Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2012, 10:56 pm

Hey guys,

I am in a situation right now and thought maybe you all could give me advice. First of all, I'm kinda paranoid someone I know will see this, so I'm gonna be vague in certain points.

This summer, I got a job - it's pretty much the best job ever for someone my age. There are tons of very pretty girls I work with, and I really have a crush on two of them, simultaneously. I will name them A and B.

A I have been talking to for a couple weeks now. We've gotten tons of time to socialize, and we talk for some hours at a time when we see each other. She always seems happy to see me, and I smile a lot when I talk to her too, she just really seems to enjoy being around me. Plus, she seems like a very sweet girl, and I consider myself a very sweet guy, so you have that. Sometimes when she talks to me she plays with her hair, which I guess is a sign, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

B I have been talking to for a couple weeks now also, but I just recently got the chance to have an actual conversation with her. It went very good, at least from my side, but this girl seems kinda shy. Before we talked recently, I thought she didn't like me, because we would just make awkward eye contact and not say more than "hi" or something like that. But now that I talked to her for a while I'm pretty sure I was mistaken. She seemed really comfortable around me, which, if I'm getting the right vibes, is something you have to earn from some people.

Also, a little about my history - I have never had a girlfriend. I didn't really learn social skills until I was 16 (I'm 18 now) and didn't have a girl as a friend until I was 16. I guess I learned them pretty well because people seem to really enjoy being around me, especially girls I'm attracted to. I had a crush (emotional, like now) on a girl at school a year and a half ago and I halfway asked her out, which is the only time I've asked a girl out. Nothing ever came of that, but she wasn't scared off by it. This was in my old town - I moved to a new town last year and am just now starting to make friends.

So basically, how can I tell if a girl likes me in a more romantic way? What things will she say, do, etc.? I'm kind of scared of being rejected - not deep down inside, but on the surface I am - how can I avoid this? How can I let a girl know I'm interested in her? What should I do next?

Thanks much :oops:

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 11:17 pm

One of the more subtle hints they might have is to ask you "So what are you up to on Thursday night?" or something along the lines of that. That could be a sign of interest, or it may not. Just say that you have no plans in this case and see if they ask you out then and express interest if they do ask.
If you do want to ask them out yourself, maybe a bit of eye contact will tell you the story. Sometimes you can tell by looking into their eyes if they are interested or not. Watch for their pupils to dilate.