Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 6:17 pm

So my GF plays on our schools soccer team. Today she wasnt at school because she badly injured her ankle. Tomorrow if she still doesn't come to school im thinking about buying a flower or similar and just going to her house to cheer her up. Is this a good idea? And if it is should I try to talk to her parents about it or just be completely suprise?

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 6:21 pm

Something like that would bug me just because it takes a lot of effort for me to deal with people and I like to be able to plan ahead.
But that's just me, it really depends on her personality. Do you think she'd like that kind of surprise?

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 6:31 pm

Last time I was there her friend showed up without warning so she wouldn't mind the suprise. Should I try to give somebody there warning? I would only be there a few minutes because I can't drive and my sister wouldn't want to wait too long, so I imagine saying a quick "hi get better" with a small gift would be ok.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

If you get along well with her parents, you might want to tell them you want to come over to cheer her up and you'd like for it to be a surprise, if that was all right. That way you'll know she'll be home, and hopefully if she doesn't like surprises like that her parents will tell you.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

Lucywlf that sounds good. I dont know if she will be at school tomorrow but can find out easily. If she is then she is well and doesn't need to feel better (I'll have some sort of plan b that involves saying things at school or similar) . If not I'll aske her mom (who knows me fairly well and would understand the most) how that sounds. I want her to feel better and also haven't done too much to show affection/romance and think this is a great opertunity.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 11:01 pm

Taybot97 wrote:
Lucywlf that sounds good. I dont know if she will be at school tomorrow but can find out easily. If she is then she is well and doesn't need to feel better (I'll have some sort of plan b that involves saying things at school or similar) . If not I'll aske her mom (who knows me fairly well and would understand the most) how that sounds. I want her to feel better and also haven't done too much to show affection/romance and think this is a great opertunity.

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Very cute.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

DogsWithoutHorses, I'm glad you think it's cute, I hope she does too. Only problem is I think stuff like my relationships isn't everybody's affairs but everybody thinks it is. So I'm afraid to bring this idea up to anybody but her family which seems required but I would have no way of transportation as its too far to walk. So I have to tell my sister but I know she will be annoying about it and she will tell somebody for sure and I'll hear about it from others and want to hide in a hole. Same thing happened when I got my girlfriend first, even if her mom gets me I can't avoid questioning of my location. I'm just not going to do it, flowers are expensive anyway. I hope she is at school tomorrow so I can just awkwardly say "hi" because I don't know what to do with her in social... Still.

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Apr 2012, 10:20 am

Hmmm, sounds like you're complicating things a bit. Does she live in a community where it's acceptable or safe to walk? If so, you could ask somebody to drop you off somewhere your sister or whoever takes you wouldn't question but within walking distance and walk to her house.

It also sounds like you're having second thoughts about doing this. For social things like this, you should be sure you want to do this first; otherwise you're handicapping yourself before you start. You shouldn't feel bad about not going through with it; if you haven't told anyone you will do it there's no obligation to do it at all. It's a nice thought, though, and shows you care about your girlfriend.