Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 3:59 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
How do you know he´s using steroids? Even if he does, one heavy cycle of dianabol (if you have someone who can dosage it the right way) will rarely give you more than 10 lbs of muscle..
that's bs...steroids give you 100 percent of the gains in 1/3 the time...heck just by taking vitamin d ans getting my test slightly higher i broke out of a 2 yr plateau....steroids would be unreal.

Much of the weight gain is from water retention. The mr. Olympia contestants use a whole sh1tload of drugs (HGH + insulin, Deca, Winstrol, T3 etc.) -- most amateurs stick with d-bol + Winstrol when cutting.

Thinking that one can give any scrawny boy steroids and have him look like Hulk Hogan in a few weeks is naive. Most bodybuilders who go off-cycle look almost the same (if they do everything right).

I broke out of a plateau in bench press by increasing the duration of the eccentric phase to 3 seconds. This doesn´t mean that 9 seconds would tripple my results.
my point is that that just upping my testosterone a SMALL amount through the introduction of extra vitamin d in my diet(not steroids) broke me out of a 2yr plateau. I had blood work done to prove that my testosterone went up as well. Steroids would help me a crazy amount.

I have no doubt it helped you. Without a high testosterone level, I wouldn´t gain as much muscle as I have either in such a short time. With that being said, many factors should probably be taken into consideration. Doubling the dosage of roids won´t double the results; many amateurs who go from 2 tabs a day to 5 only see a little improvement.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 4:01 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
He's on like more than a gram a week. Was on 50mg Dianabol a day along with that for sometime, too. Definitely not a light cycle.

Doubling the dosage won't double the results. Few people can go over 5 tablets a day without having too much of the testosterone converted into estrogen.

Quote:
That and steroids are actually better than exercise alone for gaining muscle. There's been studies done. Exercise plus steroids is the best combo obviously, but steroids alone will give you more muscle gains than just exercise alone will under the same conditions. Of course strength gains is a different matter, as that's very much neurological, and only a few steroids really do much for instant strength gains, ie, Halotestin.

Steroids without exercise will give you 5 lbs of muscle + water retention. The highest bench press gain I've seen from steroids alone (without exercise) is an 80 lb bench press. I've increased more than 100 lbs in one year (despite going through a period of insomnia and losing some gains in april to pneumonia).

Quote:
It's Wolf's life if he wants to use steroids. He upped his confidence I guess. It's an extreme route to take (especially in standard ridiculous as f**k bodybuilder amounts he was taking) but it did what he wanted. I won't argue it's "hard work" and "determination" but it did get what he wanted done, which some people never have.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHOm89QUchk[/youtube]
This video here sums up the problem of using steroids like that, though. This man sums it all up VERY well, the mentality.

It's his choice. Obviously, it does little damage to a guy in his early 20's, but to people the age of most mr. Olympia winners (it's been a long time since someone under 30 won the title), it's a different matter.
testosterone at the dosages wolfster is taking it at, is neurotoxic. Testosterone at those dosages also shuts you down hard. I would argue it's more toxic at 20 than at 60, since you have so much more to lose at 20. If a bioidentical hormone like testosterone can negatively impact someone, i don't want to think what the actual foreign bodied steroids like dbol will do.

Rumour has it that Ronnie Coleman threw in the towel because the drugs were getting progressively more dangerous when he got closer to 50.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 4:08 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
the problem is that no matter how much we HAVE, we always ruminate over what we HAVE NOT. This is for good reason, as it allows us to never accept defeat until we try 100 percent to get what we want. The thing with me is, i'm usually content with no gf, UNTIL i feel a girl is coming onto me, and then i obsess over her. I might even not obsess in the initial stages bc i dont see her as a challenge, but after i screw it up i start obsessing.

I know, you can't really help how you feel towards someone, but obsessing is still a losing proposition, I think the underlying motive of obsessing is for someone to handle our insecurities.
Someone cancelled a date on me a few weeks ago, and it had been over a year since my last date, I wanted to talk to her more and ask what was going on, but I knew better than to ask more than once, and she chose not to reply. I decided to use the energy on something I actually had control over and just started doing stuff with the electronics I had. I'm better at troubleshooting now than I was a month ago and I'm more interested in what I'm studying. Plus I threw myself into new routines at the gym.
They say don't throw good money after bad money. I say don't throw good effort after a lost cause.

I hear you on the supplements, I took creatine a few years ago, even at .25 x the reccommended dose, I had so much energy I couldn't sleep at least 2 nights out of the week, plus my arms were bigger. I'd rather get my sleep, plus exercise is about being prepared for anything life throws at you, not having big arms, at least that's what it is to me.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 5:35 pm

I don't know about NT women but whether a man has muscles or not is completely irrelevant to me

I find body-builder type muscles an actual turn-off too

I don't respond to the same signs of masculinity that NT women do. I respond more to signs of intelligence

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:17 pm

nessa238 wrote:
I don't know about NT women but whether a man has muscles or not is completely irrelevant to me

I don't respond to the same signs of masculinity that NT women do. I respond more to signs of intelligence

It's not possible to be masculine and smart? Most people I know that are into strength training (not bodybuilders for the most part, though very serious bodybuilders this applies mostly, too) are actually very smart people. http://www.sportivnypress.com/documents/51.html The writer (Bud Charninga) wrote a six section article, and translates entire weightlifting textbooks from Russian. It's just what he chose to be intelligent in. Weightlifting as a sport is VERY intellectual. But I'm not a bodybuilder and don't really "get" bodybuilding myself, the appeal behind it and whatnot. I think most people would rather look like Lu Xiaojun or Ilya Ilyin compared to like, Ronnie Coleman.

But I find it sort of absurd how you're almost talking like someone can "look" intelligent. Does it mean looking like a pretentious hipster? Wearing glasses and being pale? Being 90lbs? What makes someone "look" intelligent? If someone was a 200lb muscular looking Abercrombie model dude, and he started asking you about Greek philosophy or something, would he not "look" intelligent?

I'm sorry, it's a bit of a personal rant of mine. I find lots of people who are "intelligent" seem to have this weird idea of their body just being a container for their brain, and it's simply not the case. So rant over.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:23 pm

What wolf has gained in muscle, strength, and power can be done without steroids, just not as quickly. I have seen it done, and I used to look like a shorter version of him myself, throwing up big weights like a savage, all natural. Steroids are legal or decriminalized in the UK aren't they? Anywho...

Anyways, the OP was good, and so were the other posts. I agree with them almost 100%. A lot of people could benefit from reading your post. Here's to hoping you keep up the good work, cheers!

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

1000Knives wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

It's not possible to be masculine and smart? Most people I know that are into strength training (not bodybuilders for the most part, though very serious bodybuilders this applies mostly, too) are actually very smart people. http://www.sportivnypress.com/documents/51.html The writer (Bud Charninga) wrote a six section article, and translates entire weightlifting textbooks from Russian. It's just what he chose to be intelligent in. Weightlifting as a sport is VERY intellectual. But I'm not a bodybuilder and don't really "get" bodybuilding myself, the appeal behind it and whatnot. I think most people would rather look like Lu Xiaojun or Ilya Ilyin compared to like, Ronnie Coleman.

But I find it sort of absurd how you're almost talking like someone can "look" intelligent. Does it mean looking like a pretentious hipster? Wearing glasses and being pale? Being 90lbs? What makes someone "look" intelligent? If someone was a 200lb muscular looking Abercrombie model dude, and he started asking you about Greek philosophy or something, would he not "look" intelligent?

I'm sorry, it's a bit of a personal rant of mine. I find lots of people who are "intelligent" seem to have this weird idea of their body just being a container for their brain, and it's simply not the case. So rant over.

By looking intelligent I probably mean not being obsessed with appearance

People who are obsessed with their appearance are rarely very intelligent in my experience

I disagree totally that body-builder/gym types are intelligent. They are brawn over brain.

People into fitness/body building never talk about anything else!

You never hear them discuss anything intellectual because this is never their focus

And the body is basically a container for the brain - the brain is the controlling part

How on earth is weight-lifting intellectual??

It's just an obsession for some people and in my opinion a very boring one!

All the more boring for the masses and masses of posts you get about it on WP!

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:12 pm

nessa238 wrote:

People who are obsessed with their appearance are rarely very intelligent in my experience

I disagree totally that body-builder/gym types are intelligent. They are brawn over brain.

You never hear them discuss anything intellectual because this is never their focus

And the body is basically a container for the brain - the brain is the controlling part

I'm a pretty heavy weightlifter, but I go about it in kind of an ASish way. I workout at a 24 hr. gym late at night when no one is around like 3 times a week. No one ever watches me lift, and I don't talk about it much either or view hardly any fitness related material on the internet. I also don't be very careful what I eat, and I don't take any supplements besides a couple vitamins.

I agree that people are funny who are super-obsessed with working out 4-6 times a week, taking supplements, eating perfectly, etc. Video games are way better. lol

Last edited by Venger on 09 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:16 pm

Venger wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

I'm a pretty heavy weightlifter, but I go about it in kind of an ASish way. I workout at a 24 hr. gym late at night when no one is around like 3 times a week. No one ever watches me lift, and I don't talk about it much either. I also don't be very careful what I eat, and I don't take any supplements besides a couple vitamins.

I agree that people are funny who are super-obsessed with working out 4-6 times a week, taking supplements, eating perfectly, etc. Video games are way better. lol

Nope, lifting is more fun than video games. Unfortunately video games are easier.

IrishTusk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm

nessa238 wrote:

Firstly am going to say I can't stand body building. I don't see the point in aiming for Hypertrophy and not functional strength. That's why I do strength training.

But seriously, take a deep breath and read what you wrote, Do you have any idea who stupid and stuck up you're sounding by saying people who are smart enough to look after their health and body consistently are all immediately thick?

I can see why you say it's an obsession for some people, and I personally would sooner eat fast food all day and hit 30 stone than touch steroids, yet you're going too far by saying we're all brawn over brain.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:27 pm

1000Knives wrote:

Nope, lifting is more fun than video games. Unfortunately video games are easier.

That's probably true for somebody that only plays Xbox. lol

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:30 pm

Venger wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

True, I play no PC games. I don't like playing games online, though. Too many people. Lifting has less people. Nice almost solitary activity.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 9:36 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Venger wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

True, I play no PC games. I don't like playing games online, though. Too many people. Lifting has less people. Nice almost solitary activity.

I don't play any PC games either. Mainly Sony PS3 and Nintendo Wii-U, 3DS. Single-player is usually better than online too.

My lifting is completely solitary(usually). NTs are weird how they prefer lifting with a bunch of other people present.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm

nessa238 wrote:

Negative. The most successful bodybuilders are the ones smart enough to understand nutrition, sleep, and the assorted technical aspects of weights, of which there are many. There are many ways to apply intelligence to bodybuilding as a whole.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 10:54 pm

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

Negative. The most successful bodybuilders are the ones smart enough to understand nutrition, sleep, and the assorted technical aspects of weights, of which there are many. There are many ways to apply intelligence to bodybuilding as a whole.
to be honest the best bodybuilders have the best genetics and steroids...diet and hard work are secondary to those things.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 11:02 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

to be honest the best bodybuilders have the best genetics and steroids...diet and hard work are secondary to those things.

You still gotta be smart enough to know how to not die of steroids before age 30. Also, the ones that are very smart know how to use less drugs for more results. Dorian Yates for example, (at least he claims) was on the same amount as Wolfheart except for the amount of GH he took. Smart people in general know how to do things most efficiently. Any idiot can do something inefficiently, all invention is basically culminated in the idea of trying to accomplish a task more efficiently in some way.

Also, what about the weightlifters who become kinesiologists and doctors and whatnot? Dummies?