what about pot smokers (dating one)

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

gotwake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Apr 2013, 12:29 am

I like pot. A lot. It has helped me with quite a bit throughout my life. I have never been into advertising for Cannabis. The whole neo-hippy, cannabis activist cliche annoys me. I am not afraid to talk about it, nor am I ashamed. It just has its time and place. Well, it has quite a few times and places, but that doesn't mean that everyone on earth wants to hear about how baked you are and how cannabis is going to revolutionize everything. I used to be the type of person that would smoke while walking down the sidewalk and not care that I smelled. Now, though I am still not ashamed of it, I tend to be more discreet. I typically use high grade hash oil in my Da Vinci brand vaporizer. Not really any smell, and I can control how much CBD is released by adjusting the temperature. I can choose between, "smile, look people in the eye, and talk" or "nap time".

More than half of my friends and family use it, and are way less discreet than me. Most people don't even know I use cannabis if I don't tell them.

With cannabis, I am sociable, mentally balanced, happy, and relaxed. I have not had one panic attack this year. I hate the cannabis subculture, though. That is one of the main reasons I don't let people know until I know them well. I don't want them to throw me into a box with a bunch of hippies.

As for pot being a turnoff.... I'm not really worried. Most girls I know have no problem with it. Besides, my favorite lunch is to cook a pound of bacon and make hash browns in the grease...all to myself(It's ok; I work out everyday and am as light as a feather)! I don't think that pot is the most unhealthy/unattractive thing about me. BTW: I don't smoke until evening; I just love bacon.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

It depends on how fond of it they are. I've known people who couldn't get out of bed without a bong hit but they were lacking in any drive and were too needy and weedy. All they did was sit around being stoned all day and expected me to sit there with them, or drive them around to try to find more. That's a dealbreaker. If it's just a once-in-a-while relaxing, fun treat I'm okay with it. To me, that's what it's for. I don't want to stay that way all the time. I've got stuff to do.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2013, 9:15 am

Sure I would date a pot smoker no problem! I occasionally smoke it so why not?

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

KinetiK
Raven
Raven

16 Apr 2013, 10:30 pm

Dunno why everyone hates hippies so much, they're the most awesome people to be around.

onewithstrange
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2013, 1:47 am

I don't smoke and I never saw the appeal. I consider it a deal-breaker.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

I have no interest in smoking so it wouldn't make sense for me date one. For a while I didn't even want cigarette smokers. I feel I would somehow fight with them about their pot smoking habit and it would be a problem so it would be best if I didn't get involved at all.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

If someone lacks drive, I would actually rather have it be because of pot!! At least then, the person can quit or cut down and get some drive.

I like pot myself. How I'd probably break the ice on that is to ask her if she thinks marijuana should be legal. If she fervently thinks anyone who smokes pot deserves all the prison time they get in states where it's still criminalized, well, that would be the one deal breaker for me regarding this issue. To be honest I don't even want to WORK for someone who's that against pot if I can help it! At minimum, she should be able to tolerate the FACT that I smoke marijuana at least occasionally, although if she doesn't want to breathe pot smoke, I have no need to smoke with her around.

To go in the opposite direction from my own drug habits, I would tolerate occasional to fairly regular use of ANY drug. Even METH. Being constantly on something as horrible as meth, however, would give me pause - although desire to quit could still save her in that case. The most important thing to me about someone's use of a drug that I don't use is that whatever drug she uses, she's well aware of whatever risks (legal or otherwise) she may be taking with the drug, and situations when she really shouldn't be on it.

That being said I'm not really actively looking for love. I'm just trying to make friends, because I think the best foundation for a relationship is a close friendship. Trying for a relationship directly, I've found, eats into the friendship part! I don't really worry about being "friend-zoned."

AQ: 33

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Apr 2013, 7:36 pm

Despite smoking pot being a potential dealbreaker for me I sometimes like people who have personality traits of a stonner & I'm sometimes mistaken for being one myself. Some of the traits I like are being laid back, liberal, being easily confused is sometimes cute & funny to me, like weed comedies like Harold & Kumar, Dude Where's My Car & Cheech & Chong.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mfs1013
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2013, 9:04 pm

Happy 420 day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/mfs1013

http://soundcloud.com/DJMFS
http://mixcloud.com/DJMFS

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2013, 10:38 pm

Happy 4/20 8)

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MusicalWonders
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2013, 1:21 am

I will not be with anybody who smokes, as it irritates me. It's both a major turn off and a deal breaker.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

28 Oct 2013, 7:58 am

FrankiDelano wrote:
I get stoned rather frequently, if I met a girl who I could dedicate my life enough to make me quit then I would. Personally I would look for someone who smokes so I wouldn't have to quit, but no one's perfect.

The problem with that philosophy is that no decent girl that will make you want to "dedicate your life to" is going to date a stoner (the smell, the fact that you don't earn enough to support a family, etc etc)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2013, 8:20 am

Depends on, if he is psychical addicted to it, or if he is able to use it, just like I expect him to use alcohol, for special occasions only.

I dont mind anyone, maybe smoking pot once or twice a month on weekends, when meeting friends. Additional as I dont care for special occasions like visiting festivals or whatever.

Just as a beer from now and then is nothing wrong. While needing a beer everyday, already is a sign of an at least psychical addiction. Around here smoking pot is still illegal, but as long as you are only an non-criminal "from now and then weekend and festivals"-user, police doesnt bother.(As long as they dont catch you driving while being potted. Or you smoke it in public areas, ....)

For a psychical addicted potsmoker, having the need to smoke daily, to make a day a good day, I had no interest. I have experienced myself enough, how that drags you down, and I know as well, that noone but you can do the desicion about stopping to do so or not, so all that "Only waiting for the right girl to stop smoking..." is simply lame excuses, so people can reject their own responsibility about smoking or not smoking, and give themselve an illusion, that other people were responsible for that. " So I would have stop smoking pott immediately if they right girl had come my way, but its not my fault, that this didnt happen...." If YOU smoke, then because YOU do it, and thats simply noone else but YOUR fault and noone else but YOU is responsible for that..."

Yop, I do smoke from now and then, but you never will hear a lame excuse from me about it. I smoke, because of my desicion to do so, and not because the evil fortune, hasnt sent my prince yet, that shall save me from doing so. ^^ As well as I dont mind meeting someone, smoking weed or drinking alcohol for fun in moderate amounts from now and then, but would reject someone smoking weed or drinking alcohol regularly.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

Am totally fine with it-in fact, find it to be a plus, since that's one more special interest we'd share.
I'd much prefer to be with a "420-friendly" guy than a drinker or user of other "hard" substances.

Having shared values and personality styles matters a lot to me for a harmonious/compatible relationship.
While I don't get along with all pot-smokers, I'd probably get along better with most of them than with those who choose other intoxicants/coping mechanisms.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 11:29 am

Tyri0n wrote:
...No, with LSD, even one hit can cause permanent damage to the hippocampus.

Nonsense.