Page 4 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

Mexican girls and their looks can vary. Lots of girls from there are beautiful.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

uwmonkdm wrote:
Hispanic was a nicer way of saying 'mexican' in this scenario.

In North America, due to a phenomena called "political correctness," Hispanic has become a virtual race. And, believe it or not, the Hispanic race card trumps the Black race card. But, let's not diverge on that topic.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 2:45 pm

And, don't forget: doesn't have a pulse.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 3:16 pm

cakey wrote:

In fact, you look Mexican. And you´re very beautiful.

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2013, 3:48 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
cakey wrote:

I live in Arizona, have lived in California, and have traveled to Mexico numerous times. Being Mexican is a nationality, which is a matter of citizenship. Being Hispanic means originating from a North American country that uses Spanish as it's primary language and has a culture with a strong traditional Spanish influences, such as music and architecture. Racially, many Mexicans have some Aztec (predominant native tribe) lineage, but most current Mexicans have at least some European lineage and there are Mexicans and Hispanics of virtually all races and lineages. Yes, there are blonde, light-skinned Mexican and Hispanic girls who look like they just got off a plane from Germany or Sweden. BTW, I'm not criticizing the statements above - just offering some information.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 4:48 pm

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
cakey wrote:

I live in Arizona, have lived in California, and have traveled to Mexico numerous times. Being Mexican is a nationality, which is a matter of citizenship. Being Hispanic means originating from a North American country that uses Spanish as it's primary language and has a culture with a strong traditional Spanish influences, such as music and architecture. Racially, many Mexicans have some Aztec (predominant native tribe) lineage, but most current Mexicans have at least some European lineage and there are Mexicans and Hispanics of virtually all races and lineages. Yes, there are blonde, light-skinned Mexican and Hispanic girls who look like they just got off a plane from Germany or Sweden. BTW, I'm not criticizing the statements above - just offering some information.

Haha you don´t have to tell me I know exactly what you mean. My mom is a darker skinned lady from South America and I am a redhead with freckles and hazel eyes.

wotsits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Apr 2013, 5:30 pm

:lol:
I'm not sure what to say, really, just that I wouldn't even think of some of those dealbreakers! I'm not sure if it's part of my AS but I tend to assume the best of everyone, until proven otherwise. And, of course, having spent years thinking that everyone else is 'normal' and I'm the weird one, I never think that other people will be weird too! Also, having the social skills of a squashed mosquito does mean that I often come across as sarcastic/arrogant/inflexible and half of the other things on the A-Z of deal-breakers :P but luckily I have met men in my life who have hung around long enough to see through that! Thankfully it takes all sorts!! !!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 5:43 pm

Most of the men here have longer lists than the woman's deal-breaker thread,and you guys wonder why you don't get more tail :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 5:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Most of the men here have longer lists than the woman's deal-breaker thread,and you guys wonder why you don't get more tail :lol:

Maybe it's because we will openly admit our "deal-breakers" before a relationship begins, and accept any woman who displays none of them; rather than wait until after the relationship begins before revealing our standards piecemeal, and then play head games and nag a woman into changing her behavior fit our standards - a.k.a. "You're Perfect; Now Change!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Apr 2013, 6:12 pm

Thank you, Cafeaulait. And you are correct that I am Mexican :).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 6:23 pm

Muchas latinas son bonitas, sin excepciones aquí!

Translation by Google

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 6:24 pm

Misslizard wrote:

I don't mean to... I like to think that mine mostly rules out a limited number of individuals with significant, malicious issues. Mostly for my own protection. A lot of what I included on there is also rejection of the type of person who would reject me, which is probably healthy.

I think it's easy for women to read the men's list and feel rejected, and I think it's easy for men to read the women's list and feel rejected.

In addition, it's pretty classic for each gender to always be searching for something elusive that many have trouble providing. E.g. confidence. So there's a whole lot of everybody not getting a lot of tail. The lists just reveal something about why love is so hard to find in reality. So this is good.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 6:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Maybe it's because we will openly admit our "deal-breakers" before a relationship begins, and accept any woman who displays none of them; rather than wait until after the relationship begins before revealing our standards piecemeal, and then play head games and nag a woman into changing her behavior fit our standards - a.k.a. "You're Perfect; Now Change!"

Maybe we are more optimistic that things can work out.
But I would not expect someone to change and be something else for me.
I can't stand the smell of cheap tobacco,cigars or pipes.But this would not mean I'd rule them out,I'd compromise on it.(and I do smoke,nasty habit I know, but it relaxes me in public,something to do with my hands).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 6:57 pm

Why compromise and be miserable, when you can hold out for a person who can meet your standards and have a better chance of being happy?

I can't stand tobacco smoke, either, and I held out for a woman who doesn't smoke, married her, and we now live in a smoke-free home - no tobacco stink on our clothes, in our hair, or oozing from our pores.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:01 pm

Quote:
If they are a feminist.

Don't you hate it when women think they should be equal to men?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Quote:
If they are a feminist.
Don't you hate it when women think they should be equal to men?

Women Belong in the House!

... and the Senate ... and the Supreme Court ... and the Presidency ... and ...