Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Quarky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Mar 2012, 3:55 pm

I really cannot flirt in a typical way. I can flirt with an intellectual NT, making little remarks about philosophy or physics, or art or something of that nature, but how does one go about flirting with a person who's not particularly interested in those things? Is there a certain "Aspie way" to flirt? And has anyone figured out how? And also, how can aspies flirt with one another?

Ddddd
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2012, 4:07 pm

I tried flirting but the other person told me afterwards she never knew I was interested.... :lol:

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:13 pm

Quarky wrote:
And also, how can aspies flirt with one another?

Badly

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

morslilleole
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

Ddddd wrote:
I tried flirting but the other person told me afterwards she never knew I was interested.... :lol:

That has happened to me too =D

I don't really know how I would flirt with someone. I just say whatever falls into my head. Sometimes it's flirty without me realizing it. Sometimes it's not flirty whtn I think it is flirty. I usually just try to say something clever, with varying success. =P

psychegots
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

When I flirted with the woman that is now my wife I wrote in a text message (we mostly communicated in writing in the beginning)

"I have never kissed anyone before" and I got back "I would not mind kissing you..."

It got the job done lol.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 4:18 pm

I can flirt pretty well since im bigender and can think like a girl it helps when flirting with the opposite sex :wink:

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 5:56 pm

No idea but somehow I told someone once I liked her friend but she said her friend already knew.

Gee...thanks for not letting me know before....may as well tell me straight away if she isn't interested. (not to you, to that girl)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
No idea but somehow I told someone once I liked her friend but she said her friend already knew.

Gee...thanks for not letting me know before....may as well tell me straight away if she isn't interested. (not to you, to that girl)

Some girls can just tell if a guy is interested in them by reading their body language the key is to beating this is to keep them in the dark about your true intentions keep them guessing it works trust me.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 6:22 pm

Joker wrote:

Some girls can just tell if a guy is interested in them by reading their body language the key is to beating this is to keep them in the dark about your true intentions keep them guessing it works trust me.

I technically don't see her much (saw her profile more on Facebook more then anything), I think her friend said that to tell me she would never be interested...which is pretty sad.

I usually do, and I am not bothered by relationships anyhow...I can tell when a woman has good or bad intentions by a mile away due to growing up in school with a bunch of strange female characters. XD

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Joker wrote:

I technically don't see her much (saw her profile more on Facebook more then anything), I think her friend said that to tell me she would never be interested...which is pretty sad.

I usually do, and I am not bothered by relationships anyhow...I can tell when a woman has good or bad intentions by a mile away due to growing up in school with a bunch of strange female characters. XD

I can to and if she will never be interested in you then she is missing a good thing as a aspie I know that we offer something diffrent that most NTs will not have and that is our strong sense of loyalty.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

Flirting is just friendliness. There's no trick to it, it's just a simple trick. Be friendly and playful. Smile a lot, lots of eye contact. Practice a cheeky smile in the mirror. It's ALL in the eyes and cheeky smile. The words barely matter. You possibly have to genuinely like them. Only way I got anywhere with girls was by liking them. People love being liked.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 2:23 am

By equally noticing eachothers similar awkward quirks and being silent and kinda giggling and showing a little more eye contact then looking away followed by more eye contact. And showing interests in each-others similar interests.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 6:59 am

Looking at them and hoping they are braver than I am. :lol:

Seriously, I don't flirt. I just tell them what I think of them and they usually appreciate my honesty.

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 1:15 pm

Ddddd wrote:

a common problem of mine

falonsayswoah
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Mar 2012, 2:44 am

I don't know if I have Asperger's, but my goodness, I am extremely awkward. One time a girl was over, and she knew I liked her. Well, we were just on my bed and she put her hand on my leg and I blurted out, "Hello, welcome to my leg." She giggled and smiled at me. So. I think it was a good thing. Anyway. The point of this is that some people seem to like my awkwardness, I guess? A few people have told me that it's cute (I don't see how, but, you know.. whatever works I guess). So... I think just... Learn to work with what you've got. I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to flirting in person. Seriously. No clue. So I usually avoid it if I can. Over text message I can usually figure out something charming to say (after several minutes of careful consideration of how to phrase one sentence). Other than that, I really don't know.

Diagnosis: Major Depressive Affective Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Mild PTSD, Agoraphobia with Panic Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder of childhood with hyperactivity (more inattentive, though), Mild OCD, Social Phobia, Tourette's Syndrome

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2012, 3:09 am

Giggle. A lot. Twirl your hair. If you know something, anything, pretend not to.
Repeat.

to his Interest."