Confusing Flirting With Bullying?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

In the other thread where I talked about a girl who liked me but I didn't know this because I thought that her flirting was a way of bullying me. Has anyone had this problem and how do you know not to confuse the two?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:39 am

What about flirting WITH the intention of bullying?

Yeah, had that happen to me, the girl is now married to a rich golfer, owns a chihuahua and is a fan of Jersey Shore, go figure.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Sep 2012, 12:57 am

When I was in 7th & 8th grade a girl I carpooled with bullied me by teasing me, hitting me, pinching me & I was told from a few of my classmates that she liked me. I interpreted it as bullying thou I heard girls bullying boys they like is a common thing in elementary school. I think that's why some women stay with guys who abuse them; they never grew out of that phase of thinking abuse = like

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2012, 1:08 am

My flirting comes off more as teasing...oh well

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:26 am

In high school health class, these two (or maybe just one) girl kept grabbing my butt. I thought she was making fun of me (maybe because I wasn't comfortable with my weight at the time,) so I flipped out and yelled at her. Yep.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 2:04 am

Most of what I do is teasing.
However I only start doing it when I know that the other person is going to deal with it in a good manner so itd be pretty hard to confuse flirting and bullying when it comes to me.

Honestly if you have told her you want it to stop and she hasnt its bullying, otherwise Id see it as teasing and try to reply in a suitable manner

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 3:56 am

1000 Knives: On old SNL, Eddie Murphy did a skit to rap music. He rapped "I've got the biggest butt in the neighborhood, girls like to squeeze cause it feels so good"

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 7:24 am

A love to hate

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 11:52 am

Aspinator wrote:
1000 Knives: On old SNL, Eddie Murphy did a skit to rap music. He rapped "I've got the biggest butt in the neighborhood, girls like to squeeze cause it feels so good"

Happens. Just something I had to learn to embrace and not hate. It sucks, I wear usually medium shirts, but then 34-36 jeans.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:49 pm

When I was in 8th grade, a boy on my schoolbus muttered, "Fat a** 'n' big tits," to me as I squeezed past him to get off at my stop. I thought he was picking on my weight. I didn't realize it was supposed to be a compliment until 20 years later.

I guess the lesson here is not to use the words "fat" and "big" at all when referring to attractive female anatomy, even if you mean it in a good way. :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:51 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I guess the lesson here is not to use the words "fat" and "big" at all when referring to attractive female anatomy, even if you mean it in a good way. :wink:

Yeah - "fat ass" can be very positive or very negative and hurtful, depending on the context.

As for my opinion on large derrières? I couldn't possibly comment! :lol:

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:26 pm

Back when I was younger this happened to me a lot. What I later figured out was that sometimes this sort of "good natured" teasing is used to force the other party to engage with them and so hopefully make a connection. One person told me that if a girl touches you that means she is opening the door to touch you back. So, if she grabs your butt it sets her up for you to grab hers, and so forth.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

outofplace wrote:
So, if she grabs your butt it sets her up for you to grab hers, and so forth.

Not really, and it's generally not a good idea unless in private. It does kind of show that she may well be interested in you, though. If it's not wanted, it's sexual harassment just as it would be if a man did it to a woman.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 1:57 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

Happens. Just something I had to learn to embrace and not hate. It sucks, I wear usually medium shirts, but then 34-36 jeans.

I hear ya. While I wear large sized shirts due to my size,I still wear rather large pants due to my meaty backside and thighs. I here some ladies like it when the man has a larger bottom (without it being fat, which mine really isn't... it's just big ^^). Only real "advantage" I have is that the size extends on both sides of, back and front.

Last edited by starryeyedvoyager on 21 Sep 2012, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

outofplace wrote:
So, if she grabs your butt it sets her up for you to grab hers, and so forth.

Actually, there is an evolutionary reason for women wanting to pinch or slap a man's butt. Research has shown that there is nerve endings in a man's behind that connect with the... well, other side, and hitting them increases the blood flow on... well, both sides. Essentially, a woman hitting your butt is the equivalent of her saying: "Would you mind getting an erection for me?"

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

starryeyedvoyager wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

I hear ya. While I wear large sized shirts due to my size,I still wear rather large pants due to my meaty waist. I here some ladies like it when the man has a larger bottom (without it being fat, which mine really isn't... it's just big ^^). Only real "advantage" I have is that the size extends on both sides of, back and front.

I measured my thighs at like 25 inches. Calves are 16 now. Almost bodybuilder like proportions for the lower body, then average proportions for the upper, ie, 13 inch biceps, like 6 inch wrists, etc.

I'm at like 18% bodyfat, I'd like to be at 10 or so, and without gaining more muscle, I'd be at like 180ish lbs from 195 now at 5'9. I broke the BMI scale, I'm apparently a 28.6 BMI while most people think I'm "skinny." To get to a 25, I'd have to be 6% bodyfat.