What is the main reason why guys have to do the approaching?

Page 22 of 31 [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 31  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

Kurgan wrote:
It's great, but there are better things in life (good concerts, driving sportscars etc.). If you expect it t be some kind of magical sensation that's better than everything else put together, you're in for a dissapointment, though.

Sports car eh?
He slept with 33 airline stewardesses in 14 days. His racing overalls said "sex — the breakfast of champions." He was the drugged party sex driver of the time. And set the standard for racing drivers there since.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:11 pm

Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:
It's Nature. Natural selection.

...and up until just recently, Men have been making all the rules.

I think all the bitterness toward women from men who maybe feel inadequate in this area is interesting. As a woman who has always felt clueless about the dating scene, I feel a lot of it is unwarranted judgement of all womankind and outright fallacy.

Men and women are human. We make mistakes, misunderstand, have different agendas. It doesn't all have to be sinister with aforethought. It just is.

The universe is not obligated to provide anyone with a mate.

Actually, in ALL mammals, the female initiates the mating in 80% of all cases. Men doing all the work in dating is a fairly "recent" phenomenon, given that modern humans have existed for 200,000 years.

In humans, wouldn't you consider, makeup, high heels, push up bras and low cut jeans an initiation? Sheesh! All the crap and discomfort women put themselves through just to entice a male is astounding. Personally, I think it cheapens us, but it's hard to argue with results.

I have a some guy friends that I occasionally meet for a morning game of basketball and lunch afterwards. 2 of them are on the spectrum. I've seen these guys get hit on several times by attractive women but they simply didn't see it. I've tried to clue them in but it's impossible. They have to be focused on the girl before she sends the signals or they'll miss it. They're timing is rarely the required perfect.

I honestly think a go-between would be your best bet. Get an NT friend to go talk to women for you because you can't do it yourself. Oh, gee. That sounds like the plot for a good play. Better yet, get some gay friends. They can help you and won't steal your girl.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:17 pm

billiscool wrote:
well, that what happens when you play the passive role.

Ain't nobody playing any roles here. We're just a bunch of aspie girls trying to survive in a world where women get blamed for male weakness. You make it sound like we set ourselves up for date rape on purpose.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

MXH wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
It's great, but there are better things in life (good concerts, driving sportscars etc.). If you expect it t be some kind of magical sensation that's better than everything else put together, you're in for a dissapointment, though.

Sports car eh?
He slept with 33 airline stewardesses in 14 days. His racing overalls said "sex — the breakfast of champions." He was the drugged party sex driver of the time. And set the standard for racing drivers there since.

Once is a happenstance, twice is a coincidence ..... Three times it is enemy action.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:20 pm

unduki wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:

I think all the bitterness toward women from men who maybe feel inadequate in this area is interesting. As a woman who has always felt clueless about the dating scene, I feel a lot of it is unwarranted judgement of all womankind and outright fallacy.

Men and women are human. We make mistakes, misunderstand, have different agendas. It doesn't all have to be sinister with aforethought. It just is.

Actually, in ALL mammals, the female initiates the mating in 80% of all cases. Men doing all the work in dating is a fairly "recent" phenomenon, given that modern humans have existed for 200,000 years.

In humans, wouldn't you consider, makeup, high heels, push up bras and low cut jeans an initiation? Sheesh! All the crap and discomfort women put themselves through just to entice a male is astounding. Personally, I think it cheapens us, but it's hard to argue with results.

I have a some guy friends that I occasionally meet for a morning game of basketball and lunch afterwards. 2 of them are on the spectrum. I've seen these guys get hit on several times by attractive women but they simply didn't see it. I've tried to clue them in but it's impossible. They have to be focused on the girl before she sends the signals or they'll miss it. They're timing is rarely the required perfect.

I honestly think a go-between would be your best bet. Get an NT friend to go talk to women for you because you can't do it yourself. Oh, gee. That sounds like the plot for a good play. Better yet, get some gay friends. They can help you and won't steal your girl.

I dont consider it any more initiation than all the things men do to make themselves look good. You know, shaving, hopelessly going through "trendy" clothing stores you hate, working out, getting the right colone, etc.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:21 pm

unduki wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Ain't nobody playing any roles here. We're just a bunch of aspie girls trying to survive in a world where women get blamed for male weakness. You make it sound like we set ourselves up for date rape on purpose.

What is the 'male weakness' you're talking about?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:22 pm

MXH wrote:
unduki wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:

I dont consider it any more initiation than all the things men do to make themselves look good. You know, shaving, hopelessly going through "trendy" clothing stores you hate, working out, getting the right colone, etc.

Yes, and guys often take nasty stuff to build muscles and look fit - something that girls don't usually do in gyms.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:28 pm

MXH wrote:
unduki wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:

Men do things to look good??? Hahaha! I'm only half joking because most of the men I know don't have a clue about how to dress, or anything and it's not on their to-do list, either.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
unduki wrote:
billiscool wrote:

What is the 'male weakness' you're talking about?

Specifically shyness, but women get blamed for everything else as well. It's a fact. Men tend to blame someone else (women are smaller, weaker so the logical choice) and women tend to look first to themselves. You could argue that women set themselves up but it's more likely a situation where women are bullied.

Last edited by unduki on 18 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:31 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MXH wrote:
unduki wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:

Yes, and guys often take nasty stuff to build muscles and look fit - something that girls don't usually do in gyms.

Wow, you could come up with a whole petty list. That will surely make you more attractive to the ladies.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

unduki wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MXH wrote:
unduki wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
unduki wrote:

Wow, you could come up with a whole petty list. That will surely make you more attractive to the ladies.

Explain.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:37 pm

ok, so what we have here are two ladies. One who has had at least 2 boyfriends. and current dating one now.
another woman who likes women but is not ''bi'' or ''lesbian'' are coming here and complain to us men.
On how women have just as hard as men, It just like what I said.
Do any ladies even have a clue why so many men are so upset here. Ok I just write it out plainy.
These are asperger men because of their disabilty make it hard for them to get a date, these men want to being a relationship.
And yes these men do want to have sex too but they always want a relationship.
Yet all you women with the same asperger disabilty are regular getting men to go out with you.
Yeah, there are people who think you are weird and sure many of you women do have struggles but in the end of the day
you have very,very high chances of dating.

It ridiculus how many aspie women keep telling all these dateless asperger men that aspie women too have it hard and relationship is difficult for them too but yet they have boyfriends and more than 1 in their time.

unless you are a woman who has never,ever dated a man and are least 30, then you really no idea what these men are going threw.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:40 pm

Unduki, I wouldn't say those things are worn by females solely to attract men. I sometimes wear heels, or push up bras, or stockings, low cut jeans, pencil skirts, at home. I have to be in the mood. Usually if I am feeling good about myself and a great song is being played. I would rather look at myself if I look *and* feel good, than when I look like a tramp. I spent many years without even looking in a mirror, so this is an exercise I now cherish. However, my Mum always did "teach" me how to dress, so I look classy and never trashy (when in a good mood). There *is* a difference.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

billiscool, if what you say is the sole truth, then why does my bf insist we don't have a relationship, even though we have been seeing each other for 11 months, *and* that was the first thing he said?

Although now I don't believe him. I think he says things to convince himself of what is not the reality of the situation. :roll:

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

billiscool wrote:
ok, so what we have here are two ladies. One who has had at least 2 boyfriends. and current dating one now.
another woman who likes women but is not ''bi'' or ''lesbian'' are coming here and complain to us men.
On how women have just as hard as men, It just like what I said.
Do any ladies even have a clue why so many men are so upset here. Ok I just write it out plainy.
These are asperger men because of their disabilty make it hard for them to get a date, these men want to being a relationship.
And yes these men do want to have sex too but they always want a relationship.
Yet all you women with the same asperger disabilty are regular getting men to go out with you.
Yeah, there are people who think you are weird and sure many of you women do have struggles but in the end of the day
you have very,very high chances of dating.

It ridiculus how many aspie women keep telling all these dateless asperger men that aspie women too have it hard and relationship is difficult for them too but yet they have boyfriends and more than 1 in their time.

unless you are a woman who has never,ever dated a man and are least 30, then you really no idea what these men are going threw.

I'm not without feeling for the plight of shy guys. I'm just not going to take abuse because of a man's inadequacies.

Your angry at the word inadequacy? It's just a statement of fact. I will concede that while fatness is a fact and that saying someone is fat can be considered rude if being fat is the discussion, you need to be able to view fat as fat without the negative connotations.

We all have inadequacies. It's part of the human condition and it's ok. If you want to discuss it realistically, that's great, but it seems you only want to rag on women. Naturally, I felt the need to defend my sex. And you continue to attack, with your inappropriate characterizations. I will no longer take your posts seriously. You are not rational. You are not cool. You are mean.

I feel bad for people who are shy, or whatever multi-syllable label you want to use. I grew up watching my mother deal with her shyness. I think that she dealt with it head-on showed amazing strength. She never whined about it or tried to blame it on an entire gender. She died shy, but lived a fuller life for trying.

I help my friends where I can because I want the best for them. I'm glad they don't feel the need to put me down because of their own particular weaknesses that have nothing to do with me and everything to do with them. It's easier to help people who are nice, but some people just don't want to be helped. They just want to place the blame on anyone but themselves. I'm sorry the world isn't to your liking.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2012, 2:08 pm

I agree with Unduki re billiscool. It does seem you are blaming the whole of the female gender for your troubles. It's *not* cool. I only found someone whom I enjoy being with, in my forties. I consider myself lucky despite knowing there is so much that needs to be worked on. Get over it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and adopt a positive attitude. I don't even know what you look like, and I would be put off by your constant guilt/blame culture. :(