What type of people you attract/ What you don't attract.

Page 6 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 5:37 pm

In the past I tended to attract manipulative women who weren't truly interested in me.Now,I don't give those types a second thought.At the first sign of disinterest I am gone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 5:41 pm

I seem to attract a lot of people obsessed with paranormal topics, religious fanatics, or people that want to involve in a shady multi-level marketing scheme.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 6:00 pm

I attract
-nerdy/geeky guys
-friendly extroverts
-some smart extroverted jocks, and I don't know why
-many manipulative guys
-flirts
-men old enough to be my grandpa
-guys who play video games and do drugs

I don't attract
-book smart introverted guys
-emo guys
-guys in a popular crowd
-rich guys

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 6:51 pm

I realised today (probably after seeing this thread at the top again) that I seem to attract boyfriends, potential partners and platonic friends of both sexes who are hyper-critical towards me. People who try to make me feel wrong for liking things I like, nag, make helpful suggestions that are actually quite rude, pressurise me, try to change me, and make me feel like I am never good enough.

Then after it all ends I'm devastated as I feel I ruined things and it is all my fault they went off with someone else. If only I could have been better they'd still be there.

Unfortunately after my upbringing I do have the constant fear of never being good enough and I seem to attract, and be attracted to, people who confirm this. I'm annoyed it has taken me so long to realise I keep getting myself into these unhealthy situations. But now I need to figure out why I do it. The only thing I do wrong is feel attracted to such people in the first place!

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 7:13 pm

Married bi-sexual men who want to use me as their experiment/outlet.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2013, 7:27 pm

ATTRACT
* The majority of them are extremely wealthy professional men - doctors, lawyers etc (UK earnings £80k-£100k in their late 50s). I'm 36 - I know it sounds ungrateful as there would be lots of women who like these sorts, but I am only sexually attracted to people around my own age or slightly younger.
* I also attract a large number of barely literate, obese men who get very angry when I turn them down.
* Young men in their early 20s (mostly students), who I hypothesis wish to get "experience" with an older woman.
* Whilst I'm walking about in the streets, drunks and tramps often try to grab me
* A surprising number of transvestites and transexuals. I am not usually attracted to them but I have made friends with some of them. They understand what it is to feel like an outsider on the dating scene.
* Much younger women late teens to early 20s - some of them quite physically attractive - they are usually quite liberal with the compliments, but they are too young for my tastes. (I am bi but I am more attracted to men than women overall).
* BDSM men who want to spank me - eek! Not my thing.
* Couples who wish to have a threesome. Definitely not my thing
* Goths
* Extremely conservative Muslim men.

DONT ATTRACT
* Usually, that which I like which is a shy genius (or just pretty damn smart) scientist slightly geeky man or for women I like the super-witty sassy type.
* Usually, people my own age

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm

I am attracted to females, but I tend to attract males. I am white and most of the men I attract are black. I am quiet and most of the people I attract seem to be outgoing. They also seem to be skeevy, but that could just be my interpretation of them.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

24 Feb 2013, 7:46 pm

Quote:
Seems like the more stupid a woman is, the less chance I have.

Seems like it's the opposite for me. Or maybe "dumber" women are less subtle in their flirting and less sophisticated socially, which both work in my favor.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2013, 8:18 pm

balletnerd wrote:
ATTRACT
* The majority of them are extremely wealthy professional men - doctors, lawyers etc (UK earnings £80k-£100k in their late 50s). I'm 36 - I know it sounds ungrateful as there would be lots of women who like these sorts, but I am only sexually attracted to people around my own age or slightly younger.
* I also attract a large number of barely literate, obese men who get very angry when I turn them down.
* Young men in their early 20s (mostly students), who I hypothesis wish to get "experience" with an older woman.
* Whilst I'm walking about in the streets, drunks and tramps often try to grab me
* A surprising number of transvestites and transexuals. I am not usually attracted to them but I have made friends with some of them. They understand what it is to feel like an outsider on the dating scene.
* Much younger women late teens to early 20s - some of them quite physically attractive - they are usually quite liberal with the compliments, but they are too young for my tastes. (I am bi but I am more attracted to men than women overall).
* BDSM men who want to spank me - eek! Not my thing.
* Couples who wish to have a threesome. Definitely not my thing
* Goths
* Extremely conservative Muslim men.

DONT ATTRACT
* Usually, that which I like which is a shy genius (or just pretty damn smart) scientist slightly geeky man or for women I like the super-witty sassy type.
* Usually, people my own age
You seem to attract a lot of people.That's one positive thing.I don't seem to attract that many or perhaps I attract more than I realize but I am oblivious to any possible interest.

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2013, 3:54 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
I don't seem to attract that many or perhaps I attract more than I realize but I am oblivious to any possible interest.
^^^this for sure!
I think though it is hard for even NT's to know if someone is attracted to them or not. I recently thought someone was attracted to me (a long-time friend of the family) and even my mom (who is NT) thought she was attracted to me, but she turned me down flat. :(

EQ=15 (low) SQ=27 (average)
Alexithymia Quiz=128/185 (high)
Enneagram type: 5 ("The Investigator")

Growlithe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2013, 2:47 pm

Funny how its easier to name people that are not attracted to you...

I Attact...

-Girls who are attracted to me

-Girls who are non-conformists

-ManEating Sharks, Lions, Bears

I do NOT attract

-Big Black Girls (I guess opposites don't attact}

-Basketball Players

-Any girl who is not attracted to me

-Girls who don't like short white guys (probably basketball players)

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2013, 4:16 am

Quote:
You seem to attract a lot of people.That's one positive thing.

I guess it would be for people who favour quantity of interest rather than quality! Its like the Benny Hill show sketch gone badly wrong.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 4:52 am

IRL:When i sit and wait for a buss or a train, i attract people who are odd and openminded. I have no problem with that.

On dating sites:, i get contacted by single moms with 497934782479 screaming kids (i have sensory issues and i'd rather commit seppuku than to have a kid), halfwitts who smoke/do drugs and think that all men are ok with that.

What i do not attract on dating sites: Serious girls/women who want a serious relationship and that i can be in the same room with.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2013, 8:36 pm

I attract:

-Hipster women {I kid you not.}

-Teenage girls who mistake me for a teenager, but get angry when I tell them my age and tell them to go away
{I kid you not either.}

-Gay men

-Women who smoke

-Flirts

-Conspiracy Theorists

I don't attract:

-Any girl who's not attracted to me

-People my own age

-Liberals

-Introverts

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2013, 6:17 am

In my youth I attracted the bad boys - thought I was cool, but ended up being mind numbingly bored, and outgrew the type.
Then I thought I liked traditional and clever guys - and the same thing happened.
I've been happy for years with my partner, who is a mix of everything I like best. Being a muso, he is often onstage doing muso things, so I spend the evening semi-solo.

But the recurring bane of my life - in every age and scenario - is Party Guy.
You know the one - trying to focus his way through the crowd, staggering a bit.
Everyone else seems to emit Party Guy repellent except me, so he rebounds like a sodden pinball straight for me, sloshes his drink on my foot, and utters, having dropped most of his consonants en route, "Yawannadance?"

There is no avoiding him, he takes the words "When hell freezes over" as gracious acceptance, grabs my arm and lurches onto the dance floor.
I have found the only escape is to grin weakly, twirl and jig a bit, and thrust him into some other poor dancer's arms.
Then head for the bar like a rabid stoat.
Does anyone else always get Party Guy?

crystalc1973
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

Historically I have a great proclivity for attracting men I am either repelled by or feel nothing for. Guys I wanted never wanted me. They would tell me right to my face "I"m not attracted to you." This made me feel repulsive and I nicknamed myself "the man repellent". Convinced at the age of twenty that I was destined to die alone with fifty cats or something, I dated, got impregnated by and married the first guy who was not completely ugly who showed any interest in me even though I was never in love with him. The marriage produced four kids and lasted thirteen years but ended in divorce. Literally days after my husband threw me out, I met the man of my dreams, who I am married to today. He is gorgeous looking and we both felt strong attraction to each other from the minute we met. Perfect a match as he is for me though, my husband falls into the typical criteria pattern of men who like me....financially poor, and has psychological issues, but I don't imagine I would ever find someone else I feel so strongly for that feels the same way so I just accept the bad with the good. I still for the record, attract men I do not find attractive, even though I am married and not interested. I often wonder why it is this way?