dating?

Page 8 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Trigas wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
it's comparable because it's an example of having a visceral response to something that is not an ideal in any way, shape or form. it's possible to notice something and even have a reaction to it, yet not have a preference for such a thing. many things are not ideal yet we are drawn to look at them or even feel a physical response.

:facepalm:

Girls, please tell her that watching six-packs on a men is not the same as watching monkey humping.

Hyperlexian, so you think it's the same for the big boobs?

I think we'd have to see the boobs in question to know for sure if this theory was correct

What hyperlexian is trying to say that women's reactions to six-packs is merely subconscious; similar to the reactions while watching monkey sex.

That's not true, women's reactions to six-packs isn't just subconscious, a lot of them do admit and express how much they like them.

some do and some don't. and some have visceral reactions to it yet it is NOT their ideal OR their preference (2 different things). in my opinion, you're stuck on thinking that women are lying and you want to manipulate these examples in any way you can in order to "prove" that.

also, some men like big boobs, and other men like small boobs. but some men may react to boobs that are neither their ideal nor their preference.

You're probably one of the very fiew who gets visceral reaction to six-packs. But most women either consciously hate it or love it.

Here some anecdotal evidence: http://www.sixpackabsexercises.com/blog ... ard-abs/46 ; as you can see by the comments there, most women (there, on the site) are aware that they like abs.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

One of the links that hyperlexian posted herself also suggested that women enjoy a 6-pack on guys.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:35 pm

some women do like them... maybe it could even be many. or most. but it's not all (in fact most women on here do NOT like them, so there is anecdotal evidence to the contrary). nobody is denying that there are females who like 6-packs

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

Quote:
in fact most women on here do NOT like them,

Based on what you're saying that? Are you sure of that?

Besides, I don't only take into account replies in "do you like abs or not" threads; but also the comments I see on FB ;); these are less conscious and tell more truth.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Besides, I don't only take into account replies "do you like abs or not" threads; but also the comments I see on FB ;); these are less conscious and tell more truth.

if you want to use anecdotal evidence, you can't discount other anecdotal information just because it disagrees with your perspective. i'd argue that people have different reasons to be honest on here, and they have anonymity which they don't have on FB. people may be more or less honest in either place.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Besides, I don't only take into account replies "do you like abs or not" threads; but also the comments I see on FB ;); these are less conscious and tell more truth.

if you want to use anecdotal evidence, you can't discount other anecdotal information just because it disagrees with your perspective. i'd argue that people have different reasons to be honest on here, and they have anonymity which they don't have on FB. people may be more or less honest in either place.

I think FB tell more truth because they're not being on Abs-related topics, also the reactions in non-abs thread tell more truth than dedicated abs threads.

People often tend to try not to appear 'shallow'.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

I think FB tell more truth because they're not being on Abs-related topics, also the reactions in non-abs thread tell more truth than dedicated abs threads.

i'd be more likely to be honest here than on FB as it is anonymous. looks like there is no consensus on that.

anyways, this thread is way off topic.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

i'd be more likely to be honest here than on FB as it is anonymous. looks like there is no consensus on that.

anyways, this thread is way off topic.

it's not a matter of anonymity.

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2012, 7:24 pm

Man or woman, I want them to be over 6 feet tall and either skinnier than me (I'm 135 pounds) or a bit chubby.
And no washboard abs. It looks gross.
I'd definitely be inclined to go outside the box for their personality, but I draw the line at obesity.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm

I don't have a specific range. I don't tend to be attracted to people who are morbidly obese. I'm more concerned with whether the person allows their weight to interfere with their life than their weight in pounds. I like slender guys, but I prefer thicker girls over super-skinny girls.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

Dent wrote:
Man or woman, I want them to be over 6 feet tall and either skinnier than me (I'm 135 pounds) or a bit chubby.

That's unhealthy.

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 22 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:24 pm

6 packs look a bit weird.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I don't like them, either.

to his Interest."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Especially if they look like a 6 pack of beer like mine 8O

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 9:29 pm

Well, it's pretty safe to say this thread pretty much went off the rails :? To address the OP's question, I know I probably do have a preference for weight, but I can't (or choose not to) give an exact weight preference, as I don't think it should matter so long as the other person has a really good personality.

Catman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2012, 1:22 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I don't really like any smaller than 200 pounds.. just over 90kgs.

Slender guys just don't do it for me.

Dangit! Now I'll seriously have to reconsider going on that diet I had planned! :D

EQ, SQ: 21, 67 (Extreme Systemizing); HSP: 12