How to tell if your girlfriend is a psycho.

Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 8:57 am

that video was kind of mean. and it misused the word psycho.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 8:59 am

I love it!

I've dated Crazy before. I even almost married Crazy. The problem with Crazy is she's hard to get rid of, and if you stick with Crazy long enough, the effects of the mental and emotional, and for me even physical effects are long lasting.

I agree with the idea that all mates are a little bit crazy. The woman I did end up marrying was just coming out of an explosively abusive relationship when we got together, so admittedly I had plenty of crazy to deal with back then. However, the expectation is that we will eventually get over those things, that I don't have to be her bodyguard forever in that sense, and that she can stop falling apart on me on a daily basis, NOT direct all her pent-up anger at me or at least acknowledge it for what it is and give me fair warning.

I don't mind being a punching bag. I just need to understand why. With my ex, all the ills of the world were my fault. I refuse to be the only one apologizing. If I really did screw up, fine. I just need to know my mate thinks I have more redeeming qualities than not and that she is capable of owning up to the fact that, like it or not, she's not perfect either. Anything less than that sounds like Crazy to me.

I wonder if men too often are interested in dating "girls" who lack maturity and substance of character. I married a woman, not a girl. A smart woman IMO is much less likely to flip out on you like that.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 9:13 am

hyperlexian wrote:
that video was kind of mean. and it misused the word psycho.

ikr, it should have shown chicks like this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 9:17 am

hyperlexian wrote:
that video was kind of mean.

The whole website is soaked in testosterone, what did you expect?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 9:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
that video was kind of mean.

The whole website is soaked in testosterone, what did you expect?

i didn't go looking there, you posted it here.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 11:56 am

good post.

I wish I could further the discussion with facts but they will be called sexist.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:11 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
good post.

I wish I could further the discussion with facts but they will be called sexist.

lol :lol:

Yeah.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:24 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
good post.

... sexist posts are sexist. facts are not sexist. if your posts are called sexist, you are either misinterpreting the facts or you are not stating facts at all. now you know.

answeraspergers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:36 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
answeraspergers wrote:
good post.

... sexist posts are sexist. facts are not sexist. if your posts are called sexist, you are either misinterpreting the facts or you are not stating facts at all. now you know.

:roll: :roll:

I'm sure we will react the same dead end as last time we had this argument. When women dont like the facts they suddenly become sexist.

To the other guy - :-) Shame eh!

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 1:37 pm

answeraspergers wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
answeraspergers wrote:
good post.

:roll: :roll:

I'm sure we will react the same dead end as last time we had this argument. When women dont like the facts they suddenly become sexist.

To the other guy - :-) Shame eh!

no, that's not the case. it's not a matter of not liking the facts, it's a matter of sexist posts never having any facts to back them up. interesting how that works.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:38 pm

Just finished the video now - so far it seems 100% accurate (the cleaver at the end is just in fun.)

I can't see anyone not liking this video unless it's exposing something icky they'd rather keep hidden.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:49 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Just finished the video now - so far it seems 100% accurate (the cleaver at the end is just in fun.)

I can't see anyone not liking this video unless it's exposing something icky they'd rather keep hidden.

i see what you did there you're implying there is something wrong with me if i don't like the video.

they misused the word "psycho". someone who flirts with other men or who has a celebrity obsession, for example, is not necessarily psychopathic (that should be fairly obvious). and they put the women in a normal-looking top and accused her of trying to attract other men's attention. i think the video is pretty mean spirited.

Yuugiri
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:52 pm

Not going to bother with the video, but seriously guys, you really need to stop treating women as the enemy.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

i see what you did there you're implying there is something wrong with me if i don't like the video.

they misused the word "psycho". someone who flirts with other men or who has a celebrity obsession, for example, is not necessarily psychopathic (that should be fairly obvious). and they put the women in a normal-looking top and accused her of trying to attract other men's attention. i think the video is pretty mean spirited.

Believe it or not, no. I don't hold grudges.

Is your dislike for the video really limited to the misuse of the word "psycho"? If you replaced it with "unhealthy mental/emotional state" would you agree with the video? ...that demanding center stage, needing sexual approval from all men in the room, irrational anger, etc. is the sign of an unstable/unhealthy person?

Yuugiri wrote:
Not going to bother with the video, but seriously guys, you really need to stop treating women as the enemy.

It's only two minutes long. Besides, you should see what it's like on our side of the battlefield someday... I know many of you gals spend much of your day in fear of being raped... many men now fear manipulative women utterly destroying their lives and having everything they have/love stolen from them.

The one in the video is a good example of what we DO need to watch out for.

On a barely-related note, yet another mom has murdered her children in my own province - the media barely made a peep about it.

Last edited by BlueMax on 15 Feb 2013, 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2013, 3:53 pm

I thought the video was amusing; the roles could easily have been switched though. Most of the signs of "psychoness" are not gender specific.