Pileated woodpecker

08 Aug 2012, 12:01 pm

http://www.datingish.com/685117468/bewa ... ld-virgin/

I'm 19 now but I feel nothing will change

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 12:16 pm

An opinion is like an as*hole, everybody has one.

But it seems like this b***h has got too many.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Sounds like a completely sexist and hateful view on the 30+y.o. virgins. Many times she makes women to be items for men to follow (putting the p**** in the pedestal) which then she will later complain about men treating women like objects. Well, no s**t. Because you're telling them to treat you as such.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 1:22 pm

Things like this article are not meant to be informative or even thought-provoking. They are meant merely to be superficial and emotionally-provocative. Why? Because then people click on them and forward them to their friends. Who click on them. It's all about clicks, which drives advertising revenue.

charlottez
Raven
Raven

08 Aug 2012, 1:56 pm

^^ What mv said!

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 2:25 pm

Stupid article, sexist toward both men and women (she assumes all women are like her, but who would want to be?! !) and false. I mean, yes, there are some men out there who fit her description but I've met quite a few older (over 25) male virgins who were genuinely decent guys who happened to be too shy to approach women they liked and too romantic to go for a one night stand or a hooker. Not necessarily generally immature or having anything "wrong with" them, unless introversion is something wrong (as the author seems to think, because she's an idiot :lol: ) Yeah, those are some potential pitfalls and I think no woman should date a guy because she thinks he's going to worship her (how narcissistic!) but I really hope this attitude doesn't catch on, because most of these guys don't deserve the stigma.

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2012, 3:05 pm

I was sexually abused growing up as well an ex boyfriend of mine. Because of it, we both were overly sexual growing up and it wasn't until I was older, could I finally make a hard, conscious choice to break the pattern. I'm jealous of people who are virgins and haven't experienced the meaningless/powerful side to sex. I think life would be a lot different if I was a virgin and I could meet a virgin, but I guess that's MY fantasy world :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 5:01 pm

No wonder men are ashamed to be virgins. My husband was honest enough to tell me he was one at 32. But none of this described him.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Nerdyimperator
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Aug 2012, 5:18 pm

Ah well, it looks as if I'm being put out to pasture :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Aug 2012, 7:53 pm

I feel like that author is trying to make me feel like a horrible person for being a 29year-old virgin. I would definably want to remain a virgin & be alone for the rest of my life if all women had the hateful attitude she did.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

Honestly I think it is stupid.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 9:03 pm

I was waiting for the paragraph that stated "He is likely on the autism spectrum". I hate seeing people getting stereotyped, and all this will do is make the easy to manipulate nice guys feel even more depressed about themselves if they are still virgins.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 10:07 pm

Considering she wrote, "Perhaps the feminist "do it yourself" movement has gone to far by motivating otherwise successful women into doing the lazy man's job..."

If she can't figure out "to" vs. "too", she shouldn't be writing articles for anyone.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2012, 10:58 pm

It's unlikely she'd know which guys are "virgins" in the first place since most don't go around announcing it in real life. That article also has the typical "there's no such thing as STDs" viewpoint on this subject.