MEN: What about taller women?

Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Maerlyn138 wrote:
Nope, I don't care what she looks like. I will not date a woman taller than me.

Curious- is it a matter of mechanics, then?

I've been with people who were so much taller than me that we couldn't kiss while doing other things. If ya know what I mean.

to his Interest."

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:51 pm

In my personal experience, it can be rough out there for a tall girl. My prom date whined about my shoes making me too much taller than him. (anecdotally I've found the worst high heel whiners to be dudes about the same height as you, taller guys don't care and shorter guys have already gotten over it) I don't like being treated like my body is emasculating, or getting called intimidating or amazonian, never cute. I like guys who either don't make my being taller than them an issue or who happen to be taller than me anyway. At 6', it's been easier for me to find somebody who just happens to be taller...but that's just me.
I also happen to think tall women look good and I love seeing women over 5'8" rocking tall heels (and women owning it and making bold choices in general).

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:55 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
In my personal experience, it can be rough out there for a tall girl. My prom date whined about my shoes making me too much taller than him. (anecdotally I've found the worst high heel whiners to be dudes about the same height as you, taller guys don't care and shorter guys have already gotten over it) I don't like being treated like my body is emasculating, or getting called intimidating or amazonian, never cute. I like guys who either don't make my being taller than them an issue or who happen to be taller than me anyway. At 6', it's been easier for me to find somebody who just happens to be taller...but that's just me.
I also happen to think tall women look good and I love seeing women over 5'8" rocking tall heels (and women owning it and making bold choices in general).

What's weird is that (replace the adjectives) that almost perfectly describes my experiences back when I was fat, trying to date- much easier to find a bigger guy than one smaller or around the same size who was okay with dating a "bigger girl".

to his Interest."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

What's weird is that (replace the adjectives) that almost perfectly describes my experiences back when I was fat, trying to date- much easier to find a bigger guy than one smaller or around the same size who was okay with dating a "bigger girl".

Not really, in her experience shorter guys were less likely to be heel whiners.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

Not really, in her experience shorter guys were less likely to be heel whiners.

Ah, right, I missed that bit.
I guess a woman being bigger than a man is always the woman's fault,
because weight is more controllable than is height?
Speculating.

to his Interest."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 5:14 pm

I have not met many women taller than me due to being 6 foot 1 but if I dated a woman taller than me I would feel intimidated and inadequate. There I said it and I'm a man.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Larsen80
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Oct 2012, 5:19 pm

I confess having a thing for tall girls, but in the end of the day it's no priority to me. I have been out with girls measuring from 155 to 185 cm - quite a span! My relationships have mainly been a bit shorter than myself. I am 177 cm which unfortunately is sufficiently below average male height to be rejected as being "too short", and I don't really have any moral objection to that. You can't argue against people's preferences.

That being said, the height issue doesn't seem to be very much of a taboo compared to other human features. It is considered comon courtesey to curb yourself - prefereably lie a bit - when talking about weight, ethnicity, disability and social status as potential dealbreakers in dating. You haven't seen anyone get struck by lightning for saying "I don't date short guys (or girls)", have you?

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 6:34 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
I've been with people who were so much taller than me that we couldn't kiss while doing other things. If ya know what I mean.

That thought crossed my mind... I went with the "stepladder" example instead... family friendly 'n all... ;)

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 6:41 pm

I was thinking about the "if ya know what I mean" too :lol:

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Maerlyn138 wrote:

Was with a 4'11" girl once. Being a foot and a half taller (not to mention 80lbs heavier) made physical stuff awkward, to say the least. It was a little like driving someone else's classic car, you're so afraid of breaking it that you can't enjoy yourself.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 7:23 pm

Uprising wrote:
Most of us men do want a taller woman, but can't get one sadly enough.

Do not think most of men want a taller woman at all.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

mds_02 wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Maerlyn138 wrote:

Was with a 4'11" girl once. Being a foot and a half taller (not to mention 80lbs heavier) made physical stuff awkward, to say the least. It was a little like driving someone else's classic car, you're so afraid of breaking it that you can't enjoy yourself.

Well I think it's more a problem of "distances" :?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 9:46 pm

BanjoGirl wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
Maerlyn138 wrote:

Well I think it's more a problem of "distances" :?

Well that too. I like gettin kisses on my face. Not in my chest hairs.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Palakol
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2012, 1:16 am

I prefer them.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 9:52 am

Boxman108 wrote:
There aren't many taller than you? I'm about 5'11 and it feels like most people around here are at least as tall as me, if not taller. Not that I mind it so much. I'd rather be with someone of equal height to me than with someone shorter. Still, it does get a bit annoying to be looked down on just because of my height.
5'11 is above avg for a male.....
I'm 6'2 and feel lie i tower over most people ;) I prefer girls to be 5'0-5'6. feel that being tall is a masculine feature. I also have a fear and im not joking that I will hook up with/date a transexual Finding shorter women greatly reduces this occurrence.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2012, 9:56 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
I have not met many women taller than me due to being 6 foot 1 but if I dated a woman taller than me I would feel intimidated and inadequate. There I said it and I'm a man.
I find when im in a room with a male or female that is taller than me I feel inferior and I am 6'2.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits