would a communist style dating system work?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

MXH wrote:
1000Knives wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Has a communist *anything* ever worked?

AK-47, Soyuz rockets, Mir space station, my Russian adjustable double edge razor. Soviet cars like Ladas and whatnot for the most part even worked OK, just they're not very fun.

Country made things isn't what he asked, since their design isn't based on much more than the engineers in that country. Its like saying Nazi Germany was great because they built great equipment.

And the trains ran on time.

J-P
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2013, 11:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Has a communist *anything* ever worked?

I would see an nazism-dating as we exterminate all douche bags,jerk and theses all indiserables insects of dating

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

If everyone is average, are we all awesome or are we all losers?

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Apr 2013, 9:41 am

"From each according to his looks, to each according to his sexual needs!" - Karl Marx

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 11:35 am

billiscool wrote:
in other words. Everyone would just be average.

No, everyone would be oppressed.

billiscool wrote:
so man could never every become a stud and take his large share of women, and no women could never ever become the ''popular lady'' and get a large share of men.

Haven't you ever heard of "Adultery"? It's where a married person has sex with at least one other person that he or she is not married to.

billiscool wrote:
but it would be tough, because some people want to have a huge number of partners and other want to have very few, or none.

That's just human nature, which Communists hope to "evolve" out of humanity in just one generation.

billiscool wrote:
but could society elimated the alpha-beta male, get rid of them labels. and make all men as equal and women too.

No. Labels don't change human nature - you can call geeks and jocks "equal", but the geeks will still lose to the jocks at dodge-ball.

billiscool wrote:
Even though they are going to be people who will have a huge numbers of partners.

That's just human nature.

billiscool wrote:
so in other words, in this ''communist dating system'' an attractive, out going girl and a unattractive, very rude girl would be consider equal and average, and the attractive, out going man and an short, unattractive man would be consider equal and average.

To whom? Maybe under the law (which they already are), but in they eyes of the beholder? Not a snowball's chance in Hell.

billiscool wrote:
but in communist dating system no man could ever be consider the most attractive, and the most desire, and same with the women, there can't be no most attractive, most desire women in this system, everyone equal.

No, people will still have their opinions. Only the Law would consider them equal.

billiscool wrote:
so movie stars,athletes, music stars would not be allow to be ''the most desire''.

Or else ... what? Forced mutilation? 20 years in an Arctic Gulag?

Face it, kid; this is a stupid idea. You just can not legislate the concept of "beauty". The law can only force people to marry someone they don't like, it can not make some dog-faced troll attractive by merely saying that they're attractive.

Communism is a failure, anyway.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2013, 1:23 pm

Harrison Bergeron as an aspirational story. That's a new one.

[It's a sci fi story by Kurt Vonnegut Jr. that posits just such a society as billiscool wants. In the story, this is considered a dystopian, not utopian society.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Bergeron

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

14 Apr 2013, 7:36 pm

billiscool wrote:
let say we use a communist model in dating and elimated class.
so no more alpha male/top guy, no more low status men.
No more hot girl/top girl, no more low status women.

everyone would be consider equal, and no one could ever become more cooler than anyone else,
no guys could ever become the cool guy or the top guy.
no man or woman, would get all the offer for sex and relationship.

could this system work, or would it fail, like communist usually does.

No, that would not work. What if, as a zeta male, I got paired with a sorority girl/alpha female whom I hated? I would dump her and date a zeta female who made me happy.

A better, fairer system would be actual Communism where wealth is not a factor, personal styles and entertainment culture are limited, and the culture values things like academic achievement and, after that, public service above all. You can't directly legislate the concept of beauty and attractiveness but you can create the right incentives to create a fairer and more socially useful standard.

What we need is more sophisticated and centralized methods for finding people just like us. Ultimately, that is the problem for a lot of us: there are plenty of both men and women who have difficulty finding partners who are sufficiently like us for a relationship to work. For the typical NT, culture, family background, and geographic proximity are good indicators. For us, these things just aren't nearly sufficient because we cannot conform to our environment. We must find an environment conformed to us.

We just have trouble finding each other. The internet helps a little bit for those of us who are quirky and have special needs, but it's not sufficient in its current form at all.

Dan_Vincze
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2013, 10:11 pm

1000Knives wrote:
How do I become a communist party official in your communist dating system so I can have a harem and take all the girls of the political prisoner males?

CC me on that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Apr 2013, 9:29 pm

In order for everyone to be seen as equal to everyone else; everyone would have to be exactly the same as everyone else & not have any form of individuality. This could work in science fiction if they reproduce by cloneing

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2013, 2:21 pm

How would you even engineer this expirament in the first place?

Have every woman get radical plastic surgery to look like Beyounce, or Shania Twain, or J-lo, or whomever ?

And then have every guy be issued a Ferrarri ?

Or we could go the less expensive route. Maybe you just pull names out of a hat.

Whomever's name you got, as long as its not your own sibling, thats whom the dating commissar assigns to you as your steady bf or gf? Is that the sort of thing you had in mind?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 8:23 am

Commie dating would work initially then unintended consiquences would turn up.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 8:25 am

nick007 wrote:
In order for everyone to be seen as equal to everyone else; everyone would have to be exactly the same as everyone else & not have any form of individuality. This could work in science fiction if they reproduce by cloneing

Clone would lead to mutations.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2013, 9:22 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UctriMuXYS0[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList