Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:15 am

hyperlexian wrote:
i feel compared to share the factoid that the chickadee says 'chickadee' as an alarm call and the bird adds more 'dees' on the end if the danger is really bad to warn its mates. so if there is something really scary it says 'chickadeedeedeedeedeedeedeedeedeedeedee' or whatever. i love them. they're really cute. i discussed it on a WP video once.

on the subject of the dates, the concept of multiple dates with various people who you may not have chemistry with is mystifying to me. online dating seems rather similar to blind dates, except you're seeing a profile and talking at least a bit. do you think there is any value in getting to know people really well online first before bothering to meet in person? that worked for me, but not everyone likes that

I talk with them on phone/voice for a while but i prefer to not waste too much time on that and find out later there's no mutual attraction or something off; I've tried your way twice hypster and it wasted my time.

This one was bit fast (4 days) but euh, well... let's see.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This sh// is getting costly and repetitively boring :(

Hey Boo hope this one's a keeper :) and just use your imagination, I guess. I know Lebanon's a v. different place from the UK but there has to be a few free things you can do (and no not THAT, that comes later! :D )

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ country XD

Personally, I think you need to do a bit more sambool-swinging than you're probably doing already. Perhaps you could up the sleaze a notch? ;)

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

Lebanon no longer good enough, eh? Time to widen the horizon. :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 10:43 am

MCalavera wrote:
Lebanon no longer good enough, eh? Time to widen the horizon. :lol:

Cyprus is apparently on the hit list.

I guarantee you he'll be able to get a shag in Ayia Napa.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 12:31 pm

Let's give this date a chance before widing anything :lol:

Macdo, the only thing I changed is age and experience / I no longer want to go for 23-24 girls nor with girls with extensiveexperience (were into short terms and flings) - I find myself clicking with girls 26+ with few long-term exp to none far better (not surprising); and of course, as before, with only who would tolerate atheists.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

and oh, this date is 30 years old pharamcist (and second majoring in Law), introvert, humurous, shy and fairly secular.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 10 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 1:36 pm

Sounds promising... good luck. Have a nice walk in the park with a treat or beverage...?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 1:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and oh, this date is 30 years old pharamcist, introvert, humurous, shy and fairly sucelar.

mwaffa2 :D

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 2:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and oh, this date is 30 years old pharamcist, introvert, humurous, shy and fairly sucelar.

Yeah, but all we want to know is: does she have nice--

*SLAP*

OW! Sorry.

*cries*

"sucelar" - Have you been drinking or is that a Freudian slip? ;)

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

Well just to chime in!

I've a Date on Saturday night too :D

And for a nice change it's not a girl I've met in a bar or online, Instead it's one of the rare Good Looking Scottish Ginger girls :O

Met her a long time ago, flirted with her when I served her table and left it at that. Accidentally bumped into her at her work, She dropped a few hints that she was single. Few Messages later, Dinner Date on Sat night. 8)

C'mon First date of the new year!

Good look Boo.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2013, 2:58 pm

My dating experience is entirely with women from western countries.

The couple times I have ever tried hitting on an Arab girl I ended up very concerned I was going to be murdered. Seriously. There is a Tunisian girl I met in France who looks like Penenlope Cruz minus the weird nose that I consider my "One Who Got Away". She was in law school and I always saw her when she was waiting tables in her parents bar. I have never felt so strongly in my life that another man was biding his time for the perfect chance to kill me.

And of course, that family was a fairly assimilated, westernized group. So . . . if they were a little more old country, I think I might have actually at least gotten a solid beatdown.

BTW, I'm a blond white boy from Appalachia, white trash son of a machinist and a waitress. So, I was really wading into waters where I don't belong.

My point? I appreciate the values conflict when you ask about my generalizing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 3:26 pm

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yeah, but all we want to know is: does she have nice--

*SLAP*

OW! Sorry.

*cries*

"sucelar" - Have you been drinking or is that a Freudian slip? ;)

That was an iPhone slip

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 4:07 pm

MrEGuy wrote:

The couple times I have ever tried hitting on an Arab girl I ended up very concerned I was going to be murdered. Seriously. There is a Tunisian girl I met in France who looks like Penenlope Cruz minus the weird nose that I consider my "One Who Got Away". She was in law school and I always saw her when she was waiting tables in her parents bar. I have never felt so strongly in my life that another man was biding his time for the perfect chance to kill me.

And of course, that family was a fairly assimilated, westernized group. So . . . if they were a little more old country, I think I might have actually at least gotten a solid beatdown.

BTW, I'm a blond white boy from Appalachia, white trash son of a machinist and a waitress. So, I was really wading into waters where I don't belong.

Generally, Tunisians (yes, even those living in their mainland) are the least rigid in those matters, I knew some Tunisiennes who are promiscuous more than any westerner imaginable.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MrEGuy wrote:

Generally, Tunisians (yes, even those living in their mainland) are the least rigid in those matters, I knew some Tunisiennes who are promiscuous more than any westerner imaginable.

Last time I was in Tunisia I was walking on a tour with a co worker that was a blonde woman. 3 cars crashed in the space of a couple of minutes along the busy roads because the drivers were staring at her! The Tunisians definitely know what they like.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jan 2013, 11:57 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

So, the big takeaway here for me is if I couldn't swing the Tunisian girl, don't even bother with any other Arab ladies! Of course, the tough thing when you're the foreigner in a situation is parsing what is cultural, what is familial and what is personal.

I can remember a Pakistani girl I knew from work. She was married and I wasn't pursuing her at all. She wore the full burqa (this was in America, BTW). She was just a really good friend -- in fact, the only person I could stand at that damned job. The one night her husband found out I was giving her a ride home from work and the next day he made her quit the job. Mind you, before that, she was taking the bus at 2am! As an American man, I would much rather a female in the family take a ride at 2am from a trusted friend than sit at a bus stop in the middle of nowhere.

I try very hard to not dwell on those things. I just regret losing a good friend over a cultural misunderstanding.