Page 2 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Aren't you people taking my evil eye too seriously?

^ I was just thinking the exact same thing lol

and the nazguls didn't show up yet!

Hey, Boo, let's make it our job to keep 'em from showing up! How does that sound? :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

Erisad wrote:
I am also in a great relationship, we just hit the 7 month mark yesterday. I met him via my friend, she was getting married and I was her maid of honor. So she's like, "Hmmm...find a date for yooooou." So he messaged me on Facebook (he later told me it took him weeks to build up the courage to write me a message, he was afraid I'd reject him or say mean things, aww) Ultimately, he couldn't make the actual wedding due to a prior engagement (his sister's memorial service for her first child that had died a year before) but we met two days after the wedding. We went to McDonald's, walked around the mall, played videogames in my basement, where we shared our first kiss. His parents seem to like me enough, I've only talked to them a handful of times, I have yet to meet his sister and baby niece, which I think will happen during my visit next month. I can't tell if my mom likes him or not. She says that he's a wuss and a baby because he has irritable bowels, is a bit of a picky eater and takes naps whenever possible. He's a paralegal, he works long hours so yeah, a nap is warranted sometimes. Either way, I'm really happy for a change and I hope we can go the distance. :)

Your mother sounds toxic and ignorant. How does it make someone a wuss because they have a bowel problem? Does it make someone a wuss if they have a blood pressure problem?

That aside, I think the rest is great. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:17 pm

AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Hey, Boo, let's make it our job to keep 'em from showing up! How does that sound? :P

Me? A good-doer?! No waaayyyy.

Um....it's tempting tho.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:19 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I am also in a great relationship, we just hit the 7 month mark yesterday. I met him via my friend, she was getting married and I was her maid of honor. So she's like, "Hmmm...find a date for yooooou." So he messaged me on Facebook (he later told me it took him weeks to build up the courage to write me a message, he was afraid I'd reject him or say mean things, aww) Ultimately, he couldn't make the actual wedding due to a prior engagement (his sister's memorial service for her first child that had died a year before) but we met two days after the wedding. We went to McDonald's, walked around the mall, played videogames in my basement, where we shared our first kiss. His parents seem to like me enough, I've only talked to them a handful of times, I have yet to meet his sister and baby niece, which I think will happen during my visit next month. I can't tell if my mom likes him or not. She says that he's a wuss and a baby because he has irritable bowels, is a bit of a picky eater and takes naps whenever possible. He's a paralegal, he works long hours so yeah, a nap is warranted sometimes. Either way, I'm really happy for a change and I hope we can go the distance. :)

Your mother sounds toxic and ignorant. How does it make someone a wuss because they have a bowel problem? Does it make someone a wuss if they have a blood pressure problem?

That aside, I think the rest is great. :D

And he also gets sick in 3D movies. *shrug* I don't think that helps his case either. I don't know. She's just really judgmental of men in general. I asked her if she approves of him and she says he's, "On probation until he can prove that he will treat me right and take care of me." I told him not to worry about it as she'll never be satisfied unless I was dating Jesus Christ himself and even then she'd get in his case for dying on the cross and leaving me alone. :lol:

Thanks. I think it's been lovely too. We have had some disagreements but we worked through them. Hooray! :)

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 5:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Me? A good-doer?! No waaayyyy.

Um....it's tempting tho.

Ah, come on, I know you'd love to see the sight of a nazgul nearing it's death ;)

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:35 pm

I had my first kiss! Well, actually my first two kisses :)
*feels happy*

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

ebec11 wrote:
*feels happy*

Awww, how sweet. I had my first kiss when I was 19 too. The relationship that stemmed from it didn't last but I always look fondly on that night and I hope you do too. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

ebec11 wrote:
*feels happy*

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 2:29 am

Pics or it didn't happen.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:24 am

I married a fellow WP member over the summer. We just celebrated six months of marriage recently. I packed up and move countries for him. It hasn't been without difficulty because of adjusting to a new country, but it's definitely been worth it every step of the way. It's so nice being with someone who understands and accepts my challenges. Our strengths and weaknesses often compliment each other. We always joke that together we actually make one functional human being. :lol:

I'm not big into crowds or super social events. It's nice doing quieter things like playing board games at home, taking walks through historical places, and visiting museums. We have common interests and common goals. Yet, we also have our own interests to love and give each other space. It's a nice balance.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 9:38 am

^ Congrats! Your story is similar to mine in that I moved countries for a fellow WP member :)
90% of the time I'm happy with my marriage although it does have its large flaws.

Nothing is absolute.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 12:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Just like I can give you the evil eye without a picture and it not exist? ;)
I know you're kidding though :)

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 2:37 pm

ebec11 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

:lmao: :lmao:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:07 pm

ebec11 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

You sure?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:08 pm

abaisse wrote:
I married a fellow WP member over the summer. We just celebrated six months of marriage recently. I packed up and move countries for him. It hasn't been without difficulty because of adjusting to a new country, but it's definitely been worth it every step of the way. It's so nice being with someone who understands and accepts my challenges. Our strengths and weaknesses often compliment each other. We always joke that together we actually make one functional human being. :lol:

I'm not big into crowds or super social events. It's nice doing quieter things like playing board games at home, taking walks through historical places, and visiting museums. We have common interests and common goals. Yet, we also have our own interests to love and give each other space. It's a nice balance.

You didn't tell HOW you two met ;).

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

Awww some of these stories are so sweet. :heart: