A polite least heartbreaking Exit.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 3:07 pm

How to exist a progressing "thing" (not yet developed into a relationship) with a girl that you are aware she's madly in love with you and perfect with you in terms of niceness, respect, consideration and tolerance?

I mean, this girl is the perfect partner material in theory for anyone.

Reason why I wanna end it: I came into realization (after few dates) that I am not attracted enough to her compared to other potentials. Another reason is her almost-over-religious lifestyle that would certainly conflict with mine.

My last attempt was failed when i saw she brought me a cake she made - yes a cake.
:pale:

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 03 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2012, 3:10 pm

Personaly I say if the religion thing is a major reason in why your splitting up, Your a ejit.

But! quite simply tell her and be honest, Don't beat about the bush, drag it out or insult her. Simply tell her it isn't working for you and you think you should split. And leave it at that. No messages no explaining no phonecalls after.

It sounds harsh, but it saves dragging it out and causing uncalled for drama.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Just be direct and don't wait for the perfect way to do it because there isn't one, that's the least heartbreaking thing you can do with anyone.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 5:12 pm

I have the opposite problem, no religious girls seem to exist where I am. (Pretty much one of the most liberal and atheistic parts of America.) Except being Muslim would complicate things, Boo, know any people with Muslim and Orthodox relationships? Maybe I should go to Lebanon, lot more Orthodox than in America.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 5:33 pm

A normal persons start learning and developing these things at age 16, how pathetic really. Now I understand the experienced people who say one only knows what he/she knows after several experiences.

Oh well...at least I just started...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:27 am

1000Knives wrote:
I have the opposite problem, no religious girls seem to exist where I am. (Pretty much one of the most liberal and atheistic parts of America.) Except being Muslim would complicate things, Boo, know any people with Muslim and Orthodox relationships? Maybe I should go to Lebanon, lot more Orthodox than in America.

You can find plenty of orthodox Christians (of various sects) and Orthodox Christians here (notice the cap).

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 4:18 am

IrishTusk wrote:
Personaly I say if the religion thing is a major reason in why your splitting up, Your a ejit.

But! quite simply tell her and be honest, Don't beat about the bush, drag it out or insult her. Simply tell her it isn't working for you and you think you should split. And leave it at that. No messages no explaining no phonecalls after.

It sounds harsh, but it saves dragging it out and causing uncalled for drama.

He is not an idiot, he is doing a very calculated thing right now. I commend him for doing something as difficult as this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 9:13 am

Quote:
And leave it at that. No messages no explaining no phonecalls after.

We share a common social circle.

Anyway, it was her bday yesterday and brought her a small too regular gift with no red or any romance symbols. Thankful but obviously disappoint she was, I think she got the message.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 7:46 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyi0ZfuIIvo

Here. This is appropriate.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
(...) Reason why I wanna end it: I came into realization (after few dates) that I am not attracted enough to her compared to other potentials. (...)

Let me guess: the clan girl?

Is that an appropriate question or is it none of my damn business?

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.