Why attempting to form relationships almost inevitably fails

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 5:47 pm

...I always end up acting desperate, and most of the time it's not even for romantic or sexual love (as much as I want those too) - but for a certain bond that parents normally give their offspring. I am, typically, utterly desperate about that (due to complete dysfunctionality of my family) and frequently joke with people I have a casual relationship with (normally middle-aged females) by asking them to adopt me.

Is there any way to get over this, or any possible solution otherwise? At this rate I'll keep going through life fulfilling every Freudian stereotype by associating any relationship I have back to that parent connection. I can just imagine myself, if I ever have a wife, feeling like she's my mother (but then again, unless a possible boyfriend is physically abusive, I probably won't associate him with my violent father).

I know, my mind is f****d.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 6:03 pm

To be honest with you... It's very unlikely a girl will want to play the mother role when it comes to relationships. Most that do are the wrong type of people you don't want to be dating.
Unless you want an older woman who's looking for a young lad for fun... I don't think you'll be having much luck as opposed to attempting to resolve that and going out with potential dates.
I don't really know how much help I've been here but tread carefully if you want to be dominated fully by a woman. I soon found out that answer.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."