How do you know you are ready to date?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Siddhi
Raven
Raven

29 Sep 2012, 2:08 am

I am 33 year old female. I have never dated or been with anyone. Once in a while i have liked something about someone, but i dont feel motivated to do anything about it. In past i could not figure out if someone was interested in me. Now i notice if someone is noticing me sometimes but i freak out when someone has a casual conversation with me.

I've decided to try online matrimonial sites thinking a goal oriented setting will help. but there are something things that disturb me which i dont know what to do with. I am curious about people but i dont really "like" any one. By that i mean, i dont want to spend time with any of the the people in the profiles nor do i want to meet them. In addition, the thought of being physically close to someone scares me. I dont know if this is normal and i should still push myself.

Honestly, i am just looking for companionship, nothing else. I still find relationships confusing and scary and love the time i dont have people close to me. I am not sure what i should do.

Thank you for your time.

Siddhi

atdevel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Sep 2012, 7:09 am

33 is definitely ready! That's around when most women get married nowadays.

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2012, 7:13 am

If you have no desire to spend time with anyone then you're not ready. Why do you even want to date if those are your feelings? 95% of people date to meet someone they can spend time with and be intimate with. The intimacy thing, as far as physical love, you can always take your time with. But, take your time, try different dating sites and see if you can find someone who matches your personality. You may have to go on a bunch of crappy dates, but you'll find someone.

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

Siddhi
Raven
Raven

29 Sep 2012, 8:52 am

Maeryln138 said

Quote:
Why do you even want to date if those are your feelings?

Because it seems that being part of a couple is a prerequisite to being part of any group and i dont want to be completely alone once my mom is also not there.

atdevel said:

Quote:
33 is definitely ready!

In my country women over 30 are supposed to be on the shelf. So i am definitely past the first phase of it. Infact my family tried the websites in my 20ies but it quickly lead to a issues as i could not even say what i wanted. am trying again but i am really not sure if i should yet.