Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ever gone into a huge feeling of shock, just because someone liked you that much?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

AWESOMENESSFTW4444
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Apr 2012, 12:29 am

The new relationship is fine, I just feel... Wow... This really happened... :oops:
(Sorry for any possible rambling, but I just had to write all my thoughts down somewhere.)

I recently got into a relationship. It just started on April 7th (remembered the date because a fun event that is important to both of us happened on that day-An anime convention.) We've known each other for about a year now, but I confessed that I liked her back in November. She said she would think about whether she wants to start dating me or not, but we kinda stopped talking to each other for a while. She lives in a different town, about an hour away from me, so this really allowed me to forget that I even confessed to her in the first place.

But on the first day of the anime convention, I remembered that I had confessed to her as she only had an hour left before she would have to go home for the night. My mind told me that I should make a decision fast, so that's what I attemped to do. If I confessed to her back in November, it would be wrong to just "leave this person hangin'." So I pretty much wasted the whole hour, spacing out over whether I liked her or not and going through my own memories with her. Then a friend of her's got off the phone and said that her mom would pick them up in 10 minutes, that's when my mind began to panic. I wasn't sure if I knew yet, but I did know that if I was going to properly start a relationship with someone, it would have to be done in person. So I quickly pulled her aside and asked her if she decided yet. Her response was quite surprising, she told me that she had honestly thought about it the entire time, since I confessed. She still wanted one more night to think, but I knew that I had very good odds of getting into a relationship from her thinking about me, to spending most of the day alone with her, and the way we were practically hugging for the entire walk to her car. And as I knew it, we did start dating the next day. She hugged me right when I found her, telling me that she decided that she wanted to date me.

I'll just say this now, I have had horrible dating experiances in the past. I either got no attention at all, or too much attention without much thought from the people who dated me. After a really bad relationship in October, I just assumed that I was the kind of person that just wasn't meant to be in a relationship with someone.

But I have never met anyone who was just so happy to see me (in that sort of sense.) I don't even know if anyone (aside from my parents) has ever thought about me for more than a few days, and not out of worry. She was also the one person who always stuck by my side after a break up, and never held any negative feelings towards me even if I may have done something horrible to a friend of hers I was dating. We even had a pretty deep conversation about how I have Aspergers, but I have a HUGE desire to be more independent. And she admitted that she admired my attitude.

I don't know if now is the right time to judge that sort of thing, but in all honesty, I feel like she is the best person I have gotten into a relationship with. She's willing to date another girl (yes, I'm a lesbian), she has seen much of my bad side and still really likes me, she doesn't see my disability as some sort of barrier between us, and there's probably many more things I could list.

But right now I'm just shocked. I've been a little shocked for the few weeks that we've been dating, but the entire time she's been... Well... 'perfect'? I don't think I should even be saying such a thing about a new relationship, and considering how young I am (16), but that's how she's been...?
Today has just been a really spacey day all together, the most I can say is just... Wow....

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:39 am

You are young and your standards are high, you will find that nobody is perfect. Enjoy what you have but don't put too much emotional investment into it, remember, yourself comes first and you should really focus on your academic and financial goals at your age.

Don't put faith in others, put faith in yourself.

Inyanook
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2012, 12:48 am

:D

:D :D :D

I'm so happy you're happy.

Wolfheart is right of course.

But I'm so happy you're happy! :D

It was tense.

StevieC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:32 am

i know what you mean...

to explain in non-L&D way, i feel shocked when someone comes to me for advice - or sometimes just to speak etc. i.e. they actually want to speak to me - or they think i'm good at something 8O (i'm good at everything :D - except modesty and irony :D )

joking aside, when i was in my first ever (and as of now also my last) relationship, pretty much the whole time i was thinking "Aw WOW.. Aw WOW... Aw WOW..." etc. i wondered what on earth they saw in me 8O

we would probably have broken up anyway because they had to travel away due to work and i wasn't keen on going to new places alone as u might imagine... anyhoo, what i'm saying is don't take a relationship/another person for granted as i eventually started to do, if you love them each day - friggin tell them each day! there are so many things i regret not doing - like telling them how happy they made me, etc. point is, i FELT all these things, i just didn't SAY them. i regret not saying them.

i'm not saying that you're not doing these things, but all i will say is that after (just coming up for) 2 years after, my heart still physically hurts. that's not a nice feeling. wish you well :)

My RSS feed:
www.steviecandtheplacetobe.net/rss.xml

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 4:26 am

Well, I for one am glad you met someone you feel a connection to. It's really an invigorating feeling, can be hard to get used to but it's like you walk outside into the middle of a post-apocalyptic wasteland, breathe in the fallout-laced air and say "Today is gonna be FRIGGIN AWESOME." Nothing can bring you down.

At any rate, you said you asked this girl at an anime convention? ...smart move. I'll be honest, if you're a nerd or otaku like me and you want to find someone who shares your interests, anime or sci-fi conventions are the way to go. Or if you're a student, see if your school or college has an anime club. Mine does, and I've met both my last ex and my current GF at club events. Nerds of a feather flock together, dig?

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.