how to be an active woman on online dating site(for men too)

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

These advices are for women to apply. They are also for men to read but not apply; if you are a man and run in to these behaviors, she could be hopping you'll respond. (edited 20/07/2012)

*Look several times an interested profile (not obsessively). He'll get it, that you are hopping he will message you. Gave up after a certain time.

*Send a wink. Its a bit more overt. He knows that you are interested in him.

*Just go for it and send a message. A short one, or very short one, it shouldn't have much real content. Send several if necessary. The advice to men is to send long messages if they are really interested to a girl. It doesn't apply to women.

*Have multiple targets. Expect and get used to rejection.

*Men expect that on online sites, women never do anything. Keep that in mind and persist if necessary until he gets it, or you get it that he REALLY isn't interested in you.

---------------------------------------

The theory of real life. Men are hunters by nature. Normally, women try to excite the predator nature of men. They actively try to attract the best males for them selves, but not in an overt way. This is why they decorate them selves, play week, play hard to get, are very subtle in letting a man know they are interested. If too overt, the man feels hunted. There's also the issue of good genes. Women don't really just do nothing.

For aspies: aspie women generally don't do anything, in general they can get away with it because of the "predator" nature of men. Aspie men don't handle well this subtle way of flirting from women in real life, its a mess.

The practice of online dating: Women on online dating sites just rely on there profiles and sit on there hands. Almost all of them do that, NTs, aspies, cat girls, fairies, etc. What is done in real life isn't transposed in online dating, its not apparent what they must do, because online dating is too new in our culture. NTs, kind of become "aspies" in online dating sites.

For aspies: In practice its/willbe a life boat. When done correctly, the playing field is/willbe leveled.

Last edited by Quantum_Immortal on 19 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
These advices are good. They are also for men to read, if you run in to these behaviors, she could be hopping you'll respond.

*Look several times an interested profile (not obsessively). He'll get it, that you are hopping he will message you. Gave up after a certain time.

If a woman looks at my profile and doesn't send me a message, I will assume that she saw it and did not like it. And I don't take the time to inventory on how many times a certain woman views it.

*Send a wink. Its a bit more overt. He knows that you are interested in him.

I don't believe in sending a wink. Just be more direct and send a message.

*Just go for it and send a message. A short one, or very short one, it shouldn't have much real content. Send several if necessary. The advice to men is to send long messages if they are really interested to a girl. It doesn't apply to women.

I agree that men have to do a little more legwork, however you shouldn't send several messages to one person. Just one message, until they reply.

*Have multiple targets. Expect and get used to rejection.

Agreed.

*Men expect that on online sites, women never do anything. Keep that in mind and persist if necessary until he gets it, or you get it that he REALLY isn't interested in you.

---------------------------------------

The theory of real life. Men are hunters by nature. Normally, women try to excite the predator nature of men. They actively try to attract the best males for them selves, but not in an overt way. This is why they decorate them selves, play week, play hard to get, are very subtle in letting a man know they are interested. If too overt, the man feels hunted. There's also the issue of good genes. Women don't really just do nothing.

Agreed. With the role of men as leaders and protectors, women expect more initiative. A woman who comes off way too strong can be seen as desperate.

For aspies: aspie women generally don't do anything, in general they can get away with it because of the "predator" nature of men. Aspie men don't handle well this subtle way of flirting from women in real life, its a mess.

The practice of online dating: Women on online dating sites just rely on there profiles and sit on there hands. Almost all of them do that, NTs, aspies, cat girls, fairies, etc. What is done in real life isn't transposed in online dating, its not apparent what they must do, because online dating is too new in our culture. NTs, kind of become "aspies" in online dating sites.

For aspies: In practice its/willbe a life boat. When done correctly, the playing field is/willbe leveled.

Comments bolded

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2012, 7:55 pm

The advices are specific for WOMEN to apply. You are a dude. They don't apply them in general, in general they just rely on there profile.

If a woman see several times your profile, in a relatively prolonged time, it could mean they hope you'll message them. However this is almost never applyied, they don't know the trick. This is why i present the list. Women just assume they know they must do nothing, when in fact they could do something.

I'm saying, they should apply them. Not just sit on there hands.

The point is, that the rules for women and men are different. Women don't know anything, because its too new in our culture. Winks and several little messages its for the women, not the dudes.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 8:05 pm

It's awesome to see how many aspies here have good advice about online dating.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 8:56 pm

Quantum_Immortal wrote:
The advices are specific for WOMEN to apply. You are a dude. They don't apply them in general, in general they just rely on there profile.

If a woman see several times your profile, in a relatively prolonged time, it could mean they hope you'll message them. However this is almost never applyied, they don't know the trick. This is why i present the list. Women just assume they know they must do nothing, when in fact they could do something.

I'm saying, they should apply them. Not just sit on there hands.

The point is, that the rules for women and men are different. Women don't know anything, because its too new in our culture. Winks and several little messages its for the women, not the dudes.

My comment was applied for women as well. Some men are really desperate. Me? I wouldn't be all up on someone just because she has female parts and she is looking at my profile.

Quantum_Immortal
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2012, 12:53 am

deltafunction wrote:
It's awesome to see how many aspies here have good advice about online dating.

She said "good advice".

minervx wrote:
My comment was applied for women as well. Some men are really desperate. Me? I wouldn't be all up on someone just because she has female parts and she is looking at my profile.

You missed the point. Women are supposed to play "catch me". This is why they do it as subtly as possible, and pretend that its the dude that started it all. They do that in purpose.

If you ever see a girl, that tend to be where you are by accident, its not really an accident. She plays, "catch me". Its the same nonsense here. The advices, is for women to play there part in online dating, right now, they just rely on there profile and just complain "where all good men gone?". They are supposed to do the "come and catch me" in purpose.

Don't ask why we have to do these nonsense. I didn't designed our brains.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:13 am

Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:16 am

Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

people don't want to read an essay
and if they do, it will probably take them longer to reply to you because they have to formulate a response long enough for your message

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:19 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

and if they do, it will probably take them longer to reply to you because they have to formulate a response long enough for your message

You mean "men" don't want to read an essay?
He's saying men should send a long one but not women. I was wondering why the difference.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:24 am

Yuzu wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

He's saying men should send a long one but not women. I was wondering why the difference.

to me it sounds kinda like an indirect approach. Things that are often told to women when they can just cut the crap and be serious from the start.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:31 am

Women get messages like employers get job applications in a recession, most employers don't to sit there and read an essay.

If you really want to stand out, just go and do real life approaching. If you have poor game and social skills in real life, they aren't going to improve over the internet and when you do go on a date, it will be evident that you have a lack of social skills if you have built an internet persona for yourself.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:32 am

Yuzu wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

Oh I see. Sorry I misinterpreted your question.
IMO, 1-2 short paragraphs is the way to go for everybody (both what I have the best results sending out & what I'm most likely to respond to)

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:35 am

MXH wrote:
to me it sounds kinda like an indirect approach. Things that are often told to women when they can just cut the crap and be serious from the start.

But then if we do that,
Quote:
A woman who comes off way too strong can be seen as desperate.
Right?

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:42 am

I dont exactly agree with this "catch me" approach that women are suppose to do. I know I do run into trouble, I'd perfer at least a semi-aggressive approach when going after men.

I read that women often do initiation contact but they do it in subtle ways. Like flirting, smiling, eye contact, etc. They dont actually ask the guy on a date for instance. And they have to act like the guy made initiative.

Yeah men are hunters by nature, but hey I am too. That's just my opinion cause all this gender role playing crap is BS. Why cant both genders go after both genders.

But as for the initial advice, a wink might actually be a good way of signifying a guy that your potentially interested. And don't message the person more then once if they don't reply. This goes for anyone girl or guy. Because you just come off as desperate and annoying.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:46 am

Yuzu wrote:
MXH wrote:

But then if we do that,
Quote:
A woman who comes off way too strong can be seen as desperate.
Right?

that statement is assuming a lot of things about men and helps promote imbalance. Looking at a profile 5 times a day in hopes he messages is going to raise more flags than simply messaging him. Often i hear the complaint of women that they have tried approaching but where rejected. To which i say "you just got a taste of being a man"

Last edited by MXH on 20 Jul 2012, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:46 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Quantum_Immortal wrote:

Why a short one?

Oh I see. Sorry I misinterpreted your question.
IMO, 1-2 short paragraphs is the way to go for everybody (both what I have the best results sending out & what I'm most likely to respond to)

I see. I'm starting to get it now. I guess it's important for women to appear even more casual than men do when sending out a message.