Share a Fact About Yourself That You Would Tell a Date

Page 1 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 8:55 pm

The goal is to impress them because you really want there to be a second date.

The fact must be real, but it can be silly.

I’ll go first:

When I was a kid, I wanted to join the wrestling team. My mom said, “How about you take ballet lessons instead?” I said, “Okay,” and that’s how I briefly got into ballet.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 24 Aug 2023, 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:01 pm

I prayed to Santa Claus every night of my life until I was about 8 (at which time I learned the cold hard truth).
I prayed to him instead of Jesus, because I thought he was more important.
At least he was still alive.

I liked to pray to him like this:

"Hi Santa. I know it's March (or July, or September ...), but I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm thinking of you when everyone else has forgotten. I don't just think about you in December when I want gifts. I don't care about gifts or about me. I care about you all year because you're such a kind person, and I believe in your magic. I hope you're doing OK and you're taking care of the reindeer. Love, Issy. "

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:08 pm

^ :heart:

When I was a kid, my friend and I made a treasure map. To make it look old, I thought it would be a good idea to burn the edges of it. The map turned out great, but I burned a hole in my pink carpet. I decided that the pros outweighed the cons. I loved going on pretend treasure hunts with my friends in the woods.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:15 pm

^ :heart:

By me:

I used to play in the back of my mum's Ford Pinto (1970's hatchback) when it was parked in the driveway. I would go in there with my stuffed black poodle named Kathy, which had a wind-up music box inside it. We liked to pretend it was a submarine and we were going underwater.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:18 pm

I can do a headstand. Want to see?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:21 pm

When I was about seven I decided I would never get married because I heard that husbands usually died before their wives.

I was scared that my husband would die in our house and I wouldn't know what to do with the body.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:26 pm

^ That’s such a great thing to tell a first date that I may have to borrow it.

I got so carsick when I was out preaching as a kid that I threw up on a homeowner’s shoes when he opened the door.

(Between motion sickness and morning sickness, I’ve got lots of good vomit stories to share. :heart: They’re just the thing when you want to impress a date.)

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 24 Aug 2023, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:32 pm

Sweet! ^

My undx ADHD was so bad that my second grade teacher implemented a morning yoga activity first thing every morning and chose me to be the leader. I got to sit in Lotus position and breathe in and out slowly with my eyes shut while my teacher prayed to God that my trance and focus would last all day, or that she could win the lottery and retire to bedlam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6ztO4 ... lues-Topic

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:42 pm

When I was a teenager I didn't have any friends. One Saturday night I felt so sorry for myself I went out in the snow on the driveway and tried to make pretend car tracks in the snow by dragging my feet in two straight lines. I wanted to be able to go to school on Monday and tell people that an older boy came and picked me up for a date with his car.

The tracks didn't look believable so I never told my fib.

:(

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:45 pm

^ :heart: I had a couple friends until I was 15, and they moved far away. I only saw them very rarely after that until the friendships fizzled out completely.

When we were teenagers, my friends and I dared each other to sneak out of the house and go to an old, nearby cemetery at midnight under the light of a full moon. We decided that there needed to be a twist, so we went barefoot AND topless. We weren’t caught by anyone.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:52 pm

Ohhh I love that! ^

When I was in sixth grade I used to walk home from school for lunch. I passed a house where there was an older teenaged boy (maybe 19 or 20), who was always on his back under the family car doing repairs in a pair of very short denim cut-off shorts. I always said hello to him and stood there until he moved enough that I could see the edge of his balls poking out. I think he knew it and moved accordingly. I quite enjoyed those hellos.

:twisted:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:56 pm

Hmm, in answer to the thread question - a fact about me would be that I only had a small number of friends (2 or so) at any given time during high school, and when a friend or friend(s) rang in sick I'd sometimes have to spend my lunch times alone, and I found that horrifying.

One might become a target for bullies if not in the company of at least one other person, in my high school environment. And that thought gave me anxiety.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:02 pm

I spent ALL my lunch times hiding in the library in a study carol, because I had no friends.
That's in two different schools, two different countries, every day.
I didn't even eat because we weren't allowed food in there.
That's how I got to read so much literature.

OK actually there was one day a girl named Debbie asked me to go for lunch off school property.
We were partners on a project and had to finish planning our presentation by the end of lunch.

I followed her to a little place where she ordered a bagel.
I'd never heard of bagels and didn't know what they were.
I couldn't copy her order because I couldn't hear her clearly enough.
I said I had a stomach ache and didn't eat.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:07 pm

I didn’t have to worry about bullies much because I was homeschooled. I always ate lunch alone. I was often alone in the house because my parents worked full-time and my brother was doing religious stuff outside of the house. I’d often sing or talk to myself when I went for walks in the woods. Sometimes I’d take books and study outside. When I “graduated,” my math and writing skills were only at a 7th grade level, if that. I had to cram before college, so I didn’t have to take remedial classes.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:11 pm

At the graduation ceremony for high school the teachers told us to queue in order of our surnames. We were just supposed to figure it out ourselves by knowing everyone. I didn't have a clue who any of the kids were or what their last names were so I just stood there like a lump of cement hoping people would move around me and I'd end up in the right spot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 10:23 pm

I had horrible anxiety throughout high school and we used to have to read aloud during English classes, in turns, usually from a book.

In one English class, whilst my voice was breaking during puberty, my voice broke and went from deep to high pitched and everyone burst out laughing.

I also had the job of masking Tourette's symptoms during high school, but when I did let out some tics, people noticed, including people I had a crush on & it was embarrassing.