Is it easy for you to start relationships?

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is it easy for you to start relationships
Yes 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
Yes 7%  7%  [ 9 ]
no 37%  37%  [ 47 ]
no 37%  37%  [ 47 ]
dunno, never tried 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
dunno, never tried 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 126

alex
Developer
Developer

20 Jul 2005, 9:21 am

I didn't really have a relationship until senior year of high school but we broke up because I'm going away to college. I had always had problems getting relationships until recently. I hope I won't have any trouble at college.

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 12:28 pm

No, most definitely not - on the off chance I'm actually interested in a guy, I can't even look him in the eye (let alone, talk to him) unless I've tossed back a few alcoholic beverages. That said, it's a tad hard to start a relationship if there's never anyone to start one *with*... :roll:

~Steve Jobs

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 12:34 pm

i find it DEAD easy to start relationships. trouble is, i consider a relationship to be a bit more than someone inserting bits of themselves into you, and then jiggling them about for a couple of minutes, unlike these particular blokes. too choosy for my own good, me.

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 1:54 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! !! !
ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I drive a 2004 Acura TL, a beautiful 93' SR5 Toyota 4x4 that I customized, both of which stand out quite well around here. I stand to inherit quite a real-estate operation and I work hard all the time. Chicks say they dig all that garbage but I think they are full of crap. They don't seem to want workers, they want people who put on the illusion of the "10 cent millionaire". Maybe I am looking in the wrong places....hmmmm. I can't seem to "engage in the decoding of the flamingo dance" and I fear eye contact as well. The last couple of girls that were interested in me encountered the heavy sheet of ice that I put up to protect myself from a danger that no longer exists... (Highschool). I am fuct from top to bottom but I still live believing that I will get over alot of the hurdles and find someone. I have a couple of friends that found girls with amazing personalities. They were just as pathetic as me if not worse so they remain as living examples that it CAN be done.

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 1:58 pm

I cannot start relationships. Additionally, I make it difficult for someone else to "make the first move" because when you won't touch anyone, it looks like there's no potential.

(("Looks like" being the key words. I'm in a relationship now- I made the second or third move, but not the first, though.))

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 2:05 pm

I have no trouble with deep relationships. It's the everyday stuff that drives me nuts.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 2:51 pm

Yes, I have problems starting an relationship. It is hard for me to make the right move.

rumio
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2005, 3:13 pm

is this a serious question?

-----------------------------------------------------------

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 3:35 pm

For me....

It's easy to meet a girl. It's dam near impossible to turn a prospect into a relationship. I don't make the first move because I worry that it will be mis-timed, and I can't tell what a girl wants . . . friends, more-than-friends, relationship, etc. So I do nothing and they get tired of waiting for me.

nayashi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2005, 3:37 pm

Person A: "Shani, will you go out with me?"
Me: "Okay."

1 Hour later...

Me: *starts freaking out*

The next day...

Me: "I'M SORRY PERSON A BUT YOU ARE REALLY COOL AND I LIKE YOU A LOT BUT THIS IS SCARY LET'S JUST BE FRIENDS."
Person A: *usually ends up hating me*
Me: *feels really really really really bad*

The next day...

Me: "Please don't be mad at me, maybe something could happen. Just not right now, okay?
Person A: "Um, okay. When?"
Me: "Uhh..."
Person A: *usually thinks I have agreed to become girlfriend*
Me: *oh sh-t*

The next day...

Me: *decides to go along with it and thinks -okay maybe this won't be so bad stop freaking out-*
Person A: *usually tries to hold my hand*
Me: *screams* "DON'T TOUCH ME." *runs away*

The next day...

Me: "I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND I NEVER WAS NO DON'T TOUCH ME GET AWAY FROM ME AAAAAHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHH

AHHHHH

One hour later...

Me: *posts angst in LiveJournal and never speaks to Person A again*

The End!

hell_grey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2005, 5:51 pm

all the guys who have tried to "court" me, with the exception of one, were completely overzealous and made me want to skin myself after our date. i hate when people are TOO obvious. it creeps me out. O_O maybe partly because i feel like they are too into me for not really knowing about me. i always feel like they wouldn't like me if they really "knew" me. wow that made me sound like a b***h but i just feel weird when guys come on too strong. they didn't really do anything wrong i guess......

SINsister
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 6:00 pm

hell_grey wrote:
i always feel like they wouldn't like me if they really "knew" me.

Hehehe - I hear ya! I'm looking for guys who'd like me in spite of myself. I think those types of people are known as "saints". :roll:

~Steve Jobs

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 8:11 pm

SINsister wrote:
hell_grey wrote:
i always feel like they wouldn't like me if they really "knew" me.

Hehehe - I hear ya! I'm looking for guys who'd like me in spite of myself. I think those types of people are known as "saints". :roll:

Oh, we exist and aren't saints, but we are generally overlooked.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2005, 9:01 pm

I find it easy... problem is keeping it lasting especially as far as interest.

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jul 2005, 10:51 pm

I have only had 2 relationships and they were with people I knew ahead of time and was good friends with. So I don't know if its easy for me to start relationships. I do, however, know that it is hard for me to make new friends and change my routine to include people I care about.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 1:29 am

No, because I have never been in one. I am fourteen, and so my peers think of me as a freak.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.