Page 8 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:32 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Nerds can be sexy, as long as they don't look like typical nerds. That means, pimples, fatness, beards included.

3 day beards can be very hot imo

yes I like stubble but I don't like it when it becomes longer tuft-like hairs - that looks a mess

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:42 am

1000Knives wrote:
EDIT. I pretty much am a jock and a nerd now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjRe8QXFHY[/youtube]

1000Knives wrote:
And both nerds and jocks hate me now, because I don't fit clearly into either group.

I learned a long time ago not to worry about such nonsense.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 6:59 am

nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Is the OP saying they consider themself a nerd or just others?

I changed from typical nerd to a someone with nerdy interests.

Boo 1.0 was a typical nerd: very skinny, no sense of haircut/fashion, no single sport activity, tense glasses

I no longer talk much about nerdy stuff in public too, things like computers, science news, history...etc.

Because, seriously....IT BORES OTHER PEOPLE TO TEARS, I've learned this in the hard way.

I've learned some self control and to keep my mouth shut regarding these subjects when I am with others. My interests are mine only.

Today, the women I find most easy to impress are extrovert, some with slightly nerdy interests. Nothing worked with typical introvert women because they always turn out they want someone extrovert (opposite of them), even nerd women don't want to date nerd men in my experience.

BTW, nerd women aren't necessary not shallow/not materialistic nor extrovert women are necessarily shallow/materialistic, there's no correlation between the two traits, I've known typically nerdy women who were the most materialistic and looks-wise shallow I've ever encountered. The last nerd girl I've encountered on okc (she was the only local girl I met there who knows what bonobos means and know about cosmos news!! ! she was very nerdy) complained to me recently that she's thinking of leaving her new fiancée because he couldn't reach a X salary as she expected, he's a young cop officer, I was like 'geez I was saved', also another nerd girl (a bookworm atheist) before her had a preset monetary defined standards.

So I am pretty convinced that a nerd woman might not necessarily be the best match for me nor necessarily is always the better woman.

Also, as I said, they never consider me as a date, the dozen of nerd women I knew during the years are easily impressed by typical social guys and typical social things/activities they do, while extrovert women are easily impressed by something I say or do and they start wanting to date me out of curiosity, their curiosity sometimes grows to desire.

When a job seeker fails to find a job in a specific market over and over again, what should be done? Switching to another market of course!
Yes, I am that pragmatic.

I'm confused

Isn't your definition of nerd here far more based on the person's interests/topics of interest than their image?

Because if any of the females youv'e described are included in the ones you showed me photos of, I'd say none had a nerd-like look, as you've given in your original post photos. on the contrary, the women youv'e dated in thsoe photos looked exceedingly NT to me

Of course they do, because they are NTs, mostly extroverts and not typical nerds, I haven't dated yet any typical nerd one for the reason I've mentioned above (met few but none were dates), to be honest, they are often way more easygoing than the nerds too.

Quote:
So you seem to be jsut talking about a person's interests

It's about interests + the obsession level about these interests + behaviors in public + the way of presenting self (hair, clothes...etc).

Quote:
I ge the impression women who look like a stereotypical nerd probably dont' even exist in your culture

I've hardly ever seen a person with a nerd-like image whenever I've seen footage of Middle Eastern countries

They exist, there were quite few at school but they "grew out" of these looks by peer pressure after high school, hmm basically most end up like I am now. Those who remain so after school are extremely rare here, yes.

Quote:

I would think it would be very hard to look nerd-like in such a culture!

In which culture isn't?

Quote:
I also can't understand why plastic surgery is so prevalent in Middle Eastern countries as everyone alreadty looks pretty stunning to me already!

Increasing competition.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:05 am

nessa238 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Nerds can be sexy, as long as they don't look like typical nerds. That means, pimples, fatness, beards included.

I never knew being fat was part of being a nerd

None of the characters on 'The Big Bang' are fat (or have beards) and I'd say they're typical nerd types

Also, from what I've observed most people have spots at some time or other and a lot have lumps of various kinds and moles on their faces too

The typical nerd doesn't care much about his body-image nor in doing sport activities, he could be fat, he could be skinny, but rarely fit.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:56 am

Why don't women like beards? There really isn't a reason other than pop culture to my knowledge. Oh, men with beards are dirty, men with beards are hobos, oh men with beards are hippies. Beards used to be in before all these dumb clean shaven celebs warped pop culture's sanity on what a real guy can make facial hair look like. Besides, I have beaded/ringed hair, and my beard is the darker side of red hair, while my head hair is in fact light brown. I seem to have no problem making any friends with ladies beard or no beard. I can get away with it, I guess I never thought of it being an actual put off, because it never seemed like it was one for me.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 7:59 am

I like mutton chops, and a handle bar mustache, that would look very good on me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:01 am

Nothing manlier than eating crispy chicken while having a long beard.

*rawr*

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:13 am

appletheclown wrote:
Why don't women like beards?

I've said to my friends before "if I wanted to kiss something in the middle of a bunch of hair I'd be a lesbian."

I just don't find facial hair appealing. I liked a more feminine look if I could find it when I used to date. I generally preferred long hair on the head, no facial and little body hair, and a slender and lightly toned body (no big muscles).

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:24 am

hanyo wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Why don't women like beards?

I've said to my friends before "if I wanted to kiss something in the middle of a bunch of hair I'd be a lesbian."

I just don't find facial hair appealing. I liked a more feminine look if I could find it when I used to date. I generally preferred long hair on the head, no facial and little body hair, and a slender and lightly toned body (no big muscles).

Mutton chops don't cover the mouth or lips

And this guy doesn't even have natural brown head hair. He dyed his red head hair brown because he knows it looks cool to the ladies to have a different color head hair than you facial hair.

Last edited by appletheclown on 16 May 2013, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Is the OP saying they consider themself a nerd or just others?

I changed from typical nerd to a someone with nerdy interests.

Boo 1.0 was a typical nerd: very skinny, no sense of haircut/fashion, no single sport activity, tense glasses

I no longer talk much about nerdy stuff in public too, things like computers, science news, history...etc.

Because, seriously....IT BORES OTHER PEOPLE TO TEARS, I've learned this in the hard way.

I've learned some self control and to keep my mouth shut regarding these subjects when I am with others. My interests are mine only.

Today, the women I find most easy to impress are extrovert, some with slightly nerdy interests. Nothing worked with typical introvert women because they always turn out they want someone extrovert (opposite of them), even nerd women don't want to date nerd men in my experience.

BTW, nerd women aren't necessary not shallow/not materialistic nor extrovert women are necessarily shallow/materialistic, there's no correlation between the two traits, I've known typically nerdy women who were the most materialistic and looks-wise shallow I've ever encountered. The last nerd girl I've encountered on okc (she was the only local girl I met there who knows what bonobos means and know about cosmos news!! ! she was very nerdy) complained to me recently that she's thinking of leaving her new fiancée because he couldn't reach a X salary as she expected, he's a young cop officer, I was like 'geez I was saved', also another nerd girl (a bookworm atheist) before her had a preset monetary defined standards.

So I am pretty convinced that a nerd woman might not necessarily be the best match for me nor necessarily is always the better woman.

Also, as I said, they never consider me as a date, the dozen of nerd women I knew during the years are easily impressed by typical social guys and typical social things/activities they do, while extrovert women are easily impressed by something I say or do and they start wanting to date me out of curiosity, their curiosity sometimes grows to desire.

When a job seeker fails to find a job in a specific market over and over again, what should be done? Switching to another market of course!
Yes, I am that pragmatic.

I'm confused

Isn't your definition of nerd here far more based on the person's interests/topics of interest than their image?

Because if any of the females youv'e described are included in the ones you showed me photos of, I'd say none had a nerd-like look, as you've given in your original post photos. on the contrary, the women youv'e dated in thsoe photos looked exceedingly NT to me

Of course they do, because they are NTs, mostly extroverts and not typical nerds, I haven't dated yet any typical nerd one for the reason I've mentioned above (met few but none were dates), to be honest, they are often way more easygoing than the nerds too.

Quote:
So you seem to be jsut talking about a person's interests

It's about interests + the obsession level about these interests + behaviors in public + the way of presenting self (hair, clothes...etc).

Quote:
I ge the impression women who look like a stereotypical nerd probably dont' even exist in your culture

I've hardly ever seen a person with a nerd-like image whenever I've seen footage of Middle Eastern countries

They exist, there were quite few at school but they "grew out" of these looks by peer pressure after high school, hmm basically most end up like I am now. Those who remain so after school are extremely rare here, yes.

Quote:

I would think it would be very hard to look nerd-like in such a culture!

In which culture isn't?

Quote:
I also can't understand why plastic surgery is so prevalent in Middle Eastern countries as everyone alreadty looks pretty stunning to me already!

Increasing competition.

Oh right, I thought when you mentioned OKCupid that you'd met all these people as dates

I'm nerdy/geeky (don't know the difference) and in one way proud of it ie stuff what other people think - I don't have to waste my time on showers every day and faffing with loads of hair products and hair straighteners and wearing the latest fashion. I only feel bad about myself if other people try and shame me for not being what I'm 'meant' to be, so take them out of the equation and I'm fine :)

But logically speaking, surely it's in everyone else's interests for me not to be competing with them and beating them to the 'prize' (whatever it is - being famous in many cases from what I can see! :roll: ) so really they should be being nice to me!

If I go anywhere and see someone larger than me I like them as they've made me look a bit less fat! Why on earth would I want to be nasty to them?? - they've taken the pressure off me!

If everyone's beautiful the pressure's on everyone even more!

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:27 am

I think some people call pull off the facial hair look, but others can't. My step-dad said that having
one itches, so I don't know why guys would want one.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:28 am

Showing your nerdiness barely works, you have to show "trendy nerdiness", because it's what society enjoys right now.

Trendy nerdiness for girls

Trendy nerdiness for boys

:?

Last edited by BanjoGirl on 16 May 2013, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:30 am

BanjoGirl wrote:
Showing your nerdiness doesn't work, you have to show "trendy nerdiness", because it's what society enjoys right now.

I don't trend, I stick up and stab your hammer in the head. (the one that sticks up gets hammered down, but not me :D )

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:33 am

Yet:

(ame futte chi katamaru) Literally: after the rain, earth hardens
This means: Adversity builds character./After a storm, things will stand on more solid ground than they did before.

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:33 am

appletheclown wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:
Showing your nerdiness doesn't work, you have to show "trendy nerdiness", because it's what society enjoys right now.

I don't trend, I stick up and stab your hammer in the head. (the one that sticks up gets hammered down, but not me :D )

Oops, this is one of those moments when I didn't understand what you said because my English is very lame :lol:

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 8:50 am

BanjoGirl wrote:
Showing your nerdiness barely works, you have to show "trendy nerdiness", because it's what society enjoys right now.

It works ok for me as it filters out the shallow and judgmental

Being trendy is not something I aspire to