For guys who are having zero replies on okcupid....

Page 26 of 29 [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 1:58 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
I was discussing this topic with my male friend the other day, and how I felt that it is a particular type of female that responds positively to a shirtless pic, so there must be a lot of that type of female around, due to Boo's success.

WRONG.

I explained that before here because I knew some would assume that.

But it's plain wrong, I have been contacted by various and different types of women, half of them them are seeking long term relationships and aren't empty-headed.

In fact, the two hottest prospects are liberal feminists like you and Dogswh :lol: ....well not exactly but one is a geeky journalist who's only into monogamy, the other is .......well, an ultra-feminist who has no problem in FWBs and open relationships. They're far from shallow and empty headed.

Quote:
The females who aren't messaging are the ones who are there for something more serious so they are choosier, they are the ones who might prefer the man to make the first move, etc. etc. There might even be more of them, but you wouldn't know because they aren't making themselves known.

Yeah...riiight

If those are real then they weren't choosing me since 2009 so why I should choose them?

Please, take a look at the screenshots above.

WHERE were they those women? huh?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 25 Jun 2012, 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 2:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
The females who aren't messaging are the ones who are there for something more serious so they are choosier, they are the ones who might prefer the man to make the first move, etc. etc. There might even be more of them, but you wouldn't know because they aren't making themselves known.

Yeah...riiight

If those are real then they weren't choosing me since 2009 so why I choose choose them?

Please, take a look at the screenshots above.

WHERE were they those women? huh?

I'm confused...Like I said, they aren't showing themselves. And they are pickier. Maybe they aren't even on a dating website.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 3:15 am

Interesting how the feminist members try to discredit the method, what's wrong with accepting that a nice body is something that is attractive or eye catching? It's not going to make you shallow.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 3:27 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Interesting how the feminist members try to discredit the method, what's wrong with accepting that a nice body is something that is attractive or eye catching? It's not going to make you shallow.

That doesn't make you shallow at all.
Elevating a nice body over all other factors, does.
Also, who on this thread has identified as a feminist? I don't because the mainstream feminist movement has deep issues with women of color and trans* women. (there are tons of individual feminists that don't, right now rad fems are just ruining it for me)

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:34 am

I am not a feminist.

I also love a nice body, I just don't respond to people on online dating sites who show off their body which I would otherwise have not seen yet if I met them at a bar.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 6:41 am

Quote:
I don't because the mainstream feminist movement has deep issues with women of color and trans* women. (there are tons of individual feminists that don't, right now rad fems are just ruining it for me)

Really? You mean racism? That's new to me...

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:06 am

I was reading this which I found rather interesting and relevant to the thread.

Quote:
Desmond Morris identifies 12 steps which Western couples pass
through on the way to sexual intimacy. Occasionally a step may be
missed out, but they almost always occur in this order:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:11 am

Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

But remember in the first half of those, the major body parts are not usually NAKED. Unless you are at the beach.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:29 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

But remember in the first half of those, the major body parts are not usually NAKED. Unless you are at the beach.

Still women make judgements on what a man is wearing, his body posture, tone of voice, stature and position. A shirtless photo will show confidence if the body language is correct which will be seen as attractive, most body building poses are confident poses also.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 7:38 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Also, who on this thread has identified as a feminist? I don't because the mainstream feminist movement has deep issues with women of color and trans* women. (there are tons of individual feminists that don't, right now rad fems are just ruining it for me)

I think we have identified in several threads that initial attraction and getting a foot in the door is based on image and presentation, a set of images that people assign to certain postures and looks. In a relationship, synergy, empathy and compatibility do matter but when it comes to getting a foot in the door, presentation is the major factor. As boo has stated before, getting a foot in the door is just as important as the other steps, maybe even the most important step as it is the initial step. I don't know why you keep choosing to deny that or why you feel that initial attraction is based on any other factor.

Even if someone is bad at maintaining relationships, if they are good at first impressions and getting a foot in the door, they will still have a better chance of getting short term flings, employment and casual partners.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 6:19 am

Wolfheart wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

I think we have identified in several threads that initial attraction and getting a foot in the door is based on image and presentation, a set of images that people assign to certain postures and looks. In a relationship, synergy, empathy and compatibility do matter but when it comes to getting a foot in the door, presentation is the major factor. As boo has stated before, getting a foot in the door is just as important as the other steps, maybe even the most important step as it is the initial step. I don't know why you keep choosing to deny that or why you feel that initial attraction is based on any other factor.

Even if someone is bad at maintaining relationships, if they are good at first impressions and getting a foot in the door, they will still have a better chance of getting short term flings, employment and casual partners.

100% true, anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 6:32 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

but how a girl determines whether this guy x is attractive or not? The first thing she would do is imagining him naked and see if he's shaggable enough for her.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 8:46 am

Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

It's like a game of chess...but most people don't know how to play that game either. :lol:

- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body (Obtained Bishop and Castle)
- mouth to breast (Obtained Queen)
- hand to genitals (Check)
- genitals to genitals. (CHECKMATE!)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:07 pm

Well I got a reply by a lady whos into nerdy quirky guys and shes a nerd herself. I replied back again hopefully my intellect and overexplanetory behavior along with constant extended vocabulary does not intimidate her I might be a super nerd or too smart. :roll:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

but how a girl determines whether this guy x is attractive or not? The first thing she would do is imagining him naked and see if he's shaggable enough for her.

Really? I thought most girls preferred to think of guys with their clothes ON. This is in contrast to guys thinking about girls because we all know one is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the other.

How do I determine if guy x is attractive or not? For the most part, I look at his face. His general physique is taken into account but this is all clothes-on observation and I would rarely do any imagining.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

Quote:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

Really? I thought most girls preferred to think of guys with their clothes ON. This is in contrast to guys thinking about girls because we all know one is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the other.

lol wut? This is a total BS.

According to who? are you a closet lesbian?

Quote:
How do I determine if guy x is attractive or not? For the most part, I look at his face. His general physique is taken into account but this is all clothes-on observation and I would rarely do any imagining.

It's because you don't really to see him naked to determine whether he would be visually repulsive to you or not (same for men), but a shirtless pic does give a better idea (like the exposed clothes/bikini for women).