What is your weight range in dating?

Page 7 of 14 [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 5:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
wait, i think i get what you're saying, but having an ideal is not the same thing as having a visceral reaction to a picture.

If it's a positive reaction like smiling/lip-biting/oogling then yes, this is a reaction toward something sexually ideal.

noooooo. people apparently often have physical reactions to watching monkeys doing sexual acts. that reaction does not mean they want to have sex with monkeys or that monkeys are ideal.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 6:34 pm

MXH wrote:
from my experience in europe so far the comparison is more like this

just as many overweight here than there.

LMAO.. I LOVE George!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 6:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
The stupidity some men portray when trying to tell apart false beauty and real beauty is the reason so many women exploit it.

I'll give you an example.

I know a girl who really abused fake tan. It wasn't the orange colour of snooki, but it was obviously fake tan.

She said something about fake tan one day at work and a guy pipes up "Don't use fake tan, you'll go orange" - little did he know she never leaves the house without it anyway.

Some men seem to think women get out of bed with a full face of make up, fake tan and done hair. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

*Same thing* can be said about many girls, hale_bopp when it comes to the muscular and six-packed guys that most of your gender drool over.

Most young girls think that most of those guys are sporty, athletic and *healthy* (LOOOL). When I got involved in the gym stuff I've starting to discover how wrong they are.

Their "athleticism" and their "healthiness" are all about consuming crazy amounts of concentrated animal proteins. The bulkier ones (originally "fat") tend to consume fat-burner crappy stuff + concentrated proteins while the slender types (those with fast metabolism and were originally 'thin') follow unhealthy crazy diets (=crazy amount of protein-rich food).

Like 70% of the "Strong" guys I know in the gym have gallbladder-issues, gallstones and/or other food-related health issues, I witness those guys often have females fans (very obvious fan-behaviors), probably that's why a lot of guys keep following this slow-suicidal behavior.

The male-fitness world is a messed one.

it's true that women also fall for the illusions. we look at pictures of men and women in the media and assume they are accurate or true, and really they aren't.

That's what hale_bopp isn't getting (and the tan is also a "part" of the body btw and it can't be removed at any time).

Do you recall your shrimp argument? Those guys do fool girls by projecting themselves as 'healthy' and 'strong' (I am not just talking about the media, but about real life) but a lot of them have miserable heath and not even as strong as they appear.

I am not in the "blaming the media" camp btw, it's a matter of supply and demand, the media is just giving what most people want.

Boo, tan washes off after 3 or so days - you have to keep applying it. (Unless it's a sunbed tan.. but that isn't attractive anyway as you look like a piece of leather)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
wait, i think i get what you're saying, but having an ideal is not the same thing as having a visceral reaction to a picture.

If it's a positive reaction like smiling/lip-biting/oogling then yes, this is a reaction toward something sexually ideal.

noooooo. people apparently often have physical reactions to watching monkeys doing sexual acts. that reaction does not mean they want to have sex with monkeys or that monkeys are ideal.

lol hyperlexian..... I don't think the two scenarios are even comparable. People would often laugh, smile in amusement way while watching monkeys doing sexual acts. It's not the same with the six packs scenario.

Believe me, when they do that == then it's a physical ideal. A fantasy.

So any future partner without that feature is a compromise somehow.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 6:52 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

lol hyperlexian..... I don't think the two scenarios are even comparable. People would often laugh, smile in amusement way while watching monkeys doing sexual acts. It's not the same with the six packs scenario.

no, i mean that they have actual sexual responses to it. their genitals become aroused. researchers have studied this. so it is the same, really.

AliTatt
Raven
Raven

22 Feb 2012, 6:37 am

I have a preference for guys that are less than "fluffy" as my friends put notably overweight folks xD

Your Aspie score: 158 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 7:17 am

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

no, i mean that they have actual sexual responses to it. their genitals become aroused. researchers have studied this. so it is the same, really.

they get around probably they recall human sexual acts.

But the two things are NOT comparable. I can't see how you they are even comparable.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

it's comparable because it's an example of having a visceral response to something that is not an ideal in any way, shape or form. it's possible to notice something and even have a reaction to it, yet not have a preference for such a thing. many things are not ideal yet we are drawn to look at them or even feel a physical response.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
it's comparable because it's an example of having a visceral response to something that is not an ideal in any way, shape or form. it's possible to notice something and even have a reaction to it, yet not have a preference for such a thing. many things are not ideal yet we are drawn to look at them or even feel a physical response.

:facepalm:

Girls, please tell her that watching six-packs on a men is not the same as watching monkey humping.

Hyperlexian, so you think it's the same for the big boobs?

mv
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Girls, please tell her that watching six-packs on a men is not the same as watching monkey humping.

I know exactly what hyperlexian means, and I agree with her. One can have subconscious, visceral reactions to things that would ordinarily disgust one. Not just sex, but violence, etc. We are animals. We are sophisticated animals, but we are animals, nonetheless.

Why do you think we sometimes dream inappropriate things? Why do we entertain vivid fantasies that have no basis or conclusion in reality?

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think we'd have to see the boobs in question to know for sure if this theory was correct

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

mv wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I know exactly what hyperlexian means, and I agree with her. One can have subconscious, visceral reactions to things that would ordinarily disgust one. Not just sex, but violence, etc. We are animals. We are sophisticated animals, but we are animals, nonetheless.

Why do you think we sometimes dream inappropriate things? Why do we entertain vivid fantasies that have no basis or conclusion in reality?

and how that has anything to do with the six-packs?

Six-packs is something popularly adored, liked by a good portion of women?

Monkey sex is not adored by most people; even if it might unconsciously trigger some HUMAN sexual thoughts.

Big difference.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:06 pm

Trigas wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think we'd have to see the boobs in question to know for sure if this theory was correct

What hyperlexian is trying to say that women's reactions to six-packs is merely subconscious; similar to the reactions while watching monkey sex.

That's not true, women's reactions to six-packs isn't just subconscious, a lot of them do admit and express how much they like them.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
mv wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

and how that has anything to do with the six-packs?

Six-packs is something popularly adored, liked by a good portion of women?

Monkey sex is not adored by most people; even if it might unconsciously trigger some HUMAN sexual thoughts.

Big difference.

no, it's identical. a visceral reaction that does not reflect our actual preferences. just like i may salivate when seeing hot cooked shrimp, yet i do not like shrimp at all.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Trigas wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

What hyperlexian is trying to say that women's reactions to six-packs is merely subconscious; similar to the reactions while watching monkey sex.

That's not true, women's reactions to six-packs isn't just subconscious, a lot of them do admit and express how much they like them.

some do and some don't. and some have visceral reactions to it yet it is NOT their ideal OR their preference (2 different things). in my opinion, you're stuck on thinking that women are lying and you want to manipulate these examples in any way you can in order to "prove" that.

also, some men like big boobs, and other men like small boobs. but some men may react to boobs that are neither their ideal nor their preference.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Trigas wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

some do and some don't. and some have visceral reactions to it yet it is NOT their ideal OR their preference (2 different things). in my opinion, you're stuck on thinking that women are lying and you want to manipulate these examples in any way you can in order to "prove" that.

also, some men like big boobs, and other men like small boobs. but some men may react to boobs that are neither their ideal nor their preference.

You're probably one of the very fiew who gets visceral reaction to six-packs. But most women either consciously hate it or love it.

Here some anecdotal evidence: http://www.sixpackabsexercises.com/blog ... ard-abs/46 ; as you can see by the comments there, most women (there, on the site) are aware that they like abs.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 22 Feb 2012, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.