Page 4 of 13 [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

ColdEyesWarmHeart
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 477
Location: 51° North

09 Feb 2013, 10:51 am

hanyo wrote:
You can be mad and creeped out at the same time.

I hate when people do that to me. I just don't want to be bothered by random strangers on the street. With stuff like that especially (catcalls and come-ons) I then have to worry that any positive response on my part would be taken as interest and a negative response or lack of response could lead to my getting harassed.

When I was in my teens I found things like that to be complimentary and an ego boost after many years of being bullied and hated and told I was ugly in school but I quickly got over that and just started seeing it as sexual harassment.


I'm the same. I'd be quite scared if a man I didn't know starting making sex noises at me, and he'd get my best "get the eff away from me NOW" look. The last thing I would do is show him I was scared or upset.

Of course I'd then be prepared to be called all variations of ugly, stuck-up & whore-ish as I walked away.

Is the OP for real or is this some kind of obscure wind-up?



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

09 Feb 2013, 1:23 pm

Yuugiri wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
How do you know they don't find you creepy???

Because they're "angry" not "scared" or "creeped out", and billiscool apparently has the ability to read minds.

:roll:


I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp. the lady was probaly thinking ''who this jerk''.
you need to realize that some men are just annoying, jerk, idiots around women (like me in this one incident)
but not always creepy. sound like right wingers, everything that don't like is always liberal.
''yeah muslim,atheist,gays,fascist are left wing liberal and all the same''



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

09 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

hanyo wrote:
You can be mad and creeped out at the same time.

I hate when people do that to me. I just don't want to be bothered by random strangers on the street. With stuff like that especially (catcalls and come-ons) I then have to worry that any positive response on my part would be taken as interest and a negative response or lack of response could lead to my getting harassed.

When I was in my teens I found things like that to be complimentary and an ego boost after many years of being bullied and hated and told I was ugly in school but I quickly got over that and just started seeing it as sexual harassment.


well, you know what at least I actual did something legit to get a woman pissed off. and you can just say hi to a woman and she could find you creepy. so in my incident, i really did something to piss off a woman.



Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,049
Location: Washington

09 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp. the lady was probaly thinking ''who this jerk''.
you need to realize that some men are just annoying, jerk, idiots around women (like me in this one incident)
but not always creepy. sound like right wingers, everything that don't like is always liberal.
''yeah muslim,atheist,gays,fascist are left wing liberal and all the same''

Yuugiri wrote:
So you ask us for our opinions, then deny them completely without even giving consideration to them. Following that, you go ahead to not only put down your own behavior, but then attempt to justify it?

What was the point of this thread, exactly?


_________________
Averages
AS: 138.8
NT : 54.6


BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,285

09 Feb 2013, 1:40 pm

billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp.


You have NO way of knowing that... you're projecting YOUR thoughts onto them.

If you've read the posts from many of our lady WP members, a LOT of them live in constant fear that men, burly or scrawny, will attack them without provocation at any time.



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

09 Feb 2013, 2:03 pm

BlueMax wrote:
billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp.


You have NO way of knowing that... you're projecting YOUR thoughts onto them.

If you've read the posts from many of our lady WP members, a LOT of them live in constant fear that men, burly or scrawny, will attack them without provocation at any time.


nope, women are not scared me. trust me. I have never once had a woman run away from me. women might be scared of other men out there. but there is no way that any women could ever be scared me. If I actual tried to scare a woman, she would just laugh in my face. women and(men as well) think Im a wimp. it annoying because I am not. I guess I come across as a wimp to alot of people.



spongy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,055
Location: Patiently waiting for the seventh wave

09 Feb 2013, 2:06 pm

billiscool wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp.


You have NO way of knowing that... you're projecting YOUR thoughts onto them.

If you've read the posts from many of our lady WP members, a LOT of them live in constant fear that men, burly or scrawny, will attack them without provocation at any time.


nope, women are not scared me. trust me. I have never once had a woman run away from me. women might be scared of other men out there. but there is no way that any women could ever be scared me. If I actual tried to scare a woman, she would just laugh in my face. women and(men as well) think Im a wimp. it annoying because I am not. I guess I come across as a wimp to alot of people.


When someone is scared of you they arent likely to run away from you(if you were a threat to them you could easily catch them in their mind) what they do is they get angry or they start giving one word responses hoping the interaction ends asap.
Which seems to describe quite a lot of your interactions bill



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

09 Feb 2013, 2:32 pm

spongy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp.


You have NO way of knowing that... you're projecting YOUR thoughts onto them.

If you've read the posts from many of our lady WP members, a LOT of them live in constant fear that men, burly or scrawny, will attack them without provocation at any time.


nope, women are not scared me. trust me. I have never once had a woman run away from me. women might be scared of other men out there. but there is no way that any women could ever be scared me. If I actual tried to scare a woman, she would just laugh in my face. women and(men as well) think Im a wimp. it annoying because I am not. I guess I come across as a wimp to alot of people.


When someone is scared of you they arent likely to run away from you(if you were a threat to them you could easily catch them in their mind) what they do is they get angry or they start giving one word responses hoping the interaction ends asap.
Which seems to describe quite a lot of your interactions bill


catch them in their mind? what does that mean, I am not a wizard....

I don't know, some of them 19 year old gym employee I tried hittin on looked more annoyed than scared.
and that one lady I hollered at, look pissed off not scared. I have no idea where you people getting this whole scared thing at?
I admit that I may come across as being ''an annoying douchebag'' around certain women (younger one's) but not as a scary creepy guy. I think some of these 19 year olds were more like ''omg, will this jerk stop talking to me, I don't care about f--- adam sandler,s**t'' which mean they are more annoyed than scared.

and that one ''holler at'' lady was more like ''oh,gee another douchebag hollering at me, sh-t hate them guys, can't they just leave me alone'' meaning being more annoying than scary



IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,030
Location: Alone

09 Feb 2013, 2:44 pm

billiscool wrote:
Yuugiri wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
How do you know they don't find you creepy???

Because they're "angry" not "scared" or "creeped out", and billiscool apparently has the ability to read minds.

:roll:


I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp. the lady was probaly thinking ''who this jerk''.
you need to realize that some men are just annoying, jerk, idiots around women (like me in this one incident)
but not always creepy. sound like right wingers, everything that don't like is always liberal.
''yeah muslim,atheist,gays,fascist are left wing liberal and all the same''


@billiscool

All I can say is the general concensus from both male and female is that this was a creepy move. Everyone can't be wrong! Especially the women. Just sayin'. You don't think that was creepy? Then keep up the good work.



spongy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,055
Location: Patiently waiting for the seventh wave

09 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm

billiscool wrote:
spongy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
billiscool wrote:
I told you women are not scared of me. They think Im a wimp.


You have NO way of knowing that... you're projecting YOUR thoughts onto them.

If you've read the posts from many of our lady WP members, a LOT of them live in constant fear that men, burly or scrawny, will attack them without provocation at any time.


nope, women are not scared me. trust me. I have never once had a woman run away from me. women might be scared of other men out there. but there is no way that any women could ever be scared me. If I actual tried to scare a woman, she would just laugh in my face. women and(men as well) think Im a wimp. it annoying because I am not. I guess I come across as a wimp to alot of people.


When someone is scared of you they arent likely to run away from you(if you were a threat to them you could easily catch them in their mind) what they do is they get angry or they start giving one word responses hoping the interaction ends asap.
Which seems to describe quite a lot of your interactions bill


catch them in their mind? what does that mean, I am not a wizard....

I don't know, some of them 19 year old gym employee I tried hittin on looked more annoyed than scared.
and that one lady I hollered at, look pissed off not scared. I have no idea where you people getting this whole scared thing at?
I admit that I may come across as being ''an annoying douchebag'' around certain women (younger one's) but not as a scary creepy guy. I think some of these 19 year olds were more like ''omg, will this jerk stop talking to me, I don't care about f--- adam sandler,sh**'' which mean they are more annoyed than scared.

and that one ''holler at'' lady was more like ''oh,gee another douchebag hollering at me, sh-t hate them guys, can't they just leave me alone'' meaning being more annoying than scary


I assume you are a threat to me.

This doesnt make you out to be a threat but I can assure you that if you are a threat to me you are in a better shape or carrying a big weapon.
Do I want to run away from someone that is physically stronger than me and quite likely to catch me if they wanted to?
No.
What do I do?

I try to make you feel threatened by me or let you know that your attention is unwanted.

How do I make you feel threatened by me? I get mad at you for the way you are approaching and make you feel like you should know better than approach people in a way that makes them feel threatened thus making you feel inferior and letting you know Im not an easy target if you were thinking of becoming a threat in any way whatsoever

How do I let you know you are unwanted?
I make a point to show Im uninterested in whatever you are trying to say.

Both approaches above are my ways of dealing with threatening people and they describe your biggest problems(girls uninterested on what you say, girls getting mad at you).

Quite a coincidence I would say

As a side note: you mention older women dont act this way.
This can be explained by the fact that most women are still getting used to attention from younger males and they are unlikelier to see you as a threat because you remind them of their younger sibling/child/whatever



billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

09 Feb 2013, 4:04 pm

Quote:
I assume you are a threat to me.

This doesnt make you out to be a threat but I can assure you that if you are a threat to me you are in a better shape or carrying a big weapon.
Do I want to run away from someone that is physically stronger than me and quite likely to catch me if they wanted to?
No.
What do I do?

I try to make you feel threatened by me or let you know that your attention is unwanted.

How do I make you feel threatened by me? I get mad at you for the way you are approaching and make you feel like you should know better than approach people in a way that makes them feel threatened thus making you feel inferior and letting you know Im not an easy target if you were thinking of becoming a threat in any way whatsoever

How do I let you know you are unwanted?
I make a point to show Im uninterested in whatever you are trying to say.

Both approaches above are my ways of dealing with threatening people and they describe your biggest problems(girls uninterested on what you say, girls getting mad at you).

Quite a coincidence I would say

As a side note: you mention older women dont act this way.
This can be explained by the fact that most women are still getting used to attention from younger males and they are unlikelier to see you as a threat because you remind them of their younger sibling/child/whatever


yes, alot of women are not uninterested in me. (mostly 19 year old gym employees) but they are not scared of me.
They just find me annoying, an idiot, a douchebag but not a scary creepy guy. or maybe just boring,a geek, lame, a wimp
but not creepy or scary.

and that ladies I holler at was in her mid 30's I would say.

if I was a true scary creepy guy than no woman would ever want to even talk to me ever. Yes, I get along with alot of older woman but since I've been talking to more range of female beside 19 year old gym employee and talking more than just about adam sandler all the time, I gotten more postive results. what about them girls I been hanging with at the community center, they don't seem to be scared of me. I just walk up to them, and said ''hi my name is ''bill'' '' that how I met them and they weren't scared,
they didn't go running off. and there been another group of ladies I been hanging out with, every now and then. and told me I I am''nice'' and they didn't mind me talking to them. (and all ladies around 20-31 years old)

but of course knowing some people here. You probaly go ''well, they are just pretending to like you, because they are really scared of you''
and of course all the excuse for the older women who don't mind me ''oh, them older women are nice to you, because they aren't threaten by you (me)''

yes, just because I've might have done bad with some of them young 19 year old women and that one woman I holler at (which I admit isn't the best thing to do) doesn't mean that every single woman hates my guts or think I am some creepy guy.

some of you people just don't like the fact, that there are women out there that don't mind talking to me and don't mind hanging out with me.



IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2012
Age: 44
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,030
Location: Alone

09 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

Then WHAT is the point of this thread????



Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2013
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,049
Location: Washington

09 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

billiscool wrote:
if I was a true scary creepy guy than no woman would ever want to even talk to me ever.

Black and white thinking.

billiscool wrote:
but of course knowing some people here. You probaly go ''well, they are just pretending to like you, because they are really scared of you''
and of course all the excuse for the older women who don't mind me ''oh, them older women are nice to you, because they aren't threaten by you (me)''

No one has said that.

billiscool wrote:
yes, just because I've might have done bad with some of them young 19 year old women and that one woman I holler at (which I admit isn't the best thing to do) doesn't mean that every single woman hates my guts or think I am some creepy guy.

No one has said this either.

billiscool wrote:
some of you people just don't like the fact, that there are women out there that don't mind talking to me and don't mind hanging out with me.

You are the one who asked us why women get angry when you do certain things. We've given provided you with multiple possibilities. If you were just going to reject them all from the offset, I will echo IlovemyAsipe:

IlovemyAspie wrote:
Then WHAT is the point of this thread????


_________________
Averages
AS: 138.8
NT : 54.6


AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

09 Feb 2013, 4:23 pm

I dont know why but usually I get lots of hugs from ladies for being nice they tell me I make them feel safe I dont know why though! :shrug: Im usually pretty oblivious my sisters friends hugged me 5 times and told my sister that I am a sweety and I make them feel safe I guess it was that time we all met and these guys were peacocking and trying to get them super drunk i didnt trust those guys and I drank the girls drinks for them as they handed me their drinks I got super drunk though haha I had a nasty hangover but I took that sacrifice for their safety there was no telling what those guys would do if there were roofies in the drinks I woulda been the one not to remember. I like to drink anyway but i know this I am never drinking hennesy again I ended up painting the walls with my stomach when I got home! :eew: Second time we hung out they were super cool with me they felt bad I got sick the previous time but were happy I drank their drinks for them and gave me lots of hugs. I dont know why but when I am hanging out with a bunch of women I dont shout stuff out much Im usually pretty oblivious!


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList


MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2009
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,007

09 Feb 2013, 4:43 pm

If she was good looking like you said, she might be at the point where people just look for a reason to talk to her. I think a good analogy is magazine salesmen, they show up on your doorstep trying to get rapport with a complete stranger (you) so they can tell you about how their college dreams will be squashed if you don't buy their overpriced magazines. They will throw away 15 minutes of your life to get to that point. If that happened even as often as one a week, I'd be less friendly when answering the door, my time mine and nobody is entitled to it.


_________________
I'm a math evangelist, I believe in theorems and ignore the proofs.


JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2012
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,359

09 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm

Pointless thread is pointless, but also highly entertaining.