why can't I find another woman like my ex gf

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 12:47 am

why, why can't there be another woman like my ex gf.
why my ex gf, the only woman that ever understood me.
she was my one and only chance of long lasting love.
I had a love once, and I blew it. I screwed it up.
damn it, damn it, damn it.

Im just very pissed off now. I wish I didn't screwed everything up, back then.
I could have been a happy aspie man in a relationship, but I am not.
I had one shot, and now it's all gone.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 2:32 am

Finally, someone who likes his ex.
Have you tried to make it up with her? Probably you have, it seems that way.

How do NTs do that?

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:05 am

That happened to me as well, still havnt met anybody I like anywhere near as much, and still think about her every day, havnt had a girlfriend since.
That was 1992

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:25 am

Jesus man Nambo, what are you trying to do? billiscool might start thinking that he'll also never find a good girl. I mean I feel really sorry for you, I do. But what are the odds of not finding anyone good in 20 years! Pretty slim don't you think? That way you've had a really bad deal. But I still hope that find someone awesome real soon.

How do NTs do that?

Last edited by Dhawal on 02 Jun 2013, 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 4:25 am

She probably has a bf now so forget it.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 7:38 am

Try dating a girl you haven't seen at the gym, maybe a jogger, or something out side? How about taking an mma class? *digs around through bottomless suggestion bucket* Go to the library, or the party store even. The gardening store, the hardware store, explore your town, get on your bike. Ladies can't be that sparse in your area, can they? If you have a car, fix it up, make it look nice and shiny. Go hiking with people, mow the lawn of a retirement home for free, volunteer at a hospital, shave your beard to a shape you enjoy but the ladies will tolerate for maximum benefit. I'm not a lady, but I know if you keep with the same area, I imagine people will notice you are cruisin for chicks, and tell the other ladies. Do you know how to fix cars? Offer a lady to fix her car up, I running out of ideas....

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

02 Jun 2013, 7:56 am

Join like an activity/meetup group in your special interest.

Worst come to worse, take salsa classes? Or join a meetup group for partner dancing. There are likely tons of women there. But they will be NT's. Maybe since you have specific requirements and constraints, you should use a dating website like aspie affection or make an ad on Craigslist. This will help you cut through the sea of NT's to help identify more tolerant aspergirls.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 12:34 pm

There's only about five hundred billion songs written about this so don't feel like the lone stranger.
Most ppl have been there (me too) and most ppl recover to a greater or lesser degree (me too I think).

The damage keeps building throughout life, be aware of that and try to take it into account.
I had a fun 'date' last night that my aspiness messed up far less than 'previous damage' did. A milestone in my book. =)

Actually I'm going to write it in big letters because I'm not sure she noticed the messupingness at all.

Either that or she's very polite.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 12:52 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Try dating a girl you haven't seen at the gym, maybe a jogger, or something out side? How about taking an mma class? *digs around through bottomless suggestion bucket* Go to the library, or the party store even. The gardening store, the hardware store, explore your town, get on your bike. Ladies can't be that sparse in your area, can they? If you have a car, fix it up, make it look nice and shiny. Go hiking with people, mow the lawn of a retirement home for free, volunteer at a hospital, shave your beard to a shape you enjoy but the ladies will tolerate for maximum benefit. I'm not a lady, but I know if you keep with the same area, I imagine people will notice you are cruisin for chicks, and tell the other ladies. Do you know how to fix cars? Offer a lady to fix her car up, I running out of ideas....

will, I have hit on women at stores before. I have no trouble meeting women any where. but problem I have and 90% of it, is my personality.
Most women probaly know there something not right with me, and won't date me. yeah, most of them are nice. and few will be friends with me,
but alot won't date me.

I say 90% of my dating issues is my personality, what I say, how I act, my accent,etc
the other 10% is combo of social rules ( man must approach the right way, man have to be interesting, )
and fact that type of women I have best chances with are dating other men ( who are way better than me in social skills)

Einsteinologist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

RE: You will never find another like her because we are individuals, no matter how alike we are to others. You obviously need her back in some form, since you have a bond. Your anger is from a broken bond, but you two would need to come to this realization in order to re-unite.

Why don't you call her? I am in the exact same predicament, and am actually one of those chicks willing to take the lead, but my dude thinks I'm crazy!

I accused him of being a psychopath last night because he won't be the friend he told me he was, the brother he told me he was, or the special someone he told me he wanted to be. He thinks I left him, but I'm the one who stayed... his family won't let us communicate directly, so we're both dying of lonliness.

Beware of alexithymia in your partner -- they may not be "able" to admit "feelings"... you might try contacting her telepathically to see if she recognizes you ... I'm an Expert at recognition.... just sayin' ;;

TornadoEvil
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 7:44 pm

+1 to Einsteinologist

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP31s7CKvRo[/youtube]

edit: and there is nothing wrong with being more assertive/less passive/working on improving yourself so you don't have to have the exact same kind of relationship.

Einsteinologist

04 Jun 2013, 8:05 pm

I got your reply the other day when my mom called after I posted... nice jam session, I want the Piano in the background... like... "in the Now" ;;