MEN: What about taller women?

Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

BlueMax wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
I've always wanted to, at least once, to be with a woman taller than me. Being 6'4" it seems unlikely to ever happen.

You and me both! The very few women I've met my same height also tended to be twice my girth... :(

All I know is I want to kiss someone without getting a crick in my neck or needing a step stool. ;)

Psht. You just want a face full o'boobage!

~shuts up~ :oops:

to his Interest."

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:20 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The Missus is just slightly shorter than I am, proving that woman don't usually go for shorter men.

I was trying to say that when I was dating I would have (and did once) dated a woman taller than myself. But I'm in the older generation and that was something that just didn't happen. The Missus never dated a man shorter than she is. My theory is that other women ridicule a woman dating a man who is shorter than she is, unless of course he's very wealthy.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:25 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
Psht. You just want a face full o'boobage!

~shuts up~ :oops:

As true as that may be, she'd have to be 6'9!!

(or just sit on my lap...) :lol:

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:

I was trying to say that when I was dating I would have (and did once) dated a woman taller than myself. But I'm in the older generation and that was something that just didn't happen. The Missus never dated a man shorter than she is. My theory is that other women ridicule a woman dating a man who is shorter than she is, unless of course he's very wealthy.

That's like men ridiculing other men for a fat girlfriend- some men do, maybe, but then, men are a very diverse bunch. :wink:

I've never dated a shorter man but that's because I've only ever SEEN a few...
I'm 5'1". Your wife is also short, no?

to his Interest."

ayla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

I'm 6' and never dated shorter men, but that's because I hate attracting attention.
Going out with a taller guy makes me feel less awkward.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

ayla wrote:
I'm 6' and never dated shorter men, but that's because I hate attracting attention.

That's how 90% of girls think....

When I danced with taller girls, their eyes never stopped wandering left and right.... why? because they were checking if any of their friends are looking at us. I am only 5'3 so I've noticed this so often in the taller girls.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 12 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

When was this study done?

to his Interest."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:24 pm

ValentineWiggin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

Always picking estimations to ask this question, ok .... here a correction: That's how 90% of girls I met think.

Even tho I am sure any study would give a similar number.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ValentineWiggin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

Always picking estimations to ask this question, ok .... here a correction: That's how 90% of girls I met think.

Even tho I am sure any study would give a similar number.

Oh, of course it would. :wink: :wink:

to his Interest."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:32 pm

Anyway ValentineWiggin, I think you don't interact with the outside world a lot other than your bf, WP....what else? workplace?

ayla's view is very very very verrrrrry common regarding this matter - among most women and many men too.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Anyway ValentineWiggin, I think you don't interact with the outside world a lot other than your bf, WP....what else? workplace?

ayla's view is very very very verrrrrry common regarding this matter - among most women and many men too.

Nah, I just am interested in the data being cited when I see specific percentages mentioned,
let alone people making categorical declarations.

No amount of interpersonal interaction is scientific, because of numerous psychological biases of the individual, and there's also absolutely no reason to think their experiences are representative.

to his Interest."

ayla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2012, 4:36 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

When I danced with taller girls, their eyes never stopped wandering left and right.... why? because they were checking if any of their friends are looking at us. I am only 5'3 so I've noticed this so often in the taller girls.

I don't think 90% of girls are super tall.
what I meant is: I feel awkward when I'm with shorter people in general, because that makes me feel like a giant. I don't discriminate against shorter guys because they are short, but because they don't camouflage me. I wouldn't have this problem if I wasn't tall.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:38 pm

ayla wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

what I meant is: I feel awkward when I'm with shorter people in general, because that makes me feel like a giant. I don't discriminate against shorter guys because they are short, but because they don't camouflage me. I wouldn't have this problem if I wasn't tall.

Yeah. This type of projecting preferences onto other people based on pre-conceived biases is kind of what I was referring to, actually.

The times I went to dances, I was looking around to check if people were looking, true,
because I was freaking dancing with someone, and that was exciting.

You never actually know what other people are thinking. :wink:

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 12 Oct 2012, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2012, 4:39 pm

Nope, I don't care what she looks like. I will not date a woman taller than me.

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:44 pm

ayla wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ayla wrote:

It doesn't matter what's your reason or what any girl's reason, the outcome is the same.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Maerlyn138 wrote:
Nope, I don't care what she looks like. I will not date a woman taller than me.

Curious- is it a matter of mechanics, then?

I've been with people who were so much taller than me that we couldn't kiss while doing other things. If ya know what I mean.

to his Interest."