Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DNForrest wrote:
First girl I asked out to a dance, "I'm waiting for someone better to ask me."

I won't judge you because back to school I was also too timid and polite to face such rudeness, especially from girls.

Today? I'd reply "Wait till your rot, b***h!"

I don't think there's any need for that level of nastiness otherwise you show yourself as no better than her

Also I think people pick their targets well for this type of dismissive comment ie they only tend to say it to shy, respectful people anyway as they're probably the best of friends with the loud obnoxious types who'd give as good as they get.

With the right tone, she would come back apologizing.

An apology is meaningless from that type of person - you just want to avoid them.

Revenge can be sweet tho.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
DNForrest wrote:

I won't judge you because back to school I was also too timid and polite to face such rudeness, especially from girls.

Today? I'd reply "Wait till your rot, b***h!"

I don't think there's any need for that level of nastiness otherwise you show yourself as no better than her

Also I think people pick their targets well for this type of dismissive comment ie they only tend to say it to shy, respectful people anyway as they're probably the best of friends with the loud obnoxious types who'd give as good as they get.

With the right tone, she would come back apologizing.

An apology is meaningless from that type of person - you just want to avoid them.

Revenge can be sweet tho.

It comes back to bite you from my experience - witness my experience after insulting the date who never turned up that I posted about on here.

spacebrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

"You're like a lost puppy"

I remember that from middle school when I asked a girl to a dance.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 1:26 pm

spacebrain wrote:

That's weird as one of my school teachers asked my parents if there was anything wrong at
home as I seemed sad, 'like a lost puppy'! That was in about 1983 and was the closest anyone got to determining anything was 'wrong' with me before the Asperger Diagnosis was created.

spacebrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2012, 4:02 pm

nessa238 wrote:
spacebrain wrote:

That's weird as one of my school teachers asked my parents if there was anything wrong at
home as I seemed sad, 'like a lost puppy'! That was in about 1983 and was the closest anyone got to determining anything was 'wrong' with me before the Asperger Diagnosis was created.

Lol, that is weird. It always stuck with me too, as being accurate.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 4:32 pm

spacebrain wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
spacebrain wrote:

Lol, that is weird. It always stuck with me too, as being accurate.

I'd had people say 'You look lost' before so it wasn't new to me but the 'lost puppy' thing sounds rather vulnerable and pathetic so I don't think I was impressed and also I never had what I'd call a particularly happy time at school so I would have thought it was rather stating the obvious, saying I didn't look happy. You battle through the endurance course that is school only to be told 'Oh you don't look very happy!' No s**t! Lol

It's a lot milder assessment than I get now, which can range from freak, weird, you name it!
- society has got a lot harsher in the way it judges people who are seen as different; people never made me feel I was different when I was at school, apart from sometimes teasing me for not talking much.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2012, 8:28 pm

nessa238 wrote:
DNForrest wrote:

I'd laugh in someone's face if they said that to me - it's so off-the-scale twattish!

You should have said you'll have a long wait then!

Nowadays I'd probably laugh at someone that would say that to me, but back then, I was the awkward, chubby, science-loving kid who lived in a hick town obsessed with football, so it wasn't really surprising for her to say that. It was pretty much the worst-case-scenario for a middle school kid, first she said that, then went around telling everyone that she was waiting for someone better.