Page 2 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

Don't feel too bad OP. I got shot down by a girl with hirsutism, including 3 tufts of hair in her chest. Welcome to the bottom of the barrel, sweetie. No sense in wallowing in despair about it. The sooner you accept it the happier you'll be.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2012, 10:56 pm

Jessicella wrote:
Sorry for the negativity. I feel depressed. I wasn't sure if I should post this under the Love and Dating or the Haven because I'm depressed. I thought if I'm gonna tell anyone my issues, it will be on here where maybe people like myself can understand.

Ok. Where do I start? I'm 25 year old female and dating and relationships are hard. I've always been a little developmentally behind in certain ways but ahead of the game in others. I look like and sometimes even act like more like a 15 year old (but not in an immature and stupid sort of way). Last year, I started getting more interested in the love and dating game.

For goodness sakes, I've never even had a real kiss....innocent hugs and kisses on the cheek and that's it. I've been on dates and I surprisingly went to high school prom with a friend through school who was a part time boyfriend lol but I was too distant and didn't care for relationships at the time (remember, being developmentally behind?). But I've basically never had a real proper boyfriend. I had an opportunity in the summer to be in a relationship but I f**** it up.

I do believe I know what love is though. I have had a crush/been in love with someone a couple times in my life time and to me, love and having a crush is the same thing....it's when you really really like someone and get really nervous around them. But I'm indifferent in that way too; I mean, all my friends are constantly "head over heels" for somebody and I just never feel like that way a lot.

I've worked on some of my social problems and have come a long way. But I'm still weird and quirky. I've been doing this online dating thing called plenty of fish for a couple months...not so sure about it. I know OK Cupid has been mentioned on here so I might give that a try.

Also, I've been lying about my age and such recenetly. I've been telling people I'm 19 ( even thought about lying and saying I'm 15 but that's probably stretching it because I do have a job and can drive) because it seems more appropriate. I know it's wrong but I'm sick of people being shocked when I tell them my real age. I seem to click better with younger people anyways and when I used to tell them my real age, they weren't interested anymore. I don't know why people judge you based on your age.

Oh yeah, one last thing, because of my pdd-nos my driving is limited.
I'm sorry this is long. If you read all this, thanks for your patience. I'm not really sure what I'm asking. I'm not asking anything actually, just people who maybe can relate? Or have been in my situation.

Don't feel bad. I'm the same way, and I'm 5 years older than you. Never had a kiss or anything. I think it's actually very common, especially among Aspies. Most people don't like to exactly talk about it in polite society, but you'll find there's lots of aspies in the same boat here

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 6:49 am

At tonight's new year's party, I gave a ride home to a fellow aspie (although more pronounced.) Part of me wanted to skip all politeness and tell him to A) shut up about his obsessive interest, and B) BATHE!! Daily! And wash your clothes often! I had to crack my car windows to air out and his unclean smell is still lingering in my nose now!

I really, really hope that you're not scaring away everyone with similar problems to this guy, because many who are simply have no awareness of it!

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2013, 11:19 am

BlueMax wrote:
At tonight's new year's party, I gave a ride home to a fellow aspie (although more pronounced.) Part of me wanted to skip all politeness and tell him to A) shut up about his obsessive interest, and B) BATHE!! Daily! And wash your clothes often! I had to crack my car windows to air out and his unclean smell is still lingering in my nose now!

I really, really hope that you're not scaring away everyone with similar problems to this guy, because many who are simply have no awareness of it!
lmfao dude vyou should have told him rofl

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2013, 3:28 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin. I think it's awesome :)

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

Vintagegirl wrote:

It must be a relative thing, though. 21 year old virgin, ok. 24 y.o. ok. By the time you get to 30 and beyond though, people start thinking of you as more and more creepy. I'm 30 and virgin, and I may as well tell people 'I eat babies', for the looks they'd give you, if I told them.

Vintagegirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

Adam82 wrote:
Vintagegirl wrote:

It must be a relative thing, though. 21 year old virgin, ok. 24 y.o. ok. By the time you get to 30 and beyond though, people start thinking of you as more and more creepy. I'm 30 and virgin, and I may as well tell people 'I eat babies', for the looks they'd give you, if I told them.

Some people are just idiots, ignore them.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 5:08 pm

I know how you feel about people not believing you when you tell them you're age.

I'm 21 and everyone thinks I'm 14-15 years old. It's annoying but look at it this way - By the time we're in our 40's everyone will think that we're in our 20's!

It sucks now but you'll love it later on in life.

I wouldn't worry about being a virgin or that you haven't had your first kiss. There is no standard age when people should have experienced both of those things by now. Everyone is different.

If you really want to get over the nervousness that you may feel, there are many different ways that you can practice socializing. I used to go to coffee shops and bookstores all the time when I was 16-17 just to work on approaching people I didn't know and talking to them - eventually graduating to cute girls my age and striking up good convos - getting numbers even.

There's always a lot of things that you can do it just depends on how hard you're willing to work to improve yourself and up your odds of meeting someone.

Jessicella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jan 2013, 5:47 pm

MadeUnderground wrote:
I know how you feel about people not believing you when you tell them you're age.

I'm 21 and everyone thinks I'm 14-15 years old. It's annoying but look at it this way - By the time we're in our 40's everyone will think that we're in our 20's!

It sucks now but you'll love it later on in life.

I wouldn't worry about being a virgin or that you haven't had your first kiss. There is no standard age when people should have experienced both of those things by now. Everyone is different.

If you really want to get over the nervousness that you may feel, there are many different ways that you can practice socializing. I used to go to coffee shops and bookstores all the time when I was 16-17 just to work on approaching people I didn't know and talking to them - eventually graduating to cute girls my age and striking up good convos - getting numbers even.

There's always a lot of things that you can do it just depends on how hard you're willing to work to improve yourself and up your odds of meeting someone.

I know everyone keeps saying to me you will be thankful when you are old but as of now it makes it rather difficult in the dating world as well as my lack of "experience". Nervousness and such is not my issue. I've gotten over that pretty much. I go to Church (try new churches), go to new fitness group classes, and similar things by myself...which I think is pretty brave lol. I'm just indifferent from a lot of people.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

Quote:
I know everyone keeps saying to me you will be thankful when you are old but as of now it makes it rather difficult in the dating world as well as my lack of "experience"

I feel the same, and no, to be honest.... I am not thankful for that now at this age (30).

Jessicella

02 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
I know everyone keeps saying to me you will be thankful when you are old but as of now it makes it rather difficult in the dating world as well as my lack of "experience"

I feel the same, and no, to be honest.... I am not thankful for that now at this age (30).

You're not old lol. So, you're lacking "experience" too?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

Jessicella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

2012 was my true first year of experience in that area; to an extent.

Jessicella

02 Jan 2013, 6:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Jessicella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

2012 was my true first year of experience in that area; to an extent.

so you lost the v-card.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

02 Jan 2013, 6:01 pm

Where do you live? :wink:

Jessicella

02 Jan 2013, 6:02 pm

you talking to me? I live in NC.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

02 Jan 2013, 6:05 pm

Jessicella wrote:
you talking to me? I live in NC.

Too bad. :)

You'll be fine, though, I'm sure. If you're just developmentally behind, you'll get there eventually. Things like lack of experience and virginity are not held against girls to nearly the same extent as they are against guys. Age is. But if you look young, I'm sure you'll be fine. Just don't overlook the shy ones.