Are more women than not willing to date Gastons

Page 1 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Ldub20Owl316
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

Gaston from Beauty and the Beast that is. Basically men who mock the intelligence of others and are inconsiderate, self-centered, condescending, conceited, hypocritical, and egotistical! And are there few women who are as courageous as Belle in rejecting Gaston and his kind? If so, it'd make me hate life even more! It also shows that nice guys do finish last.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 7:34 pm

If you can't beat them, join them! Personally, I have made a commitment to eat several dozen eggs every morning, and I have begun to use antlers in my decorating.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

It sure seems so. And yep it also seems theres not many thatd go to the other.

ThinkTrees
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2012, 7:58 pm

I am repulsed by Gastons...and there are lots of them.

My partner is a sweet Beast, and he is the best person ever.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 7:59 pm

Belle was different. She was one of those girls that DO go for nice guys, albeit one she had to look past the surface exterior; and see the nice guy within. The Beast is a nice AS analogy, actually. A difficult to get to know exterior, masking a nice guy inside. Belle actually was willing to take the effort to get to know him. Few women will do that, going instead for the muscular, arrogant badboy Gaston.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 8:20 pm

Adam82 wrote:
Belle was different. She was one of those girls that DO go for nice guys, albeit one she had to look past the surface exterior; and see the nice guy within. The Beast is a nice AS analogy, actually. A difficult to get to know exterior, masking a nice guy inside. Belle actually was willing to take the effort to get to know him. Few women will do that, going instead for the muscular, arrogant badboy Gaston.

but it still took her the whole movie to get enough of a glimpse to look better into him. If you have watched the humpback of notre dame the girl in that one who is saved countless times by quasi ends up falling for the hot prince guy who was als saved by quasi.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 8:21 pm

I can sort of see this, but at the same time I get frustrated by the ones who go after the beasts as well.

I'm looking for the girls who go after the Westleys. of the world. But I've found none of them ever look quite like Robin Wright.. much to my dismay.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 8:34 pm

MXH wrote:
Adam82 wrote:

but it still took her the whole movie to get enough of a glimpse to look better into him. If you have watched the humpback of notre dame the girl in that one who is saved countless times by quasi ends up falling for the hot prince guy who was als saved by quasi.

Typical women and their friendzone chump, eh? The guy that helps her out, whom she ignores.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 9:25 pm

i think there are tons of good ideas for how to attract people of the opposite sex, and being inconsiderate, self-centered, condescending, conceited, hypocritical, and egotistical is not a good approach for a few reasons. but mainly, a person would turn into a nasty specimen by acting like that. and honestly, if a person really and truly wants to be such a nasty specimen for any reason (including dating), i would suspect they are halfway there already.

seriously, if i couldn't get promoted at work so i started scheming and acting like a gigantic pile of steaming crap, what the heck have i just done? i would have essentially sold my soul and hurt other people for my own gain. that is essentially choosing to become a sociopath for my own benefit and it becomes a lonely road very quickly. sociopaths rarely keep friends, colleagues, romantic partners or family in close contact - most times they ultimately unsuccessful and isolated in every single area of their lives.

contrary to the prevailing belief on this site, women in general do not like men who are like that. they might like a man in spite of him acting like an as*hole, or they may be naive and overlook the nasty qualities. but the majority of women who end up with guys like that eventually bail on them. it's just a matter of time, because nobody really likes to be with a jerk (male OR female).

think about all of the men who you know personally. most of them are probably NOT sociopathic jerks (if you think they are then you are likely having issues with correctly judging people and that is a whole other problem). and yet... these regular non-sociopathic men you are acquainted with will most likely eventually end up in a long term relationship of some kind.

philippepetit

26 Apr 2012, 11:13 pm

pathologically high levels of well-being, disregard for the needs of others, arrogance, etc. are all related to high testosterone levels which are attractive

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 11:24 pm

philippepetit wrote:
pathologically high levels of well-being, disregard for the needs of others, arrogance, etc. are all related to high testosterone levels which are attractive

no.

johansen
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2012, 11:33 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
philippepetit wrote:

no.

i'd blame a lot of it on Hollywood and other forms of propaganda.
Quote:
"sold my soul"

guy's have a saying for this and it is "[when] I quit caring"

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 11:34 pm

Adam82 wrote:
Typical women and their friendzone chump, eh? The guy that helps her out, whom she ignores.

People are not sex dispensers. How would you like it if an ugly girl saved your life and then expected you to date her out of gratitude?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2012, 11:36 pm

johansen wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
philippepetit wrote:

no.

i'd blame a lot of it on Hollywood and other forms of propaganda.
Quote:
"sold my soul"

guy's have a saying for this and it is "[when] I quit caring"

it breaks my heart that people would stop caring. :cry: it's sort of like making a conscious decision to become a sociopath.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 1:11 am

Gaston was supposed to be a good looking guy with nothing else going on.
Are there women that are just looking for that? sure.
Are there men that are just looking for that on the opposite sex? sure as well.

Which number is higher? theres no scientific data that I know of to back either of this up and if I had to base this on my own personal experience Id say both numbers are fairly low but maybe Ive just been avoiding the wrong places.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 1:31 am

Adam82 wrote:

Wait, so you expect that a women has the obligation to date and have sex with a guy just because he's a decent human being to her? Typical "nice guys" thinking that just because they are nice to a women that they are entitled to her body.

That's actually worse than Gaston. At least Gaston didn't have to disguise himself. He was very open about what he was all about.

OP wrote:
And are there few women who are as courageous as Belle in rejecting Gaston and his kind?

To elaborate, most women do reject people like Gaston. And they also reject the "nice guys" that aren't so nice like Adam.