Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:46 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
I gathered as much. I know some people hate rejection, but daaaaamn hahaha

Why a rejection by a virgin would be greater (and more 'surprising' and funnier) than a rejection by a non-virgin?

That won't make the OP feels any better.

I personally don't believe it makes any difference, but I figured the offending poster would be more hung up on it than you or I. I guess that's a reportable offence :D no hard feelings, OP. As Boo implies, it really isn't that big a deal.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

Lies, non-virgins really subconsciously think less of virgins.

That what I keep finding out.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:51 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think any less of you, why would I think any less of Jess? Are you just trying to make me look bad or do you really believe I've had a change of character?

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2013, 2:59 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I don't think any less of you, why would I think any less of Jess? Are you just trying to make me look bad or do you really believe I've had a change of character?

I think maybe he was talking about people in general. I think a lot of people do think less of you for being a virgin, especially girls. I think they think that all guys want as much p**** as they can get, so if they can't get any then it means that they are a loser. I don't think it occurs to most of them that a guy might not want to have sex with every girl, or that he might have some higher priority than having lots of sex. But maybe that's not a bad assumption either, because I think a lot of guys are actually like that.

Cuckooflower
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2013, 4:44 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I think maybe he was talking about people in general. I think a lot of people do think less of you for being a virgin, especially girls. I think they think that all guys want as much p**** as they can get, so if they can't get any then it means that they are a loser. I don't think it occurs to most of them that a guy might not want to have sex with every girl, or that he might have some higher priority than having lots of sex. But maybe that's not a bad assumption either, because I think a lot of guys are actually like that.

I think a healthy dose of wariness towards men is appropriate for any woman, sadly. Particularly if you don't want to be chatted up and picked up.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm

Jessicella wrote:
Sorry for the negativity. I feel depressed. I wasn't sure if I should post this under the Love and Dating or the Haven because I'm depressed. I thought if I'm gonna tell anyone my issues, it will be on here where maybe people like myself can understand.

Ok. Where do I start? I'm 25 year old female and dating and relationships are hard. I've always been a little developmentally behind in certain ways but ahead of the game in others. I look like and sometimes even act like more like a 15 year old (but not in an immature and stupid sort of way). Last year, I started getting more interested in the love and dating game.

For goodness sakes, I've never even had a real kiss....innocent hugs and kisses on the cheek and that's it. I've been on dates and I surprisingly went to high school prom with a friend through school who was a part time boyfriend lol but I was too distant and didn't care for relationships at the time (remember, being developmentally behind?). But I've basically never had a real proper boyfriend. I had an opportunity in the summer to be in a relationship but I f**** it up.

I do believe I know what love is though. I have had a crush/been in love with someone a couple times in my life time and to me, love and having a crush is the same thing....it's when you really really like someone and get really nervous around them. But I'm indifferent in that way too; I mean, all my friends are constantly "head over heels" for somebody and I just never feel like that way a lot.

I've worked on some of my social problems and have come a long way. But I'm still weird and quirky. I've been doing this online dating thing called plenty of fish for a couple months...not so sure about it. I know OK Cupid has been mentioned on here so I might give that a try.

Also, I've been lying about my age and such recenetly. I've been telling people I'm 19 ( even thought about lying and saying I'm 15 but that's probably stretching it because I do have a job and can drive) because it seems more appropriate. I know it's wrong but I'm sick of people being shocked when I tell them my real age. I seem to click better with younger people anyways and when I used to tell them my real age, they weren't interested anymore. I don't know why people judge you based on your age.

Oh yeah, one last thing, because of my pdd-nos my driving is limited.
I'm sorry this is long. If you read all this, thanks for your patience. I'm not really sure what I'm asking. I'm not asking anything actually, just people who maybe can relate? Or have been in my situation.

and i thought men were far more prone than women are to being late bloomers

BrightEyed
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Mar 2013, 4:33 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Being a virgin doesn't equal being a loser.

It just means you haven't had sexual intercourse with someone.

Unless of course you think a lack of sex equals being a loser, well I'd say thinking that makes you a loser (well, not really, rather silly) and you're a slave to hormones (you only want to have sex because of species propagation after all).

I'm still a virgin and I'm 22. Honestly if you want sex you can get it but you should ask yourself whether or not it's worth putting yourself at risk for pregnancy, std's and sti's. As well as do you know all of your options in birth control and what kind you would personally use. If you can't answer that question then I would say hold back on being sexually active.

Of course I've been told right to my face that if I haven't engaged in Sex I am not fully developed into an adult. WHICH IS A LOT OF BULL CRUD ( I was told by a PSYCH MINOR about my place in all of this). In part because I don't experience sexual attraction based on physical traits to people in a relationship immediately. So yes it's complicated. But honestly I don't think that having sex should be an ultimatum. If it is then you're looking at a relationship in the wrong way.

Out culture within the media does play a role in emphasis this need of sex to have a healthy relationship... but you see things like the AVEN community who don't fall into that overate need of sexual attraction.

I find most people pretty and that's it. However being told that because you haven't had sex means you're not an adult is up there with the self esteem issue that sex determines your happiness. It shouldn't and it's a load of of crud to believe that.

I think most people are above that thinking.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

Jessicella wrote:
Sorry for the negativity. I feel depressed. I wasn't sure if I should post this under the Love and Dating or the Haven because I'm depressed. I thought if I'm gonna tell anyone my issues, it will be on here where maybe people like myself can understand.

Ok. Where do I start? I'm 25 year old female and dating and relationships are hard. I've always been a little developmentally behind in certain ways but ahead of the game in others. I look like and sometimes even act like more like a 15 year old (but not in an immature and stupid sort of way). Last year, I started getting more interested in the love and dating game.

For goodness sakes, I've never even had a real kiss....innocent hugs and kisses on the cheek and that's it. I've been on dates and I surprisingly went to high school prom with a friend through school who was a part time boyfriend lol but I was too distant and didn't care for relationships at the time (remember, being developmentally behind?). But I've basically never had a real proper boyfriend. I had an opportunity in the summer to be in a relationship but I f**** it up.

I do believe I know what love is though. I have had a crush/been in love with someone a couple times in my life time and to me, love and having a crush is the same thing....it's when you really really like someone and get really nervous around them. But I'm indifferent in that way too; I mean, all my friends are constantly "head over heels" for somebody and I just never feel like that way a lot.

I've worked on some of my social problems and have come a long way. But I'm still weird and quirky. I've been doing this online dating thing called plenty of fish for a couple months...not so sure about it. I know OK Cupid has been mentioned on here so I might give that a try.

Also, I've been lying about my age and such recenetly. I've been telling people I'm 19 ( even thought about lying and saying I'm 15 but that's probably stretching it because I do have a job and can drive) because it seems more appropriate. I know it's wrong but I'm sick of people being shocked when I tell them my real age. I seem to click better with younger people anyways and when I used to tell them my real age, they weren't interested anymore. I don't know why people judge you based on your age.

Oh yeah, one last thing, because of my pdd-nos my driving is limited.
I'm sorry this is long. If you read all this, thanks for your patience. I'm not really sure what I'm asking. I'm not asking anything actually, just people who maybe can relate? Or have been in my situation.

I have the same story and problems, sister --- and I am already 28. Welcome to the club.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2013, 11:24 am

pisses me off even more that i can't change the past