Page 1 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 12:34 am

This is for people who are in a successful relationship, whether it be a day or years. Talk about the sweet things your partner is doing, how your dates have gone, and the general well-being of your relationship.
With this thread, the rule is if you don't have something nice to say (aka you're upset that you don't have a relationship and wish to lash out), please don't say it here. Make an anti-Happy Relationship Thread for all I care, but don't suck the happiness out of here!
*spreads the love to everybody*

And yes, I'm in that gooey beginning relationship phase. It's AWESOME!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:16 am

I'm not in a place to post in this thread but I want to say I will enjoy reading the stories of anyone who does.

NarcissusSavage
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 5:45 am

I am in the first "healthy" relationship of my life. We met on OkCupid, and have been seeing each other for just over 6 months.

It took me a while to figure out exactly what I was looking for in a partner, and even longer to find one who fit the bill (and who found what they were looking for in me) but now that I have, it is pretty amazing.

She is quite alright with my routines, and I have changed some of them to accommodate the idea of "us" time. We are serious, and talk every day, we spend the entire weekend together, but often only see each other once during the week due to our conflicting schedules. But, I think that is a good thing, as it allows me time to recharge adequately.

So far it’s just been amazing, I've had relationships that burned hot and flamed out. I've been in unhealthy relationships where s**t gets weird quick. But for the first time, I know what a real connection with another human being feels like, we understand each other on a whole level beyond anything I've experienced before. Simply amazing...

I can elaborate, but no one has really posted yet, and I’m not sure exactly which direction the OP was aiming for with the thread specifically >.>

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 6:11 am

NarcissusSavage wrote:
I am in the first "healthy" relationship of my life. We met on OkCupid, and have been seeing each other for just over 6 months.

It took me a while to figure out exactly what I was looking for in a partner, and even longer to find one who fit the bill (and who found what they were looking for in me) but now that I have, it is pretty amazing.

She is quite alright with my routines, and I have changed some of them to accommodate the idea of "us" time. We are serious, and talk every day, we spend the entire weekend together, but often only see each other once during the week due to our conflicting schedules. But, I think that is a good thing, as it allows me time to recharge adequately.

So far it’s just been amazing, I've had relationships that burned hot and flamed out. I've been in unhealthy relationships where sh** gets weird quick. But for the first time, I know what a real connection with another human being feels like, we understand each other on a whole level beyond anything I've experienced before. Simply amazing...

I can elaborate, but no one has really posted yet, and I’m not sure exactly which direction the OP was aiming for with the thread specifically >.>

That's great, I wish you the best of luck.
I think it's good not seeing people too much, also. You seem to see each other a healthy amount.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 8:16 am

I am also in a great relationship, we just hit the 7 month mark yesterday. I met him via my friend, she was getting married and I was her maid of honor. So she's like, "Hmmm...find a date for yooooou." So he messaged me on Facebook (he later told me it took him weeks to build up the courage to write me a message, he was afraid I'd reject him or say mean things, aww) Ultimately, he couldn't make the actual wedding due to a prior engagement (his sister's memorial service for her first child that had died a year before) but we met two days after the wedding. We went to McDonald's, walked around the mall, played videogames in my basement, where we shared our first kiss. His parents seem to like me enough, I've only talked to them a handful of times, I have yet to meet his sister and baby niece, which I think will happen during my visit next month. I can't tell if my mom likes him or not. She says that he's a wuss and a baby because he has irritable bowels, is a bit of a picky eater and takes naps whenever possible. He's a paralegal, he works long hours so yeah, a nap is warranted sometimes. Either way, I'm really happy for a change and I hope we can go the distance. :)

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:52 am

Ah, I've been wondering if someone was going to make a thread like this for some time now! I'm in the same boat as hale_bopp - no position to post, but am willing to hear what's being said :)

Aesthete
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Feb 2012, 9:54 am

I'm currently in the first relationship I've ever been in. Maybe I would have found a boyfriend much earlier if it were generally easier than it is for guys to find other guys to date. We've been seeing each other for just under a month now. In many ways, it's just like the relationship I've always wanted and envisioned for myself. So it hasn't felt really strange or anything; it feels totally normal. Like I said, we've only been seeing each other for a few weeks, but the relationship has been moving pretty fast in that time. There are many aspects of being in a relationship that are pretty much just as I imagined them being, but there are some other feelings I've been having that I didn't anticipate. For example, we both have busy work and school schedules, so we try to see each other as often as possible, but that's only on weekends, including Friday, with a few times I've skipped classes to go see him during the week, too. His house is also about an hour drive for me. And it's just that the time away has been bothering me a lot more than I expected it would. I know that with my living arrangement (college dorm), it really wouldn't be possible to see a boyfriend more than just on weekend more or less, while we could just text or chat online the rest of the time. But it just doesn't even come close to cutting it for me.

I'm quite excited for the future of this relationship though. He currently lives in his parents' house, which isn't the ideal location for us to spend time together not only for the compromised privacy but also because his parents will get cranky if I spend too much time there, or any nights there. So he's been looking at moving out and getting some sort of apartment, which would be super amazing because even if I don't move in right away (and I'm graduating in May, so if this continues to go well, I'd like to move in by then at the absolute latest), I'd at least be looking forward to spending more time with him than our schedules currently permit. And eventually I would like to move in, perhaps sooner rather than later. We've already slept together: not this past weekend but the one before. He works at a hotel and had a couple shifts scheduled close together, so he just got a room, and I came along, and it was amazing. I really wish we could do that more often, every night even.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 9:59 am

This is all nice to hear, you guys, so congrats. I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked by negativity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:02 am

Negativity is watching.....Image

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:04 am

Lol, that didn't take very long.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

^ the nazguls are on the way.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Negativity is watching.....Image

8O *runs and hides under the bed*

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:10 am

blueroses wrote:
Lol, that didn't take very long.

Lol, I knew it but didn't want to jinx it. It's what happened to the happy thread emlion and I maintained last year. It ended up being drowned out by whiners saying we were "rubbing our happiness in their faces" when they made the choice to click on the thread, knowing it had a happy theme. Some people just hate seeing others happy and it's sad. :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

Aren't you people taking my evil eye too seriously?

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 10:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

^ I was just thinking the exact same thing lol

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 1:02 pm

AScomposer13413 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

^ I was just thinking the exact same thing lol

and the nazguls didn't show up yet!