Have You Ever Faced Harassment Charges?

Page 7 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 9:52 am

Nobody deserves the opportunity to charge you with harassment, especially those who flake on you. By all means, don’t give it to them.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:03 am

Meems, can I get in on some of those bitter virgin tears fermented in alimony sweat? I promise to only use my newfound superpowers to serve the Feminazi overlords..........

I don't really have any other options seeing as how being a supporter of mainstream feminism and against MRA reactivistism automatically makes me a traitor to my gender, evidently. :roll:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:06 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Meems, can I get in on some of those bitter virgin tears fermented in alimony sweat? I promise to only use my newfound superpowers to serve the Feminazi overlords..........

I don't really have any other options seeing as how being a supporter of mainstream feminism and against MRA reactivistism automatically makes me a traitor to my gender, evidently. :roll:

Most of mainstream feminism has gone to complete s**t and MRA has been PUA-riddled s**t from the beginning. You'd do far better to create your own branch of feminism.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:11 am

I personally never ask a girl why she flaked on me. What's the point? She'll never tell you the truth.

My response would be something like "Phew, I wanted to cancel it too but I was too embarassed" :lol:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:11 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I personally never ask a girl why she flaked on me. What's the point? She'll never tell you the truth.

My response would be something like "Phew, I wanted to cancel it too but I was too embarassed" :lol:

...hey...

That's actually fantastic advice...even puts you in a bit of position of power. Wow Boo you're getting really good at this.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:15 am

meems wrote:
Venger wrote:
meems wrote:

And how do you know she didn't feel threatened by the texts/that they were "non-threatening" ?

The OP claimed what he wrote wasn't an implied "threat" of any kind unless he was lying. But, I suppose he could've sent her his avatar photo with that creepy looking smile in it beforehand. lol

I really don't think it's OK to mock his picture, regardless of his actions. That's cruel and unnecessary. :(

uhh yeah, you feel real bad about that one. :roll:

Sounds like a distinct possibility though if he sent her that photo(or a similar looking one).

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

:lmao:

The core of the issue is there though, if someone I don't really know flakes on me I assume either something really came up, or she is just not that interested. I tell her it's fine (and well, she is under no obligation to see me, really, although making plans with someone and then breaking them is rude), and ask her to pick the next time and place and wait for her reply. If she replies, it means she is interested and then things may proceed; if she doesn't then I move on.

Last edited by Shatbat on 23 May 2013, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:23 am

The OP's picture isn't bad. The photo could have better lighting and quality though.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:32 am

Shau wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

Most of mainstream feminism has gone to complete sh** and MRA has been PUA-riddled sh** from the beginning. You'd do far better to create your own branch of feminism.
Mainstream feminism is not extreme........

Sure there are some lunatics like those "Castration movement" people (just as ridiculous as the MRA people, imo) but they aren't the mainstream despite you, Bluemax and others trying to imply they are. :wink:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:37 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Sure there are some lunatics like those "Castration movement" people (just as ridiculous as the MRA people, imo) but they aren't the mainstream despite you, Bluemax and others trying to imply they are. :wink:

Mainstream feminism (most of it) is s**t, and the castration feminazis are a whole new league of s**t on their own, if we're going to be precise about what I'd imply.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:37 am

Geekonychus wrote:
Shau wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

Most of mainstream feminism has gone to complete sh** and MRA has been PUA-riddled sh** from the beginning. You'd do far better to create your own branch of feminism.
Mainstream feminism is not extreme........

I'm NOT, actually. I've been very specific in that. I really don't have time to pull out a quote from each of my posts to confirm it. Funny how I say one thing but you hear another...

...and yes, your directed insult is duly noted.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:00 am

I just continued to text" I am waiting" and ".............." . I never made any threat on her life or property.
Here is a link to the legislation:
State of Michigan

She gave me her number, and prior to the bit about the police, she said nothing in terms of wanting me to stop. So it was consented, unless she said something, which she did not. In terms of mental distress, I never threatened her life, or done anything that a reasonable person would consider life threatening. And as far as consent, she never explicitly said no, and thus implied consent by continuing . Regardless, I admit I was being a dick. But here is the thing: where can I find a decent chick, or at least a F'buddy? I have been trying hard, but I am at the end of my rope. All the girls at college are taken (honestly, that is the only reason I went), and I am trying to keep busy.

On the subject of the discussion of the actually response, I was surprised at the number of replies. And as far as the picture, that was from a few years ago, and I wear glasses and have different cut.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:08 am

I admit that it was taken on an old G1, and I used this photo since I only used it on this site.It could have been a better photo, and I tend to take crappy photos when I take them. I have better photos on sites like hi5. Example:

And second of all, I have been called gwapo before :D . (Look it up)

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:31 am

Then what she did was unreasonable threatening to call the cops. I've only ever done that when an ex harassed me for months after the breakup including having other people call me at 7 am on his phone and not tell me who they were at first and then say they were calling for him. I finally messaged him on Facebook telling him Ohio law classes the first time you contact someone after they tell you to stop (inclhding via a third party) as misdemeanor telecommunications harassment and each time afterward is a felony, and to not respond to the message befause Facebook notifies you when people have read them.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:36 am

Then what she did was unreasonable threatening to call the cops. I've only ever done that when an ex harassed me for months after the breakup including having other people call me at 7 am on his phone and not tell me who they were at first and then say they were calling for him. I finally messaged him on Facebook telling him Ohio law classes the first time you contact someone after they tell you to stop (inclhding via a third party) as misdemeanor telecommunications harassment and each time afterward is a felony, and to not respond to the message befause Facebook notifies you when people have read them.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:51 am

zacb wrote:
I just continued to text" I am waiting" and ".............." . I never made any threat on her life or property.
Here is a link to the legislation:
State of Michigan

She gave me her number, and prior to the bit about the police, she said nothing in terms of wanting me to stop. So it was consented, unless she said something, which she did not. In terms of mental distress, I never threatened her life, or done anything that a reasonable person would consider life threatening. And as far as consent, she never explicitly said no, and thus implied consent by continuing . Regardless, I admit I was being a dick. But here is the thing: where can I find a decent chick, or at least a F'buddy? I have been trying hard, but I am at the end of my rope. All the girls at college are taken (honestly, that is the only reason I went), and I am trying to keep busy.

On the subject of the discussion of the actually response, I was surprised at the number of replies. And as far as the picture, that was from a few years ago, and I wear glasses and have different cut.

Are you saying that you only sent 3 text messages? If so, then it wouldn't be considered harassment. If however, you continued to text her persistently then that would be another matter, regardless of whether she asked you to stop.