The Dating Game: What I've learned from WP Love&Dating

Page 2 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 7:49 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
So after being inspired by Boo to get out in the dating world, I had a good month to think about everything that has developed as a means and what is useful.

In dating

- Dating is a numbers game, rejection is a given, trial and error happens, take every approach as if it doesn't mean anything to you and develop a positive attitude.
- NT's see a white lie as being better than the truth, don't publicly date someone until you are ready to really put all your eggs in one basket, especially if you are seeing different girls.
- It's hard to be a challenge when you are socially desperate, so avoid that at all costs, be a challenge.
- Getting laid or having a romantic fling doesn't mean that it's going to be a good relationship. Just because you have gotten through the first few dates successfully, don't assume you can revert into being the old you, remain active
- Image is important, so is first impression. Finding acceptance or developing a relationship over a longer time can be the greater of the two but more rare so knowing first impressions is important.
- Dating is again down to multi level marketing, like anything as such as the job market or selling something on eBay. You can boost your products through multi level marketing as an unknown connection in a job or sales market which can help but won't help as good as being connected in that sales market, for instance being connected in the sales market like the fashion world is the equivalent to having a big circle of friends.

Personal
- That I need to be more sensitive, empathetic and caring towards others when necessary and that I need to control my mood swings.
- Girls still don't get me on a personal level including my best friend who is a girl..maybe girls just don't get us guys on the spectrum.

So are you going steady with someone now then or still playing the field?

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm

noone has gone steady since the days of the brady bunch

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

wtfid2 wrote:

Lol you get the gist

What's the hip word on the streets for it among the young folk these days then?

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:48 pm

nessa238 wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

Lol you get the gist

"That thing old people used to do."

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 8:53 pm

Shau wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

Lol you get the gist

"That thing old people used to do."

I don't use the term 'going steady' myself, I just used it to describe the concept of seeing one person rather than dating a variety of people/playing the field

People who get hung up on how cool or uncool a person's terminology is are notoriously unlucky in love in my experience
as they clearly demonstrate their shallowness and worthwhile people of any depth tend to steer well clear :)

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 2:28 am

i think ''seeing each other'' is what the cool young people say now....or they may say ''so you and i are f*****g right?''

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 4:01 am

MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:
I just hate this so much. I can't relate to anything you said. The "socially desperate" thing really gets to me. I'm 27 and I've never any friends or girl/women ever interested in me.

All I want is for people to like, respect, and treat me normal. How I am supposed to not appear "socially desperate"?

Help yourself first and you will get help from others.
To quote the book, How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie: "you can make friends easier in two months by being genuinely interested in them than in two years by convincing people to be interested in you." That is all the help I have to offer you at this time.

I don't need any help.

What I need are friends that respect me and treat me as normal as long I'm being nice to them. People who actually want to go places and have no problem being seen with me in public. I'm tired of being lonely and spending nearly everyday for the past 7 years locked up in my house

That's the trouble here, you don't want any help and you are being resilient towards those who try to help you or offer you advice. If you're not going to listen, you're not going to find help. As I said, I have created threads in the past about presentation, grooming, body language and image in the past. You have good genetics for physical work and weightlifting, I made friends through training and sports and being more active definitely gave me confidence.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 6:44 am

wtfid2 wrote:
i think ''seeing each other'' is what the cool young people say now....or they may say ''so you and i are f***ing right?''

Another phrase I heard when I was younger was 'walking out with' Lol

'going steady' is an Americanism though - I probably only used it as there are a lot of Americans on this board
I've never used it myself elsewhere.

Last edited by nessa238 on 09 Feb 2013, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 6:48 am

Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:
I just hate this so much. I can't relate to anything you said. The "socially desperate" thing really gets to me. I'm 27 and I've never any friends or girl/women ever interested in me.

All I want is for people to like, respect, and treat me normal. How I am supposed to not appear "socially desperate"?

To quote the book, How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie: "you can make friends easier in two months by being genuinely interested in them than in two years by convincing people to be interested in you." That is all the help I have to offer you at this time.

I don't need any help.

What I need are friends that respect me and treat me as normal as long I'm being nice to them. People who actually want to go places and have no problem being seen with me in public. I'm tired of being lonely and spending nearly everyday for the past 7 years locked up in my house

That's the trouble here, you don't want any help and you are being resilient towards those who try to help you or offer you advice. If you're not going to listen, you're not going to find help. As I said, I have created threads in the past about presentation, grooming, body language and image in the past. You have good genetics for physical work and weightlifting, I made friends through training and sports and being more active definitely gave me confidence.

I think what MR20 is saying is that it isn't a level playing field ie you have more advantages so it's all a lot easier for you in the first place.

If you were MR20 you would probably feel the same way as he does.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

nessa238 wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:
i think ''seeing each other'' is what the cool young people say now....or they may say ''so you and i are f***ing right?''

'going steady' is an Americanism though - I probably only used it as there are a lot of Americans on this board
i havent heard that one before. I think ''an item'' is an older one as well. i think people now adays just say , ''we are together, we are seeing each other, we're dating, she's my f**k buddy, we're going out''.

i can't be sure though as unfortunately im single

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:53 am

Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:

I don't need any help.

i dont think resilient is used correctly here..it means able to bounce back unaffected from trauma. I think you mean resistant.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 7:59 am

wtfid2 wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
wtfid2 wrote:

i havent heard that one before. I think ''an item'' is an older one as well. i think people now adays just say , ''we are together, we are seeing each other, we're dating, she's my f**k buddy, we're going out''.

i can't be sure though as unfortunately im single

Seeing someone is just a different set of problems

I've been made out to be stupid earlier due to not understanding an explanation of something
that wasn't being explained very well

Then I get 'I love you but you're hard work'- Oh so it's my fault for having a defective brain?!

None of this has made me feel very good about myself so I'm now stuffing myself with corn chips
which will make me fatter then I'll probably get blamed for being fat at some point!

The grass isn't always greener on the other side believe me!

There's downsides to being with someone just as there are to being single

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:22 am

nessa238 wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:

I don't need any help.

I think what MR20 is saying is that it isn't a level playing field ie you have more advantages so it's all a lot easier for you in the first place.

Not necessarily because I have made great efforts to achieve what I did. For instance, I went to college and although at first I had trouble making friends, got into fights and whatnot, I persevered and made several friends. I can drive, it took me several attempts to pass my test but I can drive, I didn't just let the first obstacle get to me. I started out with no friends and an outcast.

Me as a 130lb awkward, shy and skinny teenage boy.

I'm almost a hundred pounds heavier now and I feel like I have achieved a lot just through willpower and determination. So yes, you can improve yourself and set your mind on goals over time.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:26 am

Wolfheart wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:

I don't need any help.

Not necessarily because I have made great efforts to achieve what I did. For instance, I went to college and although at first I had trouble making friends, got into fights and whatnot, I persevered and made several friends. I can drive, it took me several attempts to pass my test but I can drive, I didn't just let the first obstacle get to me. I started out with no friends and an outcast.

I'm almost a hundred pounds heavier now and I feel like I have achieved a lot just through willpower and determination. So yes, you can improve yourself and set your mind on goals over time.
lol dude post that on fb..it would be funny.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:26 am

Wolfheart wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
MR20 wrote:
aspiemike wrote:
MR20 wrote:

I don't need any help.

I see the point you are making

I find the 'before' photo of you nicer in a way though - you look more down to earth and approachable and cuter

But presumably less appealing to the average NT

I'm not interested in appealing to NTs myself, I don't know about MR20 though

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:30 am

I relate to men who look more like your 'before' photo than the 'after' one, which makes sense as your after photo is far more
of an NT look

Aspies often don't even bother with getting a 'look' - we are as we are - people can take it or leave it

Isn't looking too NT going to possibly put off aspie women who might be a better match for you or is it mainly NT females you are
after anyway?