Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 9:43 pm

Is their a read (no-nudity) that explains how women think? I looked on Wikipedia and had to use two Untitled - Notpad Applications to block nudity from my eyes.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 10:51 pm

Women logic is like cat logic in that neither are very logical. Cats are a bit more predictable though.

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 10:57 pm

Women think like men do, more or less. I'd guess that most differences come from learned behaviors. :D

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 10:58 pm

ahayes wrote:
Women logic is like cat logic in that neither are very logical. Cats are a bit more predictable though.

So, they are sly eh?

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 10:59 pm

yesplease wrote:
Women think like men do, more or less. I'd guess that most differences come from learned behaviors. :D

I agree more with Ahayes'

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 11:01 pm

ahayes wrote:

I've found that I don't get along with NT women all that much because of the way they think (As you've said, not very logical, not always predictable) My boyfriend and I have both discovered that aspie women don't think like most women (are more logical)

So I find myself in an odd position...I'm a woman who doesn't understand women all too well! At least I can talk about it with my boyfriend and other men :P

Alicorn
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jan 2007, 11:30 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Female-Brain-Loua ... F8&s=books

Or, most books regarding "evolutionary psychology" will do as well.

Be warned that such books may change the way you look at everything around you.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2007, 11:46 pm

dgd1788 wrote:
yesplease wrote:

I agree more with Ahayes'

I think yesplease's assesment of learned gender behaviours is more accurate, because:

In North America and east Asia if two men display physical affection towards each other, regardless of the context, it's considered "faggy" and if a man cries he's a p*ssy, but it is considered socially acceptable for women to display physical affection towards one another and to cry. In North American and East Asian cultures it is also common to see heterosexual couples holding hands and kissing in public.
However, in the middle east as well as parts of Europe it is common to see men who are obviously straight kissing on the lips or holding hands in public and it is more socially acceptable, but it would be scandalous and disgusting to a middle easterner to see a man and a woman, a couple, kissing or holding hands in public.

Now, in my own experience, I've personally been told a lot of my behaviours seem "effeminate" or "faggy", and I attribute this to my closest friends in elementary and middle school having been female. That, of course, was bound to effect my future personality.
So it depends on the culture, and quite possibly in some weird way boils down to the environment in which the culture has settled, but I'm too tired to think of ways in which that might work.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2007, 11:57 pm

Immortal wrote:
ahayes wrote:

I've found that I don't get along with NT women all that much because of the way they think (As you've said, not very logical, not always predictable) My boyfriend and I have both discovered that aspie women don't think like most women (are more logical)

So I find myself in an odd position...I'm a woman who doesn't understand women all too well! At least I can talk about it with my boyfriend and other men :P

:lol: me too!

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 12:57 am

jnet wrote:
Immortal wrote:
ahayes wrote:

:lol: me too!

Same. :D

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 1:07 am

yesplease wrote:

Really women think about naked women every 5.7 seconds ;)

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

SpectreWithin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jan 2007, 1:10 am

Here's a good, concise diagram I found online once of how the female mind works:

(Sorry just being silly...)

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 1:42 am

That looks about right.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 1:51 am

SpectreWithin wrote:
Here's a good, concise diagram I found online once of how the female mind works:

(Sorry just being silly...)

I especcially like the no part, that must be the motherly instict part of the brain.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 3:38 am

That is defiantly a female brain, rule No*1 never try to figure out how a female works, as you will just have a nervous brake down...

Immortal
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2007, 4:15 am

You are forgetting the males smaller secondary brain

click for diagram, (Funny, but slightly inappropriate)

Of course, men are only capable of using one of these at a time.