Men, what do you think of women who are quiet and shy?

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:17 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Not less attractive. But they can seem less approachable.

I have to wonder how many shy and quiet but attractive girls do not get approached, either because guys assume they "less approachable" as you put it, or because they think they are up themselves / snobs, etc.

Most shy and quiet women I know are not b*tchy or up themselves at all, and certainly would not treat a guy poorly if he were to approach them.

Last edited by Kjas on 27 Jul 2012, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2012, 10:28 pm

Kjas wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

I have to wonder how many shy and quite but attractive girls do not get approached, either because guys assume they "less approachable" as you put it, or because they think they are up themselves / snobs, etc.

Most shy and quiet women I know are not b*tchy or up themselves at all, and certainly would not treat a guy poorly if he were to approach them.

My ex says that about me, he says I'm a very approachable person, just that nobody realises it :lol:

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2012, 10:22 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
What a [girl] is like around me matters. [She] can be quiet, shy, etc. in social settings, but if [she] doesn't open up to me it's going nowhere.

Yup, I quite agree - but more than that - at least for relationship, anyway. Namely, not only what is she like with/around me, but even much more importantly, what's she like around me when it's just the two of us. If she still can't open up and remains quite incapable of communicating, and communicating well with me, even when it's just the two of us, then, well, it won't work for us as a "relationship" anyway. Doesn't mean we couldn't be good - maybe even excellent - friends, ... but ... not gonna work for me as relationship if we can't communicate highly to extremely well.

And ... communicate / communication ... doesn't mean it's got to work in any, all, and every way between the two of us. E.g. if someone totally misses social cues and subtle hints, etc., that itself isn't necessarily a problem at all. It's matter of getting the communication to work quite well between the two of us - via whatever means we use that works between us.

EIQ 58; Reading the mind in the eyes 28

Morningstar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2012, 12:15 am

Where is the thread for quiet and shy men so that I can proclaim my love for shy guys?! People always say that shy people are unattractive and I never understand. I get along best with people who are like me, because I know what to expect from them and can guess at what they're thinking (which is something I canNOT say for the majority of society). I also think shy girls are cute :oops:

I also get along well with people who are very talkative, because I will just sit and listen, but I tend to notice that they aren't really interested in what I have to say and just want to keep blabbering.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Aug 2012, 12:24 am

Morningstar wrote:
Where is the thread for quiet and shy men so that I can proclaim my love for shy guys?!

Here you go http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt204196.html

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 12:27 am

There are different kinds of quiet and shy, so it sort of depends on what exactly is meant by these terms. Generally speaking - I relate to introversion. But I'm an extreme introvert (at least in person) and either aloof (if I don't care) or anxious (if I do) around people, so it is can be difficult to bridge the walls of introversion, with another extreme introvert. Unless perhaps there is a medium like the Internet available or some other gap in the walls appears.

I find female extroverts sometimes intriguing, if they have a good character, and they do have social skills that make up for my deficiencies, but I don't really relate at all, so it doesn't seem possible to connect, except at some very superficial level.

As far as character goes, I don't think it depends much on the introvert/extrovert axis. There are nasty introverts and wonderful extroverts and vice-versa. I do not assume shy means nice. It just means shy.

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 3:01 am

Hard to say. Interesting, but difficult if I want to get to know them. I'm afarid I will say something, that will upset them or turn them off. I fear they are not interested.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 3:20 am

Kjas wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

I have to wonder how many shy and quiet but attractive girls do not get approached, either because guys assume they "less approachable" as you put it, or because they think they are up themselves / snobs, etc.

I would say that those who are shy put themselves as available nor they want to be approached.

I try to make myself approachable but it seems to never work with people I even know, they assume I want my peace but I do want to interact in some form.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 5:47 am

minotaurheadcheese wrote:
Seems like in the thread about shy men, people have agreed that shyness is a problem for men and not so much for women. I'm not sure I concur, having found shyness a definite disadvantage romantically. So, men, what do you personally think? Would you rather date a woman who is shy and quiet, or more social and outspoken?

Shy and quiet works for me. I'm kinda in your face, so a quiet woman balances a relationship for me. Usually they appear smart, well dressed and seemingly kind. A noisy woman and I would compete to much....

I dated a quiet one for a couple of years, she was real noisy as a child, but shut down during high school after she was bullied.

Addictions/alcohol/baggage may have a higher (pun) incidence, which can complicate a relationship with a quiet woman.

I used to go over to her apartment, we would smoke a joint and drink some wine together, watch some TV, and have sex 2-4 times on the sofa, over the course of the evening. Then I would head home around 11-12pm as she had work early

We barely said that much to each other, I would send a text once or twice a week. It was great except for her cigarette smoking, which was super smelly and stupidly of me, drove me away in the end.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 6:01 am

Shy women are easier to approach and I get the impression they are more considerate of other people.
There's no guarantees they are a better person but it's the impression I get lol

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Aug 2012, 8:07 am

Well I hate loud people, so They are fine in my book.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

Everybody is shy, we are all wary of social acceptance.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

I'm wary of people needing social acceptance too much.... I prefer people who dont care about the galleys approbations, or the packs influencing opinions on things

I think quiet people understand the rat race, and have somehow dropped out of it

Those who aint quiet, are often still jumping thru hoops, being the show pony, trying to be noticed or appreciated... possibly a crisis of the ego

I've been having one for a bit now.....

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 6:51 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Shy women are easier to approach.

I guess that could be true. I never really thought about it. I guess I'm just scared, they would reject me.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2012, 6:54 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Shy women are easier to approach

i find it the opposite. Mostly due to not wanting to feel forceful on her. If you're someone that is forceful and either doesnt notice or care then i can see how they can be easier.

WalkingTheDog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

I would love to meet a shy/quiet women. As a previous poster stated, opposites don't attract. We generally like people who are like us. Of course there are exceptions. For example, my outgoing sister is dating a quiet guy.