Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2013, 5:10 am

I ran into an old crush yesterday. I saw her and her husband (I had a crush on her when she was still single) walking toward me and she didn't seem to notice me. I said hello and she seemed surprised, but friendly. We chatted briefly... Maybe about a minute. I got the feeling she didn't know what to say or else just had nothing to say to me, so I said good bye and continued on my way.

She was a client of mine about 5 or so years ago and whenever we worked together, I felt we got along quite well. Frankly I sort felt we were a bit like an old married couple. We would argue and exchange friendly jabs. She is one of two women I have known that I truly regret not being able to be closer to. Yet this brief encounter made me feel like she had never really thought much of me to begin with.

I'm pretty much over falling in love or wanting a relationship and yet some of the feelings from the past still have the power to really knock the wind out of me.

Maybe a year ago, a friend and I were looking at some old out takes from a film we made more than 25 years ago. In the footage, a girl I had a crush on walks into the shot and kisses my friend. They have been married for many years now and are two of my closest friends. And yet seeing that shot felt like getting kicked in the guts.

I have no jealousy for the happiness of others. I wouldn't want to change the way things have worked out because they have worked out well for people I care about. But I guess my point here is that even though it's been many years and I don't spend a lot of time dwelling on the past, it's surprising how painful memories can be.

MissCAP
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jan 2013, 10:32 am

I'm sure that you meant something to her, it's just she is married and probably didn't know how to handle seeing someone that she had a crush on. ? You don't have that kind of friendship/closeness and not feel something for someone, I promise.
Don't ever give up on love. It will happen for you. I believe that everything happens for a reason and God has a plan. Keep the faith my friend.

Curious, did your friend know that you had a crush on that girl? My sister used to go after any guy that I said was even cute, so annoying it was. I mean, that's great that they are happily married and you're a super great guy for being happy as well. Shows your character :)

Memories can be very painful. I agree. I hope that we can take the memories, the lessons and use them for the greater good to better our own lives. Good luck :)