Did something really stupid :/

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Maria_J
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2012, 4:49 am

So yesterday I was with my best friend at his place. (This is a guy I've known for years and he's very important to me.)

So to the point we were going to bathe in his hot tub. Usually I'm a pretty shy and anxious person but something about this guy just lets me put all my guards down... The alcohol we had with dinner didn't exactly stop that. Basically one thing led to another and somehow we ended up kissing.

I guess the drinks and the loneliness got the best of me and I just thought kissing would be a fun thing to do. But he seemed to take it differently and pretty soon he tried to take it further. Not going to give any details since this is a PG site, but it was really off-putting.

I feel really gulity for kissing him. Both beacuse I seemed to have led him on and I don't want to hurt his fealings, and because this guy seems more severly autistic than me and somehow I feel like I'm taking advantage of him.

I don't know, I just feel like an awful person and now I don't know what to do :/

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 4:53 am

How old are you?

Maria_J
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2012, 5:01 am

Stalk wrote:
How old are you?

20. and so is he.

Maria_J
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2012, 5:06 am

Still, I don't think it was entirely my fault... of the two of us, I'm the virgin, and he knows it's hard for me with physical contact. Plus the alcohol hits me harder, I think he was more or less sober.

Last edited by Maria_J on 26 Aug 2012, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 5:14 am

Don't use alcohol as the excuse. You tried kissing him, it didn't work out. Don't regret it, move on and tell him it's not going to happen again even if you have a drink.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 6:15 am

Your "best friend" (who's in fact fancying you) is trying to get out of the friendzone.

So are you going to be an exceptional girl by getting him out of the friendzone? or are you going to be the typical girl who imprisons her best friend in the friendzone?

Will your best friend be the second man doing this achievement in mankind after this one: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt207534.html ??? or will he be kicked into the abyss like 99.99% of the cases? lol

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 6:57 am

Well, let's see:

- He's very important and special to you.

Quote:
(This is a guy I've known for years and he's very important to me.)

- You feel comfortable around him
Quote:
but something about this guy just lets me put all my guards down.

-You're attracted to him, one wouldn't kiss the other for the sports. Friends don't really french kiss.
Quote:
Basically one thing led to another and somehow we ended up kissing.

- You're single and lonely
Quote:
I guess the drinks and the loneliness got the best of me

Quote:
I don't know, I just feel like an awful person and now I don't know what to do :/

Can I ask you, in the name of all friendzoned guys in this world (well I am not in this zone anymore but i was there): Why the hell don't you consider him for a bf-gf relationship?

Maria_J
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Aug 2012, 7:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Can I ask you, in the name of all friendzoned guys in this world (well I am not in this zone anymore but i was there): Why the hell don't you consider him for a bf-gf relationship?

Well, you make some good points. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea :?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 7:06 am

Women....

Nerdtopia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Aug 2012, 7:43 am

Imo, dating someone more autistic than you if you are a female is a terrible idea. Women often have more emotional needs and someone who can't read you is not going to be able to fulfil those needs. You shouldn't date this guy because you're single and lonely (as someone here seems to suggest). Even if you have feelings for him, it doesn't mean he's going to make a good boyfriend. It already seems he violated your boundaries and it could get worst. I've got an aspie guy interested in me who more than a year after I told him I'm not interested in him is still acting like a creepy stalker.
A lot of guys on this site are going to try to make you feel guilty for friendzoning guys, but it's your God given right to only wanting to be friends with someone. You should not feel guilty about it!
If you feel like what happened was a mistake, just tell him that. And be very straight on about it, as a male aspie, he might never get it unless you tell him right out. Don't let him make you feel guilty about how you feel and manipulate you into being with him.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 8:27 am

Maria_J wrote:
Well, you make some good points. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea :?

I can't help but agree with Boo on this one. If you actually like this guy enough to kiss him, but didn't want it to be taken further...

...why not just say "Hold on there, cowboy! I wanna take it slower than this, perhaps we can get to that part a little later, hmm?"

Nerdtopia wrote:
Imo, dating someone more autistic than you if you are a female is a terrible idea.

I guess all the really autistic guys are pretty boned, then. Perhaps they should be waiting for sexbot companions or something?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 8:56 am

Nerdtopia wrote:
Imo, dating someone more autistic than you if you are a female is a terrible idea. Women often have more emotional needs and someone who can't read you is not going to be able to fulfil those needs. You shouldn't date this guy because you're single and lonely (as someone here seems to suggest). Even if you have feelings for him, it doesn't mean he's going to make a good boyfriend. It already seems he violated your boundaries and it could get worst. I've got an aspie guy interested in me who more than a year after I told him I'm not interested in him is still acting like a creepy stalker.
A lot of guys on this site are going to try to make you feel guilty for friendzoning guys, but it's your God given right to only wanting to be friends with someone. You should not feel guilty about it!
If you feel like what happened was a mistake, just tell him that. And be very straight on about it, as a male aspie, he might never get it unless you tell him right out. Don't let him make you feel guilty about how you feel and manipulate you into being with him.

Shut up.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 9:31 am

Nerdtopia wrote:

Quick, tell me your address! As the 1,000,000th poster on WrongPlanet, you deserve a prize! Me and some associates will be paying you a visit soon to deliver your "prize":

You can see by the way they dress that they are real gentlemen.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 11:07 am

Well, Maria, sounds like you have a little crush on your friend you want to take into the dating stages!
If you like him, why not pull him aside another time and just say you would be interested in going out sometime and take things at a slower pace? You're friends, and I'm sure you both don't want to eff up the friendship if the dating doesn't go anywhere, right?

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 1:29 pm

Okay so you made a mistake. If you have no strong feelings for him "sober" then tell him and don't make the same mistake again.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 10:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Women....

Boo... :lmao: