Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bloom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2012, 11:40 pm

It went well, considering.

He was another medical professional, so I figured we'd have something to talk about. I actively worked on not noticing things that I would ordinarily notice that might typically bother me. :P Like... his silverware hitting the plate! Totally ignored it. Mostly. Well... halfway. Some of it. OKAYSOIALMOSTFLIPPEDOUTANDFORCEDHIMTOLEARNTOUSECHOPSTICKSSHEESHPEOPLE. >.> I was very delicate in my chopstick education, though, and we did get to "hold hands" a bit, and that was nice... until I realised what we were doing, and I got all awkward :P ha!

Then he asked the dreaded question... you know, that one question you hope your date, or the person at the party doesn't ask? Yeah... about your obsession... the ONE question that's going to trigger the hypermouth: he asked about my research. I got... wide-eyed. I thought to myself, "Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it." HA! I proceeded to stuff my mouth with sushi >.>

So, I guess he took the "cue" and said, "So I hear you're presenting at grand rounds tomorrow." Gnaaaah.... More research talk. So finally the dam broke, I even got into some equations (which, actually, made the waiter stare at us for a moment before walking away), and he didn't balk! :D

I think my only real problem with the date was me feeling like I need to "pretend" to be "normal." I place a lot of pressure on myself to look as good as possible, to hold things together as well as possible, and to keep everything in check. I get home and I'm *exhausted*.

Anyway, we didn't really make plans for another "date", though he is coming to my presentation tomorrow. My vacation has started (yes, I'm one of those science geeks that signs up for this type of thing and calls it "vacation"). He said, "Maybe we can grab a bite after grand rounds?" I think... he's not meaning at Panda Express.

I've never actually been able to talk about my experiences this openly before now. It's kinda weird having a community full of people kinda like me, or that can at least relate to some of what I go through. In any event, I thought I'd post.

_Bloom

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

That sounds awesome! :D
Hope things work out for you.

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 11:47 pm

Yaaay!! ! :D I'm so happy for you! That sounds wonderful!

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2012, 12:11 am

Definitely better then any day I've ever been on :lol:

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Apr 2012, 12:21 am

Sure as hell beats any of the dates I've been on.

DeadalusRex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2012, 12:29 am

"Then he asked the dreaded question... you know, that one question you hope your date, or the person at the party doesn't ask? Yeah... about your obsession... the ONE question that's going to trigger the hypermouth"

Yup.. been there. That's an awkward one in'it? :wink:

ghostar
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2012, 6:43 am

Bloom this is fantastic!

I know that I absolutely LOVE it when I find another engineer as geeky as I am to date. It is so liberating to get all technical with someone else without them getting that glazed-over look that people get when not only do they not understand what you are saying, but they do not even care to try and understand. This one of yours sounds smart for sure.

Good for you!! ! :D