MEN: What about taller women?

Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

12 Oct 2012, 10:51 am

Well....... we all know that almost invariably, the man in the relationship/marriage will be taller than the woman. However, every now and then the opposite will be true. So here's the thread to talk about that.
----
I am 5' 9", and there about only a small percentage of females that are taller than I am. It'd be awkward at first, but then I'd get used to it, so I wouldn't mind. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

There aren't many taller than you? I'm about 5'11 and it feels like most people around here are at least as tall as me, if not taller. Not that I mind it so much. I'd rather be with someone of equal height to me than with someone shorter. Still, it does get a bit annoying to be looked down on just because of my height.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

12 Oct 2012, 11:06 am

Boxman108 wrote:
There aren't many taller than you? I'm about 5'11 and it feels like most people around here are at least as tall as me, if not taller. Not that I mind it so much. I'd rather be with someone of equal height to me than with someone shorter. Still, it does get a bit annoying to be looked down on just because of my height.

AFAIK, no. Most of them, on average, seem to be about 5' 4" - 5' 6".

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 11:36 am

Height doesn't really matter to me. I once had a crush on a girl who is 4'7" (I'm 5'10" and she is four years younger than me). My lady friend/unattainable dream girl/whatever you wanna call her is 5'4" and freakin' adorable. :P I once had a crush on a 6'1" girl. One obvious advantage to taller women is, to put it bluntly, legs, legs, and more legs.

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 11:37 am

Height isn't even a factor in my opinion. Although if a woman was like 6'7 I'll admit, I might get a bit nervous...

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 11:38 am

I am only 1,7 meters tall (around 5' 7''). It is easy to find women who are taller than me. It is also easy to find shorter women. It is not relevant enough to influence my choices, but I have a strange preference for taller women.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 12:24 pm

I'm hobbit-sized, 5' 5", and I have always found taller women attractive.
The Missus is just slightly shorter than I am, proving that woman don't usually go for shorter men.
I've discussed this with a therapist (who was a woman) and she said she really couldn't understand why women ridicule a woman who is fond of a shorter guy. Because when you get down to it, women are afraid their women friends will ridicule them if they date a shorter guy. At least I don't think complete strangers on the street would make comments.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 1:35 pm

Personally I find shorter women much more attractive. To me they just look a lot cuter.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 1:48 pm

I've always wanted to, at least once, to be with a woman taller than me. Being 6'4" it seems unlikely to ever happen.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 1:54 pm

I think taller girls are hot. Ideally, I'd like a girl like, 5'7-5'9, right next to my height but not towering over me. But tall girls are the girls that when I see them walking around I'm like "Woah...."

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:01 pm

I am into tall girls. I know there is more women that are taller than me than you'd think, but the norm is that you won't meet many women that come close to me, as I am rather tall at 6'3. I actually wish I was a little bit taller to be really towering (don't know why, would be fun I guess ^^), and I'd really fance a woman over 6'0 so we could be at the same level, quite literally. I know that being tall is nice for a guy and many women are attracted to size (and I ofte hear from petite women with tall guys that they really like that they have to get on tippi toes to kiss their guy), but the idea of having someone that can constantly look up my nostrils is... weird, to say the least.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

Most of us men do want a taller woman, but can't get one sadly enough.

suboc-1
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Oct 2012, 2:03 pm

mds_02 wrote:
I've always wanted to, at least once, to be with a woman taller than me. Being 6'4" it seems unlikely to ever happen.

like mds said, it depends on your own height. I would imagine that if someone is on the shorter side they would be more willing and interested in going out with someone that is taller. Where as a 6'5" women would be very hard to find and more awkward because a 6'4" man is used to women being at least 6" shorter than him.

As for my personal preference, I don't think so. I'm not going to say no but it's unlikely.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:04 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The Missus is just slightly shorter than I am, proving that woman don't usually go for shorter men.

Missing a few steps between that thar premise and conclusion.

Anyway,
GO-GO tall girls.

to his Interest."

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

mds_02 wrote:

You and me both! The very few women I've met my same height also tended to be twice my girth... :(

All I know is I want to kiss someone without getting a crick in my neck or needing a step stool. ;)

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

BlueMax wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

You and me both! The very few women I've met my same height also tended to be twice my girth... :(

All I know is I want to kiss someone without getting a crick in my neck or needing a step stool. ;)

Psht. You just want a face full o'boobage!

~shuts up~ :oops:

to his Interest."